• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I posted this in the Fighting Games Community OT, but I know that it can be interesting to some of you, so excuse me for crossposting from another threat.

They also tweeted in english.

Seems like there will be two editions, and only the one with the art book would be limited? I hope so.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how limited the run was, but I could see Reel Fishing Road Trip being sorta hard to come by in the future.

GameStop has new copies for $20 and the game itself is pretty great, honestly. It's an amalgam of fishing/visual novel/RPG with lite crafting mechanics. To scratch an itch, I usually buy about one fishing game per console and this one seems worth it so far.

Really wish we could get an HD port of Yuji Naka's Fishing Resort though. I hope it doesn't forever stay exclusive to the Wii.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Does anyone know if the FF7/8 Asian physical copy come with the latest patch on the cart? I'm just hoping the FF7 music bug is fixed without needing to update.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Does anyone know if the FF7/8 Asian physical copy come with the latest patch on the cart? I'm just hoping the FF7 music bug is fixed without needing to update.

Just to put on the cart for the first time to try. Without updating it says version 1.0.1_5 and says it's the last version so I guess yes,, latest patch on cart.

That's for FFVII because FFVIII is updating.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
I posted this in the Fighting Games Community OT, but I know that it can be interesting to some of you, so excuse me for crossposting from another threat.

It doesn't seem like they will be offering two editions, so in order to get that appealing Samurai Shodown!2 - Pocket Fighting Series cart you will have to spend a lot of money. Their PS4/XBO limited editions were ~80€ excluded shipping, and here there are two carts, and a bigger book.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
It doesn't seem like they will be offering two editions, so in order to get that appealing Samurai Shodown!2 - Pocket Fighting Series cart you will have to spend a lot of money. Their PS4/XBO limited editions were ~80€ excluded shipping, and here there are two carts, and a bigger book.

I was wondering why no price was announced... It's going to be 100€ or more, isn't it...?

Galak-Z and Skulls of Shogun pack releasing in February

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that they release this at EVO like they did with the ps4 version so i can have an ntsc cartridge

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't know how limited the run was, but I could see Reel Fishing Road Trip being sorta hard to come by in the future.

GameStop has new copies for $20 and the game itself is pretty great, honestly.

Anyone feel like sending a copy of that to Germany? ^^ (well, depending on how much shipping would be...could be crazy high)

Our GameStop has never heard of it and no other retailer seems to carry it.

EDIT: Please disregard....turns out I cannot afford this right now.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just saw on Play Asia that the Atelier Dusk Trilogy is getting a physical English Asian release of the Switch version. I wish they would release it worldwide.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, just managed to get that Samurai Shodown le from pixnlove. Took so many goes, the website was super flaky

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Forgot this thread existed. Ordered the Samuaro Shodown Switch LE and Debating on the Atelier series as I know chances of getting a physical release out West are slim.

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Storm 4 was announced for Switch. One of the English trailers has a game box on it.

Storm Trilogy on Switch only got a box+code and a Japanese cartridge with Chinese/Japanese dub so I'm hoping we get a real physical this time. The dream release would be a collectors edition with all 4 games like the other systems got during the original release but I won't hold my breathe for that one.

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here order one of limited Baldur's/Planescape/Icewind sets? They were supposed to ship in December, but they still haven't for me.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Whew buddy I figured I was too late for Shodown LE on Switch but they're still taking preorders.

After shipping to NA, price is over $200. Yeesh. But that's the sexy Switch box/collection yet, I just can't say no. Gosh darn do I love it.

Ergo Goon

Oct 25, 2017
Got my eye on that SamSho LE, but have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. Does anyone know if Pix 'n Love charges upon placing the order or shipment?

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
Got my shipping notice on the Baldur/planescape/Icewind/Neverwinter collector's edition, so they should be playable before christmas.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Lode Runner Legacy available on Strictly Limited Games, Standard and Collector's Edition

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Super Rare Games are teasing their next release (the one after Smoke and Sacrifice, which seems to be set for January 3rd) through their mailing list:

Firstly, I need your help! We have a game coming from us which is a *massive* title. The pricing for this will be more expensive than our usual games as the digital price point is very high (around 50£). The question for you is: would you spend £50.00+TAX+Shipping on a game from us?

With Divinity Original Sin 2 being published by Limited Run, my wishful thinking is that this would be GRID Autosport, Alien Isolation or Hellblade. All those are less than ~50£ though. Browsing the eShop, there are not a lot of games with that price digital only at the moment 🤔

Regarding upcoming games, AO Tennis 2 is being published physically by Bigben, so...

What else do you think it could be? The Sinking City?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Super Rare Games are teasing their next release (the one after Smoke and Sacrifice, which seems to be set for January 3rd) through their mailing list:

With Divinity Original Sin 2 being published by Limited Run, my wishful thinking is that this would be GRID Autosport, Alien Isolation or Hellblade. All those are less than ~50£ though. Browsing the eShop, there are not a lot of games with that price digital only at the moment 🤔

Regarding upcoming games, AO Tennis 2 is being published physically by Bigben, so...

What else do you think it could be? The Sinking City?
Would love it if it were Sinking City but that would cost more already. You have to look at their presumed profit margin, not the actual eShop price tag. If it's 50 on the eShop, it won't be 50 for their limited retail release (see how Divinity 2 is full price sixty with LRG since it's not a 20 dollar game they're putting on a card for once).

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Would love it if it were Sinking City but that would cost more already. You have to look at their presumed profit margin, not the actual eShop price tag. If it's 50 on the eShop, it won't be 50 for their limited retail release (see how Divinity 2 is full price sixty with LRG since it's not a 20 dollar game they're putting on a card for once).

They do say in the mail the digital price for the game is around £50 so it might be Sinking City. Frogwares said they wanted to do a physical version at launch but couldn't since they were self-publishing it.
What other games are around that price that don't physical version already? Not sure how pricing on eshop goes
GRID Autosport, Alien Isolation or Hellblade would indeed be great... Also Doom collection

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
They do say in the mail the digital price for the game is around £50 so it might be Sinking City. Frogwares said they wanted to do a physical version at launch but couldn't since they were self-publishing it.
What other games are around that price that don't physical version already? Not sure how pricing on eshop goes
GRID Autosport, Alien Isolation or Hellblade would indeed be great... Also Doom collection
Then I don't know and go back to stubbornly hoping it's Sinking City.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering importing the Switch collection of the Atelier Dusk Trilogy, but I'm a little wary.
Are there any impressions of the Switch verion yet?
Its also concerning that they are cramming three games onto one cart, what size of cart are they using I wonder.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
I'm considering importing the Switch collection of the Atelier Dusk Trilogy, but I'm a little wary.
Are there any impressions of the Switch verion yet?
Its also concerning that they are cramming three games onto one cart, what size of cart are they using I wonder.

No idea about impressions but I think it's already out in Japan.
Original Vita games are around 2.5Gb each so don't think there's much problem fitting into a cart all 3. Nice of them to actually do it without downloads and not pulling a Capcom even if the release is a bit expensive. Then again, Capcom "collections" also are pricey and they do download codes stunts...
Going to get the collection, just trying to see where to get the best price.

Speaking of Capcom Devil May Cry trilogy releasing in February, yes, only 1 on cart.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Why did you leave out this part? :)

Our next game will be announced next week so keep an eye on our social media channels. This game is a 10-20 hour RPG and we think that you will all love it.

I assume because they're not necessarily connected?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
No idea about impressions but I think it's already out in Japan.
Original Vita games are around 2.5Gb each so don't think there's much problem fitting into a cart all 3. Nice of them to actually do it without downloads and not pulling a Capcom even if the release is a bit expensive. Then again, Capcom "collections" also are pricey and they do download codes stunts...
Going to get the collection, just trying to see where to get the best price.

Speaking of Capcom Devil May Cry trilogy releasing in February, yes, only 1 on cart.
What places do you usually look at for imports?
I have only really used Play-asia so I'm kinda out of the loop when it comes to import sites.