• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
EDIT: Only Game Mania in Netherlands confirmed so far. Some people have received texts from GAME in the UK to pick up tomorrow as well.

Users are reporting getting texts showing their pickups will be ready tomorrow in the UK at GAME instead of Friday and an official announcement from a retailer Game Mania in the Netherlands. They're both set to be closed on Friday due to the virus. Two whole days early! Wondering if other retailers will follow suit?

www.gamemania.nl

Update - Releasedatum Animal Crossing: New Horizons & DOOM Eternal

Belangrijke informatie over de release
dr6ijoapa9n41.jpg

n8hda387e9n41.jpg

Malfious

Oct 27, 2017
Damn it why did I buy digitally.

They should release digital too, don't see why not, give people some sence of fun during the 'chaos'

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Dutch/Belgian retailer Game Mania starts selling Animal Crossing and DOOM two days early

More at the link: https://www.gamemania.nl/Articles/update-releasedatum-animal-crossing-new-horizons-en-doom-eternal Due to the coronavirus their stores will close from Thursday the 19th forward. Because of this they will sell both games two days ahead of their releasedate, starting on...

Hopefully they'll press the button over here in the States, at least for digital.
I'm hoping digital versions get moved forward as well

GameMania is doing this as they will not be open for the release of these games, so for people that have already pre-ordered the title, they can pick it up early which is better than not receiving their physical copies at all.

Digital has no reason to be moved ahead as much as I'd like, and US retailers such as GameStop, Best Buy, and Walmart are still very much staying open.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA

suaveric

Nov 9, 2017
If it's already making its way to stores, why wait until Friday? Might as well sell/ship now while things are still running. Digitally too of course.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Cmon nintendo, do the right thing. Release it digitally. Youre gonna create a scenario where retail releases early, causes people to go out in public (which are advised to be cautious of) just to get the game early.

Releasing it digitally would stop that as people would likely just buy it directly from them and not leave their homes.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Nintendo, we're going to need you to do your civic duty and release Animal Crossing. It's for the greater good.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if I could walk into GAME tomorrow and get both or if it's only for preorders. Although physically going to a store sort of defeats the whole point.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge AC fan but this whole wishing and pleading for it to be released early always gets a chuckle out of me. It reminds me of children hanging around the radio waiting to see if the snow day means school's canceled.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
At that point you may as well unlock the digital copies too.... Give people more reasons to stay at home, lol.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I wonder if they'll push up deliveries. My pre-order of the special edition console is still due for Saturday (which is already late) but I can see it getting delayed.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just release the game digitally and let retailers sell it now. Most stores will be shut down by Friday at this rate.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon has now ceased non-essential shipments to its warehouses until April 5th.

If Animal crossing isn't at the warehouse near you, chances are you're not getting it if you ordered from them, by the sounds of it.