• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Nice thread!
I do enjoy collecting physical Switch games. Got all the LRG normal editions. Katamari I have it ordered from play-asia but still waitin for stock. Got stuff like the Toki's collector edition, Flashback, Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition, Coma:Recut and others mostly at amazon.co.uk.

What about the releases from Super Rare Games? Never got one and most seem to be sold out. Not sure if they'll be available again.
https://superraregames.com/collections/switch-games

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
So I'm not familiar with Signature Edition games, will Aragami be available at regular retail, or is it something I should pre-order from them? It appears some of their other releases are available at retail.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I had no idea Bayo 1 had a physical release. That price... :(

Yup, and the scalpers descended on it like a plague of Locusts. Preorders sold VERY fast and the Climax Edition only got 1 print run. I was not happy to hear that. I was profoundly disappointed NoA didn't do a physical release of the two games on Switch like they did on WiiU in the west.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, and the scalpers descended on it like a plague of Locusts. Preorders sold VERY fast and the Climax Edition only got 1 print run. I was not happy to hear that. I was profoundly disappointed NoA didn't do a physical release of the two games on Switch like they did on WiiU in the west.

Yea, it sold out quick and was going for $200+ immediately and $300+ not much longer.

I was lucky enough to grab the Climax Edition. It and the Zelda BoTW Master Edition are probably the cornerstones of my Switch collection.

Nice thread, I definitely fall in the Physical Edition camp, when available.

A few other publishers worth noting are:

https://superraregames.com/

https://signatureeditiongames.com/

https://specialreservegames.com/

I've held off buying The Messenger, but the good news is that specialreservegames.com will be bring it physically this year!

The Messenger is the first Switch game from specialreserve games, right? I'm not interested in the others as much since they are not NTSC releases. I do collect some non NTSC region games, but I've decided to limit them since there are already so many great games on the Switch, as well as all the other systems I collect for.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
This thread is relevant to me. I do not like to support LRG releases but I've got a number of those other low/limited print run games just because I've been legitimately interested in the games and like physical copies. The big one the OP is missing is Penguin Wars. The release itself was a drawn out clusterfuck plus there was a launch edition only available on the tiny publisher's website. There was a recent restock well after release which is when I finally got my copy.

I'm pretty miffed about missing out on Katamari though. It's one of my favorite games ever and I planned on getting it soon but now it's scarce.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is relevant to me. I do not like to support LRG releases but I've got a number of those other low/limited print run games just because I've been legitimately interested in the games and like physical copies. The big one the OP is missing is Penguin Wars. The release itself was a drawn out clusterfuck plus there was a launch edition only available on the tiny publisher's website. There was a recent restock well after release which is when I finally got my copy.

I'm pretty miffed about missing out on Katamari though. It's one of my favorite games ever and I planned on getting it soon but now it's scarce.

I noticed Penguin Wars was a weird one and been monitoring it. Wasn't ready to say it's rare just yet but it definitely seems to be on its way unless something changes. It's currently still available at Amazon and Best Buy if anyone wants to pick up a copy. Not sure if other locations have it or not.

Edit: also, these kind of tips are really helpful to make sure we grab games before they are pricey like Bendy, Katamari, Roller Coaster tycoon, etc... If people notice games are starting to get hard to find please share with everyone.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
What's the best place to get Monster boy and the Cursed Kingdom shipped to Europe? Don't think it got released here.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Thanks. Just ordered it. Didn't know import and shipping fees have become much cheaper since last time I tried ordering from amazon.com.

Yeah, beyond being a physical buyer, the Monster Boy retail edition is really worth it. As in the game everything has been taken care of.

I reckon it will be eventually get published. I'm holding out on a hope myself.

Sorry, but even with the game success I would be deleting that though from my head if I was you. Check this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mo...-4-previews-round-up-thread.3330/post-7828164

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a useful thread! My gf and I have talked of getting Atari Flashback and I'd no clue it had a small print run but was able to grab a copy. And I'd not heard of Penguin Wars but it seems pretty neat so I grabbed it just now too.

Technika

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
The Messenger is the first Switch game from specialreserve games, right? I'm not interested in the others as much since they are not NTSC releases. I do collect some non NTSC region games, but I've decided to limit them since there are already so many great games on the Switch, as well as all the other systems I collect for.

The beauty of the Switch is that the console is region free and plays games from all regions, however I think you already know that.
But I know what you mean, you want to remain as consistent as possible with your collection and that they are from your region of choice.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The beauty of the Switch is that the console is region free and plays games from all regions, however I think you already know that.
But I know what you mean, you want to remain as consistent as possible with your collection and that they are from your region of choice.

Yea, it's nice for when I want a game physically and have no other option. I own 3-4 games from other regions I believe. If possible though I prefer NTSC copies since that's what the majority are and with so many games coming that I want I'm honestly more likely to hold off on a game I'm on the fence about if it doesn't get an NTSC release. Still glad we have the option though, no doubt.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
I found a roller coaster tycoon at a target nearby. Picked it up, but couldn't find an Atari Flashback.

OP
OP
goldenpp73

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

I hadn't heard of this one but I notice it's on Best Buy right now. Is there any reason to believe it will be hard to come by? Or do you just mean a variant of it?

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I should be able to pick up quite a few Atari Flashbacks. I could get them to anyone that wants one (1) for $45 shipped, PayPal F&F (think I will make about a $1 ea). If interested, shoot me a message. I dont know how long they will be available, but there were at least 12.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how true it is because I don't have any
Looks like I should be able to pick up quite a few Atari Flashbacks. I could get them to anyone that wants one (1) for $45 shipped, PayPal F&F (think I will make about a $1 ea). If interested, shoot me a message. I dont know how long they will be available, but there were at least 12.

I was able to get one but just wanted to say this is really cool of you. Hopefully we can help each other like this.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question for this thread. I'm sure it's mostly up to preference but wanted to get other Collectors thoughts...

With Best Buy getting copies of some LRG releases, but having a different cover how does that affect your purchasing decisions? I know some will probably say they are going with LRG because the Limited Cover Art, but to be honest we don't know which release is more limited. With GCU and free shipping it makes the Best Buy versions much more enticing as that probably equates to $10 a game, depending on the sale prices.

What's others thoughts on this and which are you planning to go with?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Nice thread!
I do enjoy collecting physical Switch games. Got all the LRG normal editions. Katamari I have it ordered from play-asia but still waitin for stock. Got stuff like the Toki's collector edition, Flashback, Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition, Coma:Recut and others mostly at amazon.co.uk.

What about the releases from Super Rare Games? Never got one and most seem to be sold out. Not sure if they'll be available again.
https://superraregames.com/collections/switch-games

I got N++ from them. Their releases have the PEGI seal instead of ESRB because they are from the UK, I think. It came with a small manual and 3 random trading cards. It was fine, nothing too fancy.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
I got N++ from them. Their releases have the PEGI seal instead of ESRB because they are from the UK, I think. It came with a small manual and 3 random trading cards. It was fine, nothing too fancy.

Ordered N++ and The Adventure Pals (only ones available).

Releases are:

Human: Fall Flat
The Flame and the Switch
Shelter Generations
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Mutant Mudds Collection (waiting list)
Worms: WMD (waiting list)
Snake Pass (waiting list)
N++ (available)
Steredenn (waiting list)
The Adventure Pals (available)

Was looking at Play-asia limited releases with english language

Reverie: Sweet as Edition (taking pre-orders)
Oniken + Odallus collection (pre-orders starting 24th January I think)
Shikhondo: Soul Eater

There's probably more...

Capcom Belt Action Collection arrived from VGP (asia version). What a lovely cover!

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Was looking at Play-asia limited releases with english language

Reverie: Sweet as Edition (taking pre-orders)
Oniken + Odallus collection (pre-orders starting 24th January I think)
Shikhondo: Soul Eater

There's probably more...

Only 2 more: RXN -Raijin, and Dimension Drive. I like that RXN -Raijin came with a steelbook and art book but it was more expensive than the other releases.
Play-Asia has good affordable special editions, and they don't run out of stock in seconds unlike LRG. Unfortunately, it seems LRG gets all the indie hits so I dread the day they release Hollow Knight.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Hi guys...I'm relatively new to the forums...

I'm definitely on the side of a physical Switch collection so I guess I'm in the right place! Just recently, something told me to start building my collection, so In the past week I have ordered:

Megaman and Megaman X collections
Megaman 11
Onimusha
Okami
Capcom Belt Action
Danmaku Unlimited 3 (LRG)
Windjammers (LRG)
Celeste (LRG)

On the hunt for Steredenn, Furi and Thumper also...I can't wait till I get them!

Nice thread, I definitely fall in the Physical Edition camp, when available.

A few other publishers worth noting are:

https://superraregames.com/

https://signatureeditiongames.com/

https://specialreservegames.com/

I've held off buying The Messenger, but the good news is that specialreservegames.com will be bring it physically this year!

Nice, thanks for the links! Looks like I'll be ordering The Messenger ASAP!

I'm glad this thread is here, thanks to all who have contributed previously! :)

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Only 2 more: RXN -Raijin, and Dimension Drive. I like that RXN -Raijin came with a steelbook and art book but it was more expensive than the other releases.
Play-Asia has good affordable special editions, and they don't run out of stock in seconds unlike LRG. Unfortunately, it seems LRG gets all the indie hits so I dread the day they release Hollow Knight.

Thanks. Going to look at those.
About LRG, I don't have much problems with them since I limited myself to the normal editions and thankfully they take pre-orders for those but I can see how the special editions are a problem...

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I wonder if Atari Flashbacks had a new print run.

I was coming here to say I think word had gotten around about it. Last night three Targets around me had copies, today I go and get a copy for myself but the other stores were out. It seems it may not matter anyway.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I wonder if Atari Flashbacks had a new print run.

I was coming here to say I think word had gotten around about it. Last night three Targets around me had copies, today I go and get a copy for myself but the other stores were out. It seems it may not matter anyway.

It's been in stock at GameStop for a while. I got my copy in the mail earlier this week. That said, I did hear someone outsidenthis forum say Targets got a restock though. I don't have a Target near me so I can't say either way.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Heads up, I ordered Atari Flashback Classics from GameStop.com because they keep showing it in stock. They charged me full price but sent me a used copy. That must be all they have in stock. FYI if you're a collector.

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Yeah can RCT have a reprint? Its literally nowhere and i cant imagine it being in high demand

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
They seem to have published Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack and that game seems to be available in a lot of places at least in Europe if it helps.
Dragon: Marked For Death has vanished from amazon
Was it ever there? Anyhow it releases Jan 31st/Feb. I gotta assume this is a Toki situation and just pick it up at GameStop/EB

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HEADS UP

Bendy is back at GameStop at least for online purchase. It's been $70-100 on eBay for a while now.

Edit: Beaten somehow, even though that post didn't show up when I searched for this thread. Bizarre.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah can RCT have a reprint? Its literally nowhere and i cant imagine it being in high demand

No idea how true it is, but someone on another forum messaged me and said there was an article claiming there would be a restock. I also believe there may have been a restock of Atari Flashbacks.

HEADS UP

Bendy is back at GameStop at least for online purchase. It's been $70-100 on eBay for a while now.

Edit: Beaten somehow, even though that post didn't show up when I searched for this thread. Bizarre.

Just glad there will be more attention on it and hopefully anyone waiting to get a copy was able to.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
HEADS UP

Be warned you may be buying used copies for full price. I just went through this with atari Flashback.

Oct 27, 2017
Be warned you may be buying used copies for full price. I just went through this with atari Flashback.

True, but as long as you have the receipt and don't break the makeshift seal, they have to accept your return.

Quick question, fellow collectors. Besides Play-Asia, is there anywhere one can go for an Asian/English release?

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
True, but as long as you have the receipt and don't break the makeshift seal, they have to accept your return.

Quick question, fellow collectors. Besides Play-Asia, is there anywhere one can go for an Asian/English release?

Definitively, the store I went to was cool with the whole thing and took the return but just a heads up for folks is all.