• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit on that GOTG preorder. There's one I'd thought we'd never see on switch.

Two questions for the collectors out there?

1. Is game.co.uk the lowest advertised price for Luigi's Mansion 3 with the Steelbook? Also, shipping to the States is a must.

2. Definitely LTTP, but does anyone know where I can get my hands on the Final Fantasy X/X2 Pack with both games on the cart? (Those are the Bandai Namco ones, right?)

I know there's a Chinese version
images

And a Southeast Asian version:
ASIA-ENGLISH-VERSION-Nintendo-Switch-Final-Fantasy-X-X-2.jpg

Preferably, I'd like the latter, but either way, is there a store out there that hasn't scalped the living hell out of these things? (Glares at )

Thanks!
Play-Asia has the Japanese version in stock and they claim it has both games in the cartridge:

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
I don't see Doraemon on amazon, GS or BB. Is it Namco store exclusive?

I got it on local store here so at least in Europe doesn't seem to be Namco store exclusive.

2. Definitely LTTP, but does anyone know where I can get my hands on the Final Fantasy X/X2 Pack with both games on the cart? (Those are the Bandai Namco ones, right?)

Preferably, I'd like the latter, but either way, is there a store out there that hasn't scalped the living hell out of these things? (Glares at )

Thanks!

Think play-asia still has it. Is it cheaper there?

Olimar

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I searched the thread and didn't find anything... but does anyone know if there is any word on Hyper Light Drifter getting a physical version for Switch?

I am also looking for Ikaruga physically, but am torn on whether or not I should give Nicalis my money.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Is there are physical release of Resident Evil Remake for Nintendo Switch? The Origins collection only has a download code for the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Collector-ERA, it's that time again!

Play-Asia has finally received more of the Asian dual pack of Final Fantasy X/X2 for Switch, where both games are on cart (and the cover art is in English, unlike the Chinese/Japanese versions). This is their first restock since April, when the game was released.

It has been going in and out of stock all night, so keep checking. They just shipped mine, so it's not a fluke. Be warned, resellers have been selling this version for $80+. Use the code MYPSVITA for 5% off.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
No drectly related to the thread but just wondering how most people keep the Switch collection organized? By alphabetical order? By publisher?
Was trying to organize things over the weekend and ended putting by publisher but there are a lot of solo publisher releases.

Was surprised to see how many Ubisoft games there are already. Also Capcom (but too many download codes...) and Square. On the indie publishers LRG has already a stacked collection.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
It kind of made sense (and looked good) to have the spine cover with the publisher name together but it can made it harder to look for a specific game if you don't know the publisher...

I ended up looking at games that I was missing from specific publishers, seems like NISA and Nicalis games are the ones that might be harder/more expensive to get. Not counting very limited indie releases.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alphabetically, in that in order of release (so Majora's Mask is placed after Ocarina of Time for example). And European/American/Japanese are placed separately from one another. Mostly because of how the spine is. Europe has it centred and the other two have it on the top/left of the spine. Putting that through each other would drive me insane.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Collector-ERA, it's that time again!

Play-Asia has finally received more of the Asian dual pack of Final Fantasy X/X2 for Switch, where both games are on cart (and the cover art is in English, unlike the Chinese/Japanese versions). This is their first restock since April, when the game was released.

It has been going in and out of stock all night, so keep checking. They just shipped mine, so it's not a fluke. Be warned, resellers have been selling this version for $80+. Use the code MYPSVITA for 5% off.
Does the Japanese version have a English option as wel?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for my physical preorders of luminous avenger and also sayonara wild hearts. Both are awesome and I wanted to get a physical copy to enjoy.

No clue when they'll ship.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Still waiting for my physical preorders of luminous avenger and also sayonara wild hearts. Both are awesome and I wanted to get a physical copy to enjoy.

No clue when they'll ship.
They tell you. iam8bit opens these up about 6-9 months in advance of shipping. You won't get SWH before April at the earleist, for example. Look at the product page again.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
On a good note Celeste shipped finally, should be arrriving soon.

But even more surprising is that it seems that Skullgirls finally had some news from Skybound after months of nothing and I think it might be happening.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
No drectly related to the thread but just wondering how most people keep the Switch collection organized? By alphabetical order? By publisher?
Was trying to organize things over the weekend and ended putting by publisher but there are a lot of solo publisher releases.

Was surprised to see how many Ubisoft games there are already. Also Capcom (but too many download codes...) and Square. On the indie publishers LRG has already a stacked collection.

I organize my collection by release date. I like to see the story of how the console's library evolves.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Okay so do you go by original release date of the game or the usually ultra-delayed retail release of non-big pub games? :)

This only became an issue for me this generation! I go by original release date, as that's when most people consider it as having been added to that console's library, and when the game was the most talked about. Plus, it's harder to track when games released physically, especially if it was a limited run and there was no fixed release date, whereas the original release date is easily found on Wikipedia.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
This only became an issue for me this generation! I go by original release date, as that's when most people consider it as having been added to that console's library, and when the game was the most talked about. Plus, it's harder to track when games released physically, especially if it was a limited run and there was no fixed release date, whereas the original release date is easily found on Wikipedia.
For LRG and similar stores, you should be able to look up the shipping months for their past games still. That's their release date. They simply don't have a release "day" but a release month. For example, Celeste on Switch came out physically in "October 2019" since they've started shipping copies over the last two weeks. Transistor for Switch came out in "September" since they started shipping copies late September. Unfortunately people falsely enter pre-order dates as release dates into wikis and that's annoying af.

slashf

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone pickup River city from Limited Run? I cant, i think i am gonna to pick up the asian version

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Battle Princess Madelyn is up for pre-order on LRG. Already picked up the asian version, not sure if there is any difference (besides the covers).

My friend Pedro pre-orders going up at Oct 29th at Special Reserve Ganes

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Battle Princess Madelyn is up for pre-order on LRG. Already picked up the asian version, not sure if there is any difference (besides the covers).
It's a different game. Right now, the "Royal Edition" is Switch exclusive and it's supposed to be closer to the developer's original vision of the game.
This link explains it in detail:
limitedrungames.com

Battle Princess Madelyn gets a Limited Run for the PS4 & Switch!

Battle Princess Madelyn gets a Limited Run for the PS4 and a two-week open pre-order for the Switch this Friday, October 25!

"So in short, Royal Edition is a directors cut of arcade mode. It's a few levels longer and much more diverse than the original game's arcade mode with many changes to the play style. 10 Levels of Action 11 bosses to fight including 3 of them being completely new."

It doesn't have Story mode and it plays in 4:3 ratio with borders instead of 16:9 widescreen.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Thanks! Was not going to get it but now I'm unsure... :|

Strictly Limited games will have Bubble Bobble up for pre-order in 2 days. Also a Collector's Edition

But don't think it's exclusive since it will also be available on amazon by ININ games (europe at least). Also a Special Edition available

SLG cover at least looks better

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
That new Bubble Bobble game doesn't look that great to me, but I'm tempted by the Collector's Edition. It looks like it's a Super Deluxe version of the original arcade game (which is included on the card), something I've wanted to see more of with classic games. I just hope that book is mostly geared towards the classic games.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Do any retail stores stock Special Reserve Games? I'm looking for Gris and The Messenger.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
LRG has Stranger Things 3: The Game for pre-order and are distributing a Collector's Edition of Jumanji.

Super Rare Games next release is Steamworld Quest. Pretty awesome release. Pre-orders on Nov 7th

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Ah crud I guess there goes the chance of a widespread Switch release like with Steamworld Dig 2.