• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Istanbul, Turkey - October

I bought a X-T30 with 18-55, 12 and a 35 lens and was learning the ropes with this holiday. I sold off my Nikon camera which I got back in 2010 and was really happy with the picture quality, physical controls and it just felt great taking pictures again with a camera. Overall it seemed like a great discreet travel camera that still packed a punch, plus not having to carry around a DSLR around your neck was amazing.

FMxj76Q.jpg

xr5EdlO.jpg

nLlShmu.jpg

igqCP3x.jpg

N20iQyl.jpg

t7vmxrs.jpg

IgEoFc0.jpg

XWWGdeR.jpg

wKVdkfo.jpg

2A62CFT.jpg

GSOV9Ly.jpg

yY3kVYn.jpg

9LRaX0Y.jpg

CRcWtBt.jpg

ea8WKUC.jpg

Last edited:

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Some Pictures of my recent trip Solo to China, Vietnam and Laos. Most of them were taken on my Sony A5100 and some on my Samsung S10

The Bund, Shanghai
DSC04985 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

20191101_203458 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

DSC05123 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

WestLake, Hangzhou
DSC05279 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

Halong Bay, Vietnam
DSC06285 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

Train Street, Hanoi
DSC06141 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

Nihn Bihn, Vietnam
20191112_133300 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

20191109_150114 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

Mua Caves, Nihn Bihn
DSC06492 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

DSC06273 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

DSC06455 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

Luang Prabang, Laos
20191114_094203 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

DSC06766 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

DSC06634 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

DSC06809 by Tu Chau, on Flickr

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
Istanbul, Turkey - October

I bought a X-T30 with 18-55, 12 and a 35 lens and was learning the ropes with this holiday. I sold off my Nikon camera which I got back in 2010 and was really happy with the picture quality, physical controls and it just felt great taking pictures again with a camera. Overall it seemed like a great discreet travel camera that still packed a punch, plus not having to carry around a DSLR around your neck was amazing.

Dude this is amazing. It makes me want to visit Istanbul. Are these on flickr? I wanted to sent this to a friend so I can encourage him to come.

When I got out of college I saw that hey put up the christmas lights around the town hall and fortunally I'm getting the habit of carrying my camera around. I wish I had my 35mm with me, though. I will come back there more more prepared!

by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

In these two photos II just waited until someone was passing through.

I like portraits, so I asked a group of girls if I could take their photo and they were happy to comply.
luzes de natal by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

This is really adorable, did they pose for this?

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly places and things, rarely people. I want something that's lighter than normal DSLRs and portable. Lens selection, not sure.

Just seen the 6100, is that the next iteration of the 6000?
A6100 has better AF than the 6000. It's good for a start, but I tend to not buy stuff that's "good for a start" granted we're at two very different phases of our photography journeys. I do this for work, which is the last thing I'd buy the A6000ish cameras for, granted there are plenty of people that use that body for work, just really depends on what lens you want to stick on it. None of the Sony kit lenses on APSC are really good though. For mirrorless crop sensor I'm a Fuji person granted I do a lot of my work these days using a Sony A7RII and RIII. Shop around, do research, find a store and try something in your hands and that's the most important part. Between something like an X-T2 and an A6000 the Fuji would win hands down for me every day of the week.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got my 100-400 w/ 1.4x TC and have been mucking around with whatever birds land in my backyard this afternoon.

qK4AOGh.png

yQXI3D8.jpg

I have no idea how people handhold this lens and shoot, even after 2-3 minutes my arm is killing me. I also read that people like to manually focus with this thing? Christ on a bike.

We've got a few wetlands around here so will be heading out to shoot once the weather clears up.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my 100-400 w/ 1.4x TC and have been mucking around with whatever birds land in my backyard this afternoon.

qK4AOGh.png

yQXI3D8.jpg

I have no idea how people handhold this lens and shoot, even after 2-3 minutes my arm is killing me. I also read that people like to manually focus with this thing? Christ on a bike.

We've got a few wetlands around here so will be heading out to shoot once the weather clears up.
You could you know...actually put the camera down when you're not taking pictures unless you actually need to have the thing pressed up against your face which is where monopods and tripods come in. It's my park lens, I've walked around with this thing for a least two hours a few times and it hasn't bothered me that much. Also the 100-400 isn't just a "bird" lens. I have photographed a lot of different things with that lens already. It's actually great for foliage and tight detail shots.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
You could you know...actually put the camera down when you're not taking pictures unless you actually need to have the thing pressed up against your face which is where monopods and tripods come in. It's my park lens, I've walked around with this thing for a least two hours a few times and it hasn't bothered me that much. Also the 100-400 isn't just a "bird" lens. I have photographed a lot of different things with that lens already. It's actually great for foliage and tight detail shots.

More than aware haha, just going to take time to get used to handling a lens this large. I bought it mainly for birding/wildlife/safari so want to get around using it for that, anything else will be cream.

Oct 25, 2017
More than aware haha, just going to take time to get used to handling a lens this large. I bought it mainly for birding/wildlife/safari so want to get around using it for that, anything else will be cream.
After having multiple 2.8 70-200's for years you get used to handling lenses from that size. The Sony 100-400 is a great lens, give it some time to get used to the weight and you'll be fine.

Fuser

Nov 4, 2019
Hi all! First post here, been watching the thread but only recently signed up. Just a test post to see if it works or not!

This is the Quiraing on Isle of Skye, Scotland. I'm from the South of England but try to get up to Scotland each year (since starting around 5 years ago), and it always blows my mind. Isle of Skye is a stunner and last month was my first trip in which I didn't get soaked every time I went outside

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all! First post here, been watching the thread but only recently signed up. Just a test post to see if it works or not!

This is the Quiraing on Isle of Skye, Scotland. I'm from the South of England but try to get up to Scotland each year (since starting around 5 years ago), and it always blows my mind. Isle of Skye is a stunner and last month was my first trip in which I didn't get soaked every time I went outside
There's some nice shots on your site.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California

lovely shot.

ekimneems

Oct 29, 2017
Really loving this Contax G1 35mm point & shoot. It def misses focus sometimes, and you have to check the distance to make sure it's focusing on what you think it is, but other than that the thing is so damn nice: well-made, great ergonomics, one of the sharpest lenses ever made in the Zeiss Planar 45/2, and most importantly it's just fun to shoot.

These are all from a roll of TriX, self developed+scanned.

Untitled by ekimneems, on Flickr

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
I'm really happy with my portraits and peoduct photography right now, but I want to get out of my confort zone and shoot some nice landscapes. Went out hiking today and gor some pictures.

One of the pictures I liked the most were of a couple that were there, though lol.

IMGL4832 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL4833 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL4845 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL4866 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL4883 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL4889 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL4901 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL4905 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Those Lego shots are great haha

does anyone else have the profound sense of wanting the ground to swallow them when doing street? I'm finding it a real challenge to take photos of people at the moment, especially in London. I'm getting more comfortable in Amsterdam where it's less busy but it is definitely preventing me from taking shots, or holding back on the ones I do take. I hate that feeling that I'm getting up in someone's business.

Oct 25, 2017
Those Lego shots are great haha

does anyone else have the profound sense of wanting the ground to swallow them when doing street? I'm finding it a real challenge to take photos of people at the moment, especially in London. I'm getting more comfortable in Amsterdam where it's less busy but it is definitely preventing me from taking shots, or holding back on the ones I do take. I hate that feeling that I'm getting up in someone's business.
This is a sign of you not doing it enough. Do it enough and you develop a natural sense of common sense regarding the whole thing. You also get better at sneaking your shots in.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
This is a sign of you not doing it enough. Do it enough and you develop a natural sense of common sense regarding the whole thing. You also get better at sneaking your shots in.
Very possibly. I'm out once or twice a week at the moment though. But that's just been the last couple months after a year long hiatus. How often do you guys find yourself having a session?

Oct 25, 2017
Very possibly. I'm out once or twice a week at the moment though. But that's just been the last couple months after a year long hiatus. How often do you guys find yourself having a session?
I shoot often, but I haven't done any street shooting in a bit. I'm kind of hitting a point where I'm trying to really diversify so have been doing more park related photography these days. Might do some street stuff next week depending on my time, it's been at least a month.