• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
Checked her Insta, that's her for sure. Good looking woman, good on her. I do not see myself though...
TIEBzdC.png

Maybe some other street photographer.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
How do you like the 56?
I think it's really good. 1.2 is fun of course, but a bit soft, DoF is razor thin. I mean good soft the way you would want for portraits, but not suited for street, on the move kind of a situation. But 1.8 up, and daytime, it's gorgeous. Tack sharp for subjects and the isolation is amazing...everything just pops. Very good lens. Basically I can see myself setting it at f2 and shooting all day, then going to 1.2 at night.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's really good. 1.2 is fun of course, but a bit soft, DoF is razor thin. I mean good soft the way you would want for portraits, but not suited for street, on the move kind of a situation. But 1.8 up, and daytime, it's gorgeous. Tack sharp for subjects and the isolation is amazing...everything just pops. Very good lens. Basically I can see myself setting it at f2 and shooting all day, then going to 1.2 at night.
I have done some decent stuff with it, just not my favorite, the AF drives me a bit crazy, but when it hits it's good.

ekimneems

Oct 29, 2017
I have done some decent stuff with it, just not my favorite, the AF drives me a bit crazy, but when it hits it's good.

Yeah - the AF is the only bad thing about that lens. I use mine primarily for my kids so that's even more of a concern since they move so fast. I find it to be adequate for AF in daylight or golden hour, and hit-or-miss at best in low light.

I'll only shoot at 1.2 when I'm shooting an actual portrait and someone is standing still. For walking around, I'll keep it at f/2. It's sharper edge-to-edge at f/2 anyway

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
Had my father's Yashica-Mat TLR from 1959 restored and just got back my first 3 rolls from a vacation in Lake George. Pretty happy with the results considering it has no light meter and hasn't taken a photo in over 40 years!

IMG_0084 by ekimneems, on Flickr

IMG_0068 by ekimneems, on Flickr

IMG_0057 by ekimneems, on Flickr

IMG_0070 by ekimneems, on Flickr

IMG_0076 by ekimneems, on Flickr

Great looking photos. There's just something with film I can't quite put my hands on.
What film was it?

OP
OP
Cheddahz

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally out of my photography slump I had been in for the last few months (having no desire to shoot or work on anything) and it feels good to be back at it again

EFaf--MXsAA_RBi

waiting for the night (ello / flickr / instagram)

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I think I posted this before, but I did some editing for a company-wide contest that I entered it into. I took this with my DJI Spark drone back in July at Castaway Cove in Ocean City, NJ. 800 ISO 1/60s f2.6 with 2 bracketing shots. I combined the 3 shots into one HDR image in Lightroom. Then I went to town on the highlights and shadows and color.

RfhMirD.jpg

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
eKu8O1D.jpg

Sunset over the river Lee, Cork City.

PVfKk7W.jpg

Honeysuckle.

Some recent efforts, haven't gone out and taken many recently.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
The local police asked me to take some photos for the chield's day (there are photos with kids that I'd rather not post). It was 13:00 and the photos were outside a school. It was really hard to properly expose. Most photos would probably have not worked well without flash if it wasn't for the insane dynamic range of the cameras nowadays.

IMGL1315-2 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
So, I'm kind of a hobbyist photographer. My fiancee wants to get into it, so I was thinking that I may just give her or let her use my Canon T5i and upgrade. I have several EF-S lens and the nifty fifty for it.

First, it looks like they don't have the Rebel line anymore. Is there a current comparable entry-level DSLR?

Do they have any cheaper mirrorless (probably comparable to the Sony a6000) cameras and would they be compatible with the lenses that I already have? I'm trying to think of the best way to approach this. It would be cool if the lenses that I have already would be compatible with a new body.

I (and we) would mostly do landscape photography, but some portrait type stuff occasionally.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
This is the gear thread, question would be better answered there:
www.resetera.com

CamERA Equipment |OT| Photon Capturing Comparison Club OT

Welcome to the camera equipment thread, for discussing everything to do with cameras, lenses, and anything used in the photography process. In addition to this thread, you should also check out Photography ERA |OT|, for posting and discussing your photographs. So you want advice on buying a...

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
This is the gear thread, question would be better answered there:
www.resetera.com

CamERA Equipment |OT| Photon Capturing Comparison Club OT

Welcome to the camera equipment thread, for discussing everything to do with cameras, lenses, and anything used in the photography process. In addition to this thread, you should also check out Photography ERA |OT|, for posting and discussing your photographs. So you want advice on buying a...

Thanks, I didn't know that thread existed!

Fëanor

Oct 27, 2017
I did a simple portrait shoot yesterday, and man I have the shakiest hands holy shit hahaha! :(

Any suggestions for dealing with that?

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
eKu8O1D.jpg

Sunset over the river Lee, Cork City.

PVfKk7W.jpg

Honeysuckle.

Some recent efforts, haven't gone out and taken many recently.
very nice!

Just bought a flash!

v8Dp8Hm.jpg
I think your photography could work very well in BW as well.
I did a simple portrait shoot yesterday, and man I have the shakiest hands holy shit hahaha! :(

Tripod dude. No shame in it.

DSCF3908_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF3890_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF3884_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF3882_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF3868 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF3834 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF3801 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF3769 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF3748 by TIKI, on Flickr

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I don't post here much, my shit does not stack up, totally amateur shit, but this was fun:

Hasbro Black Series Sith Trooper, natural light, window sill, old Olympus 50mm F1.8 lens...

48855702886_22a4d44046_b.jpg

48855340583_37cf6d4848_b.jpg

48855338413_4dbcb1ea80_b.jpg

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017

Unless you have exceedingly shaky hands, it won't manifest too much in your photos unless your shutter speed is too low. You'll probably be fine.

But also, tripods.