• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Wow, amazing photography in this thread, feel kind of humbled and I hope I can improve my own skills. I've just recently got back into it, and the weather has been really great so I'm trying to go out for some long walks with my camera.

49353396831_c95fcc8841_k.jpg

49352947898_cf983da517_k.jpg

49335465948_5bd5ddef42_k.jpg

49291270958_a0c11db09e_k.jpg

49353400471_3dbb49a54e_k.jpg

Those are great!

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Some more portraits. I'm going to shoot a lol event for this girl is organizing next week, so I invited her to take some photos today since I had nothing else to do. I'm hoping to get tons of interesting photos in the event, with cosplays and whatnot.

Vilma by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Some more portraits. I'm going to shoot a lol event for this girl is organizing next week, so I invited her to take some photos today since I had nothing else to do. I'm hoping to get tons of interesting photos in the event, with cosplays and whatnot.

What a vibrant model, loving those three photos in particular, they are stunning!

Good puppers, wow!

Oct 25, 2017

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Here's a recent composite I pulled off. It's a long exposure self portrait with light painting composed of two images (me painting the light in the trees as one frame and me standing pointing the flashlight on myself the other frame).

This was fun to shoot. Sprinted back and forth twenty or so times between the camera and in frame lighting to get it just right but it was worth it.

I didn't realize it at the time but it looks strange how the light source on me seems to come from nothing obvious. I was actually waving the flashlight all over my body, which ended up looking like some portal.

Technical setup: 30s/100iso/f2.8 @28mm Full Frame

Last edited:

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Interesting, I think it may work better against an old building or wall or something, with maybe a longer exposure time to actually show the backdrop. Cool though.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
Did a artwalk with the igers of my city and it was cool. I'll be uploading some more stuff.

Lil haiti photowalk by samsh!t, on Flickr

Oldly enough my favorite picture

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
What a vibrant model, loving those three photos in particular, they are stunning!

Yeah, it was amazing working with her, and thank you!

Some more photos of this saturday! It seems my yougnupo radio died during the event. I was using off-camera flash in the photos that were posed in front of the reserved photo place, my I had to chave it for using on-camera flash after a while. What a bummer!

IMGL0265-2 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0312 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0724 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0759 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0727 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0794 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0256 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0174 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Jumping by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0874 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yongnuo died you say? People wonder why I don't recommend that brand for heavy event use. I'm still on my first batch of Godox stuff all of which has to be at least over a year old and then some if you include the Nikon versions.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Yongnuo died you say? People wonder why I don't recommend that brand for heavy event use. I'm still on my first batch of Godox stuff all of which has to be at least over a year old and then some if you include the Nikon versions.

I've realized today it was just user error. I almost never change settings on the speedlite itself, just on the in-camera menu, and I had disabled the speedlite from triggering and completely forgot about it. After chnaged that setting, even the test button on the trigger wouldn't work even with it off-camera.

Oct 25, 2017
I've realized today it was just user error. I almost never change settings on the speedlite itself, just on the in-camera menu, and I had disabled the speedlite from triggering and completely forgot about it. After chnaged that setting, even the test button on the trigger wouldn't work even with it off-camera.
Did you put the flash back into TTL mode or something?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys! How you been? I haven't posted in this thread in ages, but I've still been lurking. Photos have been fantastic BTW! I haven't stopped shooting. Still rocking my T5i, and Nifty Fifty. I had to ship my camera to Canon in the States because the SD Card Reader stopped working, and there's like no camera shop in my country. It's costly and it will take time to ship back. I really hope I can upgrade my gear this year. That's what I'm working towards. I can't afford Full Frame glass as yet, but I do have it in my budget later this year to get a prosumer body, like the 90D, and possibly some more sharper lenses.

Pictures here are from a wedding I did for some friends of mine late last year.

IMG_8005 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_7960 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_7965 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_8208 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_8498 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_8345 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_8621 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_9999-2 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_0105 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_0083 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_0167 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys! How you been? I haven't posted in this thread in ages, but I've still been lurking. Photos have been fantastic BTW! I haven't stopped shooting. Still rocking my T5i, and Nifty Fifty. I had to ship my camera to Canon in the States because the SD Card Reader stopped working, and there's like no camera shop in my country. It's costly and it will take time to ship back. I really hope I can upgrade my gear this year. That's what I'm working towards. I can't afford Full Frame glass as yet, but I do have it in my budget later this year to get a prosumer body, like the 90D, and possibly some more sharper lenses.

Pictures here are from a wedding I did for some friends of mine late last year.

IMG_8005 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_7960 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_7965 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_8208 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_8498 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_8345 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_8621 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_9999-2 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_0105 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_0083 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
IMG_0167 by Kelston Jacobs, on Flickr
Did she bathe in bronzer or are these the "Canon colors" I keep hearing about? Compositionally they're fine and if I remember right this is an improvement from earlier stuff you've posted. Just try to tame the white balance a bit and you'll be fine.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Did she bathe in bronzer or are these the "Canon colors" I keep hearing about? Compositionally they're fine and if I remember right this is an improvement from earlier stuff you've posted. Just try to tame the white balance a bit and you'll be fine.
I assure you these are not the Canon colors lol. These are "Special Edits" that are typically duplicates (except for 2 of them) of the original picture.

Oct 25, 2017
I assure you these are not the Canon colors lol. These are "Special Edits" that are typically duplicates (except for 2 of them) of the original picture.
Ok. I'm just usually not a fan of "make them orange" edits. Sometimes I go overboard and I'm like "the hell was I thinking?" sometimes my light is just flat shit on the street so I take what I can get and try to edit around it.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ok. I'm just usually not a fan of "make them orange" edits. Sometimes I go overboard and I'm like "the hell was I thinking?" sometimes my light is just flat shit on the street so I take what I can get and try to edit around it.
Lol I can understand that. They look especially warmer on my phone as compared to my laptop screen too. But rest assured they also get the original picture hehe.

Oct 25, 2017
A6400 or A6500? I'm looking to upgrade from my A6000. Budget is kinda tight as I'm gonna travel soon and I'll be out of the country for a few months but I guess I can spend maybe the extra $100usd for the 6400.

Posted a thread here as well: https://www.resetera.com/threads/photography-people-sony-a6400-or-sony-a6500.166414/
Do you need the IBIS? If not 6400, which has the better AF system as well. Even the "flagship" 6600, isn't even that much better. It's just a 6400 with IBIS and the better battery.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Do you need the IBIS? If not 6400, which has the better AF system as well. Even the "flagship" 6600, isn't even that much better. It's just a 6400 with IBIS and the better battery.

I was thinking it would help. Looking at some of my videos I took on my A600 with the Sigma 30mm 2.8, it was pretty shaky so thought the IBIS will help. I also have a Rokinon 12mm 2.0 and that's not stabilized either

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking it would help. Looking at some of my videos I took on my A600 with the Sigma 30mm 2.8, it was pretty shaky so thought the IBIS will help. I also have a Rokinon 12mm 2.0 and that's not stabilized either
That's honestly gimbal territory, but at least with IBIS you would use the warp stabilizer in premiere and help it alleviates it.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
A couple more from the geek party last week.

Tomorrow I was supposed to shoot a gorgeous model that I was really looking forward to work with, but today is raining cats and dogs, so I don't know if tomorrow will be any different.

By the way, today a shot another children birthday party and at first I've tried to use my 24-105 (with a speedlite), but I didn't like it very much. I'll probably just keep using my 35 for this, and the 135 when I want some candids from far away.

IMGL0171 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0196 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

Oct 25, 2017
A couple more from the geek party last week.

Tomorrow I was supposed to shoot a gorgeous model that I was really looking forward to work with, but today is raining cats and dogs, so I don't know if tomorrow will be any different.

By the way, today a shot another children birthday party and at first I've tried to use my 24-105 (with a speedlite), but I didn't like it very much. I'll probably just keep using my 35 for this, and the 135 when I want some candids from far away.

IMGL0171 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr

IMGL0196 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr
If the light permits I will not hesitate to shoot an event with my 35 1.4 and 135 1.8. I only go 24-70 and a speedlite if I have to or for group shots.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
If the light permits I will not hesitate to shoot an event with my 35 1.4 and 135 1.8. I only go 24-70 and a speedlite if I have to or for group shots.

Yeah, and I wasn't even shooting wide open most of the time. They had a very nice and low white ceiling, so the speed lite was producing very beautiful images. Something like that monster called 28-70 f/2 would probably solve my problem, but I can't justify such lens yet.

By the way, I think I've never mentioned it here. Last year my friends encouraged me to try making some money from photography. So I created an Instagram account separated from my personal one and starded posting pictures I took from others. That was enough to get some jobs here and there. This year I've already shot 2 events and have another 2 confirmed. This is nice because it's only my 3rd source of income, besides my main job as a Java developer, and my second job as a teacher. If I get enough money to buy photography related stuff it's already a win for me! My strategy was to invite my pretty girl friends to take photos, and that somehow lead to people wanting photos in a completely different scenario.

The one thing I've learned is that people really love bokeh / out of focus backgrounds.

It's @rcfotografia_unai, if someone is care to follow.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally just snaps that turned out the way I hoped. Edited down from reams of trash.

3mRvp7B.jpg

Bridge to Punta Allen at the end of Quintana Roo.

3W7rvDN.jpg

Serpent stairs at Chicheniza.

zqKd0my.jpg

Don't call it a death cult! Chicheniza.

1VdlKJX.jpg

Good boys fo lief.

3x67QzJ.jpg

On her A game.

W5GRvIV.jpg

Breaking Bread - Valladolid.

QnBTnSm.jpg

NOLA Rolla

VqIzOPz.jpg

Bridgegate - Seattle

ry05meO.jpg

Desert Faux - Palm Desert

sVXv8ko.jpg

Gap Year - Yucatan

Last edited:

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions for a decent lightroom tutorial series? So far I've just been playing around, and although I've made some edits I like I'd like to get a better idea of the options available and some overall colour/light theory.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to post birds from this set:
AR307234 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307331 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307345 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307360 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307382 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307708 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307855 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307840 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307927 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307891 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR308009 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR308032 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR308029 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR308051 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
A lot of that is me hitting up the 100-400GM, a lens that I was never going to buy, bought for a very specific thing that never happened, went "fuck it I'm going to use this" and then ended up falling in love with. Some other shots are the 135 and 24-70.

It's definitely giving you some nice results! Very nice depth of field. I'll have to try using my 70-300mm for more than just far away objects.