• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
A question, does the recent Tetris 99 release have a cartridge with the game? Always assumed it was a download code...
Yes

image0.jpg

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
II think there might be hope for FF9 after this release.
I do hope that's not the final cover... Could be better. Dragon Quest collection is also the same style but its cuter because of the art.

The Link's Awakening collector's edition is good, loving the art book and the awesome steelbook.

A question, does the recent Tetris 99 release have a cartridge with the game? Always assumed it was a download code...
There is a cart inside.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
It looks like it is coming a physical release Overcooked! + Overcooked! 2 for Switch / PS4 / XBO, according to french retailer.
Link

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
It looks like it is coming a physical release Overcooked! + Overcooked! 2 for Switch / PS4 / XBO, according to french retailer.
Link

There's already a physical release for the games separated but it's nice to see a bundle, kind of overpriced the 2 games solo releases. Same think happened with Siberia 1+2.

Oct 30, 2017
I'll see if I can order River City Girls and Blazing Chrome tomorrow. Limited Run Games is cool, but their international shipping kills me if I can't combine items.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
I've been salivating at the prospect of playing Blazing Chrome. Glad that it is finally getting a physical release.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Following that Mindseize kickstarter I ended up in another publisher - First Press Games

They have A Hole New World, Shadow Bug and Castle Heart for pre-order for now. Never heard of them (or the games)

Strictly Limited Games will release Door Kickers: Action Squad in 2 days..

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
This site helps out in getting all the information about limited releases

Limited Game News

We will keep you posted.

That got to yet another publisher that handles indie releases

Looking at Old Man's Journey and Splasher

The amount of all around physical releases for the Switch is staggering, never knew. Good to see a lot of indie getting the chance but terrible for collectors. Guess business must be good even for small ones.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Just played through Old Man's Journey this morning. That was lovely, will have to pick up a copy for sure.

Is Stay horror adjacent?

Don't know much about it. reviews seem decent and seems different with a real-time component.

Speaking of Red Art Games, Videogameplus is also selling their games, might be better for some because of the localization.
VGP is also selling play-asia exclusives.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Not quite physical, but did anyone realize that Best Buy also has a version of Katamari? It's a digital copy but it comes with a physical plush. When did this come out? I just happened to stumble upon it today while picking up something.

9999300000000441_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Saw it last week when picking up my copy of Link's Awakening. Posted it in the Katamari Damacy Reroll thread but I'm guessing nobody noticed.

It's a pretty good deal since FanGamer sells the plush for $36 separately.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Don't know much about it. reviews seem decent and seems different with a real-time component.

Speaking of Red Art Games, Videogameplus is also selling their games, might be better for some because of the localization.
VGP is also selling play-asia exclusives.

They are selling them, but the games seems to be exactly the same as the ones sold by Red Art ("These games are published in France, front and back of box will contain french. Games play in english"):

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ghostbusters actually a good game?

It's a solid game although the gameplay may feel a bit dated by today's standards. There's some issue of a difficulty spike in a few spots of the later levels but if you're a fan of Ghostbusters, it's an absolute must play. It's considered the third movie that we never got.

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017
I know this thread is more of an ongoing, fluid thing, but is there any centralised resource for region exclusive physical prints?

I am in the UK and generally keep up well with games from limited publishers - region exclusive is much harder though. I have a friend travelling to the US soon and I wanted to give them a list of games to look out for. No idea what they should be looking for though!

Any help appreciated!

TL;DR - looking for a list of US exclusive physical Switch games.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
TL;DR - looking for a list of US exclusive physical Switch games.

I looked into it but can't seem to find a good extensive list. There's the Capcom games that don't release in Europe but I'm sure a lot of others.

Superrare games pre-order for Evoland is up. Stock is almost over

Wandersong is going to be on pre-order on LRG in a couple of hours

Last day for Ms. Explosion Man

Trine is out but I don't think there's a physical edition for Trine 1-3 only a collection of Trine 4 + download code for Trine 1-3

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit on that GOTG preorder. There's one I'd thought we'd never see on switch.

Two questions for the collectors out there?

1. Is game.co.uk the lowest advertised price for Luigi's Mansion 3 with the Steelbook? Also, shipping to the States is a must.

2. Definitely LTTP, but does anyone know where I can get my hands on the Final Fantasy X/X2 Pack with both games on the cart? (Those are the Bandai Namco ones, right?)

I know there's a Chinese version
images

And a Southeast Asian version:
ASIA-ENGLISH-VERSION-Nintendo-Switch-Final-Fantasy-X-X-2.jpg

Preferably, I'd like the latter, but either way, is there a store out there that hasn't scalped the living hell out of these things? (Glares at )

Thanks!