• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
zXp8ZU2.jpg

Photography ERA is a place where ResistERA members can freely share their photography work and ask questions about anything photography related!

Photography ERA Flickr Group - Please message me for an invite! I'm making the group private only for reasons.

For camera equipment advice, please visit the CamERA Equipment Official Thread!

Last edited:

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, Cheddaz! I look forward to seeing everyone's awesome work and hopefully posting some shots of my own.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've been struggling to both feel inspired, and also just get out there to photograph stuff. I know the inspiration cannot come to me without getting out, but as I also suffer from a level of anxiety it can be tough at times. So I'm thinking maybe it would help, to both look through photos in here, and then maybe come up with ideas as to what subjects I should focus on every day. Maybe go for something yellow on Monday, different kind of bikes on Tuesday, leaves falling from trees on Wednesday etc.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Hey! Great to see a photography hangout already. I was Mr. Hyde but decided to use this name which is my handle on almost everything else. I will post my new portrait work soon and try to be more active.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought an A6500 last week. Hoping to post some photos here soon!

Nice choice! What lens(es) do you have with it? I feel tempted to create a Camera Equipment thread to discuss this kind of stuff, but I feel like a lot of key members haven't quite migrated yet and I'm a dunce when it comes to making Official Threads. I do want to talk with people about the A7r II that just got announced, though.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
I was just wandering this section hoping that the photography thread was back!

Here's a shot I took while wandering around an old hotel in upstate New York.

Bulb Angle by A.T., on Flickr

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
So whens the camera equipment thread going to open, I am like 5 months away from a Sony A9, I want people to convince me to not spend my money to upgrade from my OG A7 to an A7R3 T_T

thebullfrog

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I went out shooting today and came up empty. Nothing was grabbing me creatively at all.
Glad to see we have a photography hang-out here. I'll have to dig up some of my older stuff to put up here at some point so you can all ridicule me :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone's work.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see other people sharing this intrerest. I started another thread unaware that there already was one, so I'll just join you here :)

Here's an image of my cat Tage taken with an A7 + FE 90mm 2.8

RlIwrkk.jpg

OP
OP
Cheddahz

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the Dead Kennedys logo (aside from that, I love this photo. The symmetry is nice and I like the simple look of it)!

So whens the camera equipment thread going to open, I am like 5 months away from a Sony A9, I want people to convince me to not spend my money to upgrade from my OG A7 to an A7R3 T_T
I know that we discussed camera equipment in the Photography thread over on the other site, but if people would rather have a thread dedicated to camera equipment, someone can go ahead and start one up. For the time being, feel free to ask questions about equipment in here!

Oct 25, 2017
Need to move my stuff from 500px to Flickr.

Btw - i hope the A7rII will have a nice price drop with rIII announced.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Great shots so far.

I hope Im not derailing this thread, and if there actually is a separate thread for what Im asking then please link me to it.
But are there any good resources to learning how to take good professional photos?

PeetFeet

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Great shots so far.

I hope Im not derailing this thread, and if there actually is a separate thread for what Im asking then please link me to it.
But are there any good resources to learning how to take good professional photos?

I learned a lot watching YouTube videos, Matt granger has a good channel on there for example.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys! I'll be watching this thread. I've been thinking to finally follow my dreams as a photographer and web designer by having my own company with the two. I have a film degree and I use to do photography like 5 years ago. I am wondering what would be a good starter camera, it's between the Nikon D5500 or D7100, I will just get the body and separate better lens. Any suggestions?

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
Hey guys! I'll be watching this thread. I've been thinking to finally follow my dreams as a photographer and web designer by having my own company with the two. I have a film degree and I use to do photography like 5 years ago. I am wondering what would be a good starter camera, it's between the Nikon D5500 or D7100, I will just get the body and separate better lens. Any suggestions?
Can't go wrong with either really, they're both better at different things so just see which features matter to you. A good starter lens would be the 35mm DX Nikkor f/1.8G

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Nice to see all the posts on here! Good to see you on the new forum, Jaded. Flickr is being dead so I cannot post new work to show on here. I will check back later this evening. I'm thinking of making a blog for tutorials on lighting and maybe also touch on the anxiety of taking photos for people. Its' still difficult for me, especially now that I have people on both Instagram and my website contacting me for both paid work and collaborating. I am thinking the blog will help motivate myself, even if no one reads it.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
I got a d5600 recently and I love it, the 5500 shouldn't be too different. Go with a 35 or 50mm 1.8g lens!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the Dead Kennedys logo (aside from that, I love this photo. The symmetry is nice and I like the simple look of it)!

Haha never occurred to me that it looked like the Dead Kennedys logo. But yeah, I love heading off to the local campus, a lot of great symmetry when looking from the top down with all the buildings and sidewalks. I have a weird obsession with gazebos in parks too, half the fun I have flying around is finding cool shapes and snapping photos...

org_8361ad5edd8397c1_1497731233000 by Raymond Arbusto, on Flickr

Raytheon

Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all, old lurker from GAF. Hoping that the amazing shots in this thread will motivate me to dust off my XT-1 and go shoot soon!

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Lights Cosplay

Digital Resurrection

Sentinel

Here are a few of my newest portraits. I have a lot of editing to do, plus I need to figure out my daughter's one year photo which will be Halloween based since her birthday is October 30th. I also have a crazy conceptual photo that I'm going to attempt tomorrow night.

It feels good to be back shooting. I juggle a retail job, having a baby, and wanting to waste time gaming and reading. I am going to try to stay active in this thread to keep my motivation going.

Last edited:

aidan

Oct 25, 2017

This is really gorgeous.

I went through the same transition period after my daughter was born, and it changed the way I approach photography. A lot of my photos are family-oriented now, which I'm not interested in sharing online, so my contributions to these threads dropped off a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
I had the D7100 and liked it. I honestly prefer the two dial set up over what the 5500 series uses. Pretty much if you're doing something for work, it's probably best to not have one of the better built bodies. The shutter life is rated better, actual weather sealing and they feel better in the hand.

Lights Cosplay by Tony Frattle, on Flickr

Digital Resurrection by Tony Frattle, on Flickr

Sentinel by Tony Frattle, on Flickr

Here are a few of my newest portraits. I have a lot of editing to do, plus I need to figure out my daughter's one year photo which will be Halloween based since her birthday is October 30th. I also have a crazy conceptual photo that I'm going to attempt tomorrow night.

It feels good to be back shooting. I juggle a retail job, having a baby, and wanting to waste time gaming and reading. I am going to try to stay active in this thread to keep my motivation going.

These are great, especially the first one. Also congrats on the paid work.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I had the D7100 and liked it. I honestly prefer the two dial set up over what the 5500 series uses. Pretty much if you're doing something for work, it's probably best to not have one of the better built bodies. The shutter life is rated better, actual weather sealing and they feel better in the hand.
Ah thanks, so D7100 is the go to for now?

The 35 will be a good focal length for street photography, for landscapes you might want something a bit wider
Ok I'll check those lens out. I was actually debating to get Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX zoom for my starter lens. They are good in low-light as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks, so D7100 is the go to for now?

Ok I'll check those lens out. I was actually debating to get Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX zoom for my starter lens. They are good in low-light as well.
I have covered parades with the D7100, with an extra battery in the vertical grip it will last all day if not two. That Sigma zoom has god awful AF though. I used to have it and holy shit that thing couldn't nail focus wide open. I've been lucky and got some good shots with it, but I would not call it a work horse lens. If you can find the Nikon 17-55 2.8 at a price that doesn't decimate your pockets then get it.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Good to see this community made the jump. I'll post a few recent pictures when I'm on my laptop later.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey y'all.
Lurked Photography GAF, but never participated. I'll join up here and try to post some work now and then.
I'm currently doing a study in photography at the University of Applied Photography in The Netherlands. Hopefully graduating in December. I'm part stay at home dad, part time working in a bookstore and maybe after graduating doing a bit of photography on the side.