• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I have a sealed copy of Has Been Heroes that I got for 5 or 10 bucks, didn't know it was out of print :o
It likely isn't since Gamestop managed that one, but it's one to keep an eye on since it's exclusive to their store entirely. That list was mostly just listing games you can only get at that site.
Amazon third-party sellers have the game going for around $10, so it's not like it's expensive or anything. I wouldn't worry about that game becoming rare yet.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
goldenpp73

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Wasnt aware of Roller Coaster Tycoon releasing. Unfortunately I don't live near any Targets so guess that's one that I will miss out on unless it gets a reprint.

Nice thread though. Will definitely watch and contribute when I can. Was already aware of most of these, but didn't realize anyone else was interested in most of these titles.

Might be worth asking a person here if they'd do a nice deed and pick it up. My local store only had the one we found but I'm sure some are out there.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Might be worth asking a person here if they'd do a nice deed and pick it up. My local store only had the one we found but I'm sure some are out there.

Yea, it would be nice if we all could help each other out with finding some of these harder ones. Would definitely be interested if someone finds an extra copy of some of the harder to find ones, specifically Bendy and the Ink Machine and Roller Coaster Tycoon feel free to message me.

While living in then middle of nowhere means I don't have certain stores, it also means there aren't nearly as many scalpers or collectors searching some of these titles out for themselves.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Check the GameStop product locator, as well. GS appears to have gotten about 1 per store.

I did check the Store locator and found nothing at all in several regions. I'd actually be surprised if each store got 1. I can still find a store hear and there with both Bendy and the Ink Machine and Katamari Damacy but absolutely zero Roller Coaster Tycoons in several regions I checked where I have family and friends that could pick it up.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did check the Store locator and found nothing at all in several regions. I'd actually be surprised if each store got 1. I can still find a store hear and there with both Bendy and the Ink Machine and Katamari Damacy but absolutely zero Roller Coaster Tycoons in several regions I checked where I have family and friends that could pick it up.

My "area" had 3 last Friday (within 100 miles) and when I had my local GS call to try and get it shipped to my store, those stores said the copies were on hold. So it sounds like once word got out, the scalpers went from store to store.

But yeah, you're right, a lot of stores might not have gotten a single copy to begin with.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Best Buy gonna be releasing Super Meat Boy through Limited Run Games:

In a Twitter reply, looks like LRG said that it'll also come to their website at a later date.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Have they mentioned a print run for Best Buy?

At this point, with open preorders and Best Buy getting a significantly amount, I'm not sure these LRG's are nearly as limited as some of the others mentioned in this thread like Katamari, Bendy, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc... They still are in the grand scheme of things, but not what they once were. Still happy to have an option to win some of these physically.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
I believe LRG announced Iconoclasts for Switch. Pre-orders go live later this month iirc.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Why's Paw Patrol going for above retail on eBay?

I noticed it was sold out in a lot of stores during the holidays. I've since noticed a couple stores received a restock. Guessing it exceeded demand during holidays, but not sure. Definitely did notice though so maybe others can report if they've seen restocks.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone's selling multiple copies of Rollercoaster Tycoon for retail on eBay right now. It's a US seller so I'm assuming it's the US version.

Edit: And, they're gone.

Last edited:

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Does Shantae Half Genie Hero standard and limited edition count as at risk of being nowhere for a reasonable price?

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a good place to mention that Stardew Valley appears to be getting a physical release on January 31st -

https:///japan-stardew-valley-collectors-edition-to-launch-31st-january-2019/

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Atari published games confirmed to be out of print now and they won't make more? Seems kind of odd.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a good place to mention that Stardew Valley appears to be getting a physical release on January 31st -

https:///japan-stardew-valley-collectors-edition-to-launch-31st-january-2019/

One of the reasons I love my Switch and love collecting for it is all the Physical Editions of most of the great indie titles.

Hopefully it gets an official release in the West at some point.

Are the Atari published games confirmed to be out of print now and they won't make more? Seems kind of odd.

Unfortunately we don't know. Not sure there is anyway we could say definitively. Personally, I would avoid paying over MSRP, especially this quick after they went out of stock and how we've seen GameStop get involved in these situations.

Last edited:

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
One of the reasons I love my Switch and love collecting for it is all the Physical Editions of most of the great indie titles.

Unfortunately we don't know. Not sure there is anyway we could say definitively. Personally, I would avoid paying over MSRP, especially this quick after they went out of stock and how we've seen GameStop get involved in these situations.

Well you might be happy about stardew very soon

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, gotcha, that makes sense. I just picked up a copy of each at my local Target, they were the last one of each. Don't even care for the games themselves but I kind of like having rare stuff. Will see what happens.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, gotcha, that makes sense. I just picked up a copy of each at my local Target, they were the last one of each. Don't even care for the games themselves but I kind of like having rare stuff. Will see what happens.

Nice! Yea, if you see them for MSRP I'd grab them if you are a Collector. Always a chance they get reprinted but worth it when they are already going for well over MSRP.

If you happen to come across another Roller Coaster Tycoon feel free shoot me a PM. I still need that one myself and can't seem to find it. Really strange the print runs were so small.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
Hmm, I believe we have a little bit of crossover with several Reset threads that are already dedicated to limited /niche physical prints. Although they might not be focused exclusively on the Switch, I know Dancrane212 has a general discussion for the topic and I help operate the thread for Limited Run Games in the 'hangout' section. We even have a Discord server devoted entirely to small game prints with bot notifications for release dates when applicable. Invite hidden through 'reply.' Just thought I'd share!

[Hidden content]

Thank you for mentioning this!

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea Bendy existed until recently. I'll probably just have to wait for an eBay coupon to not feel shitty about overpaying.

OP
OP
goldenpp73

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Does Shantae Half Genie Hero standard and limited edition count as at risk of being nowhere for a reasonable price?

It's not too hard to find right now so it seems like they certainly printed enough for normal demand. Anything can happen though, as this game is worth over 1000 bucks in good shape/complete these days :P

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shantae-Ga...vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

I bought mine for 300 bucks a long time ago, grateful now.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Had no idea about binding of Isaac.

It's weirdfr m. I like physical copies but I'm leaning more towards digital just so I don't have as much shit lying around. But then I see stuff like gold story and it would be cool to have a physical copy. But again, I'm getting tired of having so much shit lying around. It's a conundrum.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea Bendy existed until recently. I'll probably just have to wait for an eBay coupon to not feel shitty about overpaying.

That's the other one I need and I was actually aware of it. Someone got my local copy and then I drove 45 minutes to the next closed GameStop that showed it in stock and they couldn't find it even with the case on the shelf and the game in the computer :(

I'll keep my eye out for a used copy and maybe get lucky. They could also end up reprinting it.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
The shrinkwrap has a sticker on it that says Wonderful extras inside.

Interesting. Mine has this on the front, does this mean I have the first print run version?

E9E4PLL.jpg

Doesn't mention a key chain or sound track so I'm not sure. I did buy it on launch day so I'd be kinda pissed if I missed out. Thanks for the reply and help.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Mine has this on the front, does this mean I have the first print run version?

E9E4PLL.jpg

Doesn't mention a key chain or sound track so I'm not sure. I did buy it on launch day so I'd be kinda pissed if I missed out. Thanks for the reply and help.

I may be mistaken, but I thought they were referring to Wonderboy, not Monster Boy. That's what my first print copy of Monster boy looks like btw.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I may be mistaken, but I thought they were referring to Wonderboy, not Monster Boy. That's what my first print copy of Monster boy looks like btw.

Oh shit I may have read that wrong then lol. I thought it was about Monster Boy. I hope I'm wrong then because that means I didn't miss out :-)

Edit: yup you're right and I am dumb. Happy to be so this time lol. Thank you for pointing that out!

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I surprisingly stumbled up on an Atari Collection and Roller Coaster Tycoon today at Target. Both were the last copies but it was a pleasant surprise. Now all I need is a copy of Katamari. I really hope GS reprints those. I didn't think it would sell out so quickly.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Went pretty far out of my way for a copy of Katamri, nice to have one in hand. If it gets reprinted or ported to other consoles then that's splendid, but I enjoyed my little adventure to get this and can now rest.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I don't like the fact that we are even living in an era where a lot of games only have a limited print run. Many games which would have been successful given wide release.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the fact that we are even living in an era where a lot of games only have a limited print run. Many games which would have been successful given wide release.

With digital and indie games we are kinda lucky that some of these games are getting a Physical release. Just a few years ago it was pretty rare for any indie games to get Physical releases.

I agree it can be somewhat frustrating, but at least it's improved and will hopefully continue to improve.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
With digital and indie games we are kinda lucky that some of these games are getting a Physical release. Just a few years ago it was pretty rare for any indie games to get Physical releases.

I agree it can be somewhat frustrating, but at least it's improved and will hopefully continue to improve.

It's just frustrating because many of these types of games would have easily released on a console like the PlayStation or Playstation 2 with no issue. The market today just kinda sucks for fans of video games that aren't shooters or open worlds. The focus is on AAA all the time.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
nice OP! glad i grabbed Katamari reroll, even if it feels like it had slight issues. adore that series.

fuck i wish Night in the Woods would get a LRG release