• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
So there are some photos of the filming of the Sonic movie that show how Sonic will represented during the live-action filming.

james-marsden-tika-sumpter-sonic-the-hedgehog-set-23.jpg

http://www.justjared.com/2018/08/07...mpter-film-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-together/

In addition to the above contraption it seems a green suit is also being utilized.

sonic-movie1.jpg

sonic-movie12-2.jpg

sonic-movie10-2.jpg

sonic-movie13-2.jpg

http://www.hollywoodnorth.buzz/2018...artz-james-marsden-in-downtown-vancouver.html

How are his legs long enough to reach the pedals? Is he Sonic Boom Sonic?

latest

Couldn't even have the SUV be blue. I say San Francisco because of the California license plate and the film synopsis.

I am so happy this is being made.

sonic-slate-2-e.jpg

Sorry if this thread seems extraneous. But it's Sunday and I felt I needed to share this.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
This movie is going to be so weird.

Edit: It took me a minute to realize there's a weird little thing on the ground for actors to look at for Sonic, not that Sonic would be transforming between James Marsden and his traditional CG self... which really threw me for a loop.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
The guy from West World is in this along with Jim Carrey? This is going to be amazing. Now I need a chili dog.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Only chance this is any good if it's the most self-aware and self-depreciating comedy ever made.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I never thought Hollywood would ever be able to make a video game movie as weird as Super Mario Bros, but I may be proven wrong shortly.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good tie in with the racing game. Smart move Sega

(This might actually hit a Super Mario Bros level of absurdity)

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
And to think, a hedgehog driving an SUV will likely be one of the less ridiculous things in this movie.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously they are aiming for schlock humor but that is one hard as fuck feat to accomplish.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Jim Carrey was recently asked how he plans to portray Dr. Eggman in the movie.

When asked about how Carrey will recreate Dr. Robotnik, the actor and comedian shouted his solution to the TCA crowd.

"Magic!" Carrey shouted. "Mixed with desperation."

im not ready for this

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Every time I see more of this movie, I feel like I'm back in 1992, and not in a good way

Why was making something like this so hard?:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The logo with the original one looks pretty cool.

However, Sonic in a car? Please no.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder if the Sonic fanbase is big enough to make this movie a success? Like, it's big enough to make the games successful, but does that also apply to movies as well?

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Sonic is blasting this music in his SUV, while he's cruising around in SF, with the windows down, and he's wearing shades.