• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I created a portfolio website and here are some shots from it.

3bd5b5bc-3c56-4e65-b96b-3f6456cd7224_rw_3840.jpeg

35f614bf-84a9-4c84-a24b-45dd743185a4_rw_3840.jpeg

e84a6e47-2b96-44d9-a45b-280b2d8c74b1_rw_3840.jpg

5ab3a7c9-4cc4-4fcd-a2f9-44d8c4607fec_rw_3840.jpg
Very nice!

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Yesterday I went to the surprise birthday party of a friend and they asked me to take some photos. I wasn't prepared because I arrived there two hours late due to work. It was very dark and I couldn't bounce the flash anywhere because it was outdoors. I wasn't carrying my modifiers since I wasn't planning to shoot either. So my only option was direct flash.

All I could do was use I really high ISO and fill with direct flash. I think I could savage a lot of them, though. At least it was much better than what they would get shooting with their phones.

IMGL9401-Editar by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Today I went to the birthday party of another friend and this time I was prepared. I took everything I have and took 750+ photos! Everyone loved them looking at the back of the camera. They actually hired a photographer but he was there for limited time, so they asked me to assume the photographer role. They told me py photos were much better than the ones of the other guy. I'll post some of them later on after edits.

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I went to the surprise birthday party of a friend and they asked me to take some photos. I wasn't prepared because I arrived there two hours late due to work. It was very dark and I couldn't bounce the flash anywhere because it was outdoors. I wasn't carrying my modifiers since I wasn't planning to shoot either. So my only option was direct flash.

All I could do was use I really high ISO and fill with direct flash. I think I could savage a lot of them, though. At least it was much better than what they would get shooting with their phones.

IMGL9401-Editar by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Today I went to the birthday party of another friend and this time I was prepared. I took everything I have and took 750+ photos! Everyone loved them looking at the back of the camera. They actually hired a photographer but he was there for limited time, so they asked me to assume the photographer role. They told me py photos were much better than the ones of the other guy. I'll post some of them later on after edits.
Wait so they asked you to photograph something at the last minute, yet wanted you to photograph the surprise party? That's fucking disrespectful. Secondly I don't get your setting on that picture especially if you have some time of speedlite.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Wait so they asked you to photograph something at the last minute, yet wanted you to photograph the surprise party? That's fucking disrespectful. Secondly I don't get your setting on that picture especially if you have some time of speedlite.

The guy is my friend since we were 12 or so. They were about to sing happy birthday and his wife took the cellphone to take some pictures, so he turns to me and asked if my camera was there. I went to car, got it and shot the pictures. In this context I wouldn't consider it as disrespectful, but I get your point.

I don't get my settings either lol. It was the first time I was out using my godox speedlite, and I forgot that my flash exposure compensation was really down because of some tests I was shooting at home. I've started using ISO 3200 and F/2.8 with the speedlite in TTL, but the photos were very underexposed and I thought it wasn't firing so I didn't turn up my exposure compensation and instead upped my ISO and started shooting wide open. Everything was happening really fast.

All I can say is that it was an interesting learning experience.

Oct 25, 2017
The guy is my friend since we were 12 or so. They were about to sing happy birthday and his wife took the cellphone to take some pictures, so he turns to me and asked if my camera was there. I went to car, got it and shot the pictures. In this context I wouldn't consider it as disrespectful, but I get your point.

I don't get my settings either lol. It was the first time I was out using my godox speedlite, and I forgot that my flash exposure compensation was really down because of some tests I was shooting at home. I've started using ISO 3200 and F/2.8 with the speedlite in TTL, but the photos were very underexposed and I thought it wasn't firing so I didn't turn up my exposure compensation and instead upped my ISO and started shooting wide open. Everything was happening really fast.

All I can say is that it was an interesting learning experience.
That shit's disrespectful, period, plus they want it for FREE. I've dealt with this enough times to the point where it's not fun. Especially since you have to go back to your car go into something you weren't expecting and then trouble shoot shit. Whomever organized that should've told you in advance.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Some photos from Saturday. I'm loving this little 35mm 1.8 lens. When I had the 6D MK II with the 35/2 I didn't like the focal lenght but liked the lens itself. Now the 35mm is starting to really grow on me. (some of these were with the 135/2.

IMGL9740-Editar by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL9517 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL9542-Editar by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL9562 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL9555 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL9568-Editar by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Last edited:

Fëanor

Oct 27, 2017
Radnor Lake, Nashville
Radnor Lake - Labor Day 2019 by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Wrong Eagle, Nashville
Wrong Eagle by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Lady Junk, Nashville
Lady Junk - 08.30.2019 by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Frist Art Museum, Nashville
Frist museum by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Soy Milk Boy, Nashville
Soy Milk Boy - July 2019 by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Arriving in NYC tomorrow, woooooooo!!! Carrying my heavy ass D750 and 24-70mm 2.8 lol, and film as well because why not!

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Radnor Lake, Nashville
Radnor Lake - Labor Day 2019 by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Wrong Eagle, Nashville
Wrong Eagle by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Lady Junk, Nashville

Frist Art Museum, Nashville
Frist museum by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Soy Milk Boy, Nashville
Soy Milk Boy - July 2019 by abrahamsahuayo, on Flickr

Arriving in NYC tomorrow, woooooooo!!! Carrying my heavy ass D750 and 24-70mm 2.8 lol, and film as well because why not!
Yeah just stay away from midtown. Concentrate on Lower East Side, Bushwick, Greenpoint and LIC or Brooklyn Bridge Park.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
My job is technically to supply B-roll to my editor so she can edit together promotional packages and I have edited together a few videos. What do you need to know?
I have Adobe Premier and am curious if I should start my learning of video editing there or something lighter. It's just for hobby purposes.

Also just wanted to see if there's somewhere people post their videos on Era similar to this thread

Oct 25, 2017
I have Adobe Premier and am curious if I should start my learning of video editing there or something lighter. It's just for hobby purposes.

Also just wanted to see if there's somewhere people post their videos on Era similar to this thread
You can post on either Youtube or Vimeo and I do believe Premiere is like the industry standard so just learn with that.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Trying Capture One for the first time and I really like it. I just wish it was a full photo editor so I could get rid of Adobe products

Last edited:

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I hate that when I post a photo I took I get barely any likes but when the person in the photo posts it to their social media page then hundreds of people like it 😂

Last edited:

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Just gotta say the photos yall are putting here are v. inspiring.

I wrapped up a holiday in Peru where I brought along my Ricoh GRII, going through the photos now and I'm unhappy with the majority of them. Even while I was taking photos there I felt... not great about the photos I was taking despite everything that caught my eye. I'm still very much a novice (grii was a gift) so can't really explain why. Which makes it that much more frustrating, especially so when the camera has served me fine on other trips.

The photos you guys have here, on top the dissatisfaction with my own photography is really pushing me to actually start learning photography.

Last edited:

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
The girl on the left caught my eye but I didn't know why then I realize she was a girlfriend of some local rapper down here(I don't listen to him). youngbabycoco her insta and I took a look and you might've been in her picture too. Her outfit is extremely Miami too.
Her outfit didn't leave much to the imagination, but I did like her aggressive stance. That's why I kept the car in the frame because she literally stopped traffic. Obviously the woman on the right, more of a seasoned NY-er like myself couldn't stop giggling.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Checked her Insta, that's her for sure. Good looking woman, good on her. I do not see myself though...