• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always hear this advice (and follow it), but I'm curious - why is this the case exactly?

Re:VideoGamesPlus

They store credit cards in a way that easily accessible I guess? I've had multiple cards get stolen after buying stuff there and I've heard the same from others.

One time I actually used the wrong card details and they still billed me. I asked them how that was possible and they told me they just used my details from another order. So yeah, very insecure.

Last edited:

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I'm not a Limited Run Games Collector (until now I only have their release of River City Girls), but damn... I bought Divinity and Bad North the last month, and now The Missing and Mighty Switch Foce Collection. And I'll repeat when they make able to preorder Blaster Master Zero.

Rattlethyhead

Jan 7, 2019
PSA FOR FANS OF THE SNIPER ELITE GAMES. Rebellion is bringing over the Zomble war trilogy early this year. For how absolutely fantastic both of their efforts on Switch where last year, I had to say something if someone didn't see the news yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I finally got around to playing Stardew Valley. Surprised to see we haven't received a Switch physical print to the NA region. There's only a JP physical with a collector's ed that seems to go for a lot.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I finally got around to playing Stardew Valley. Surprised to see we haven't received a Switch physical print to the NA region. There's only a JP physical with a collector's ed that seems to go for a lot.

Yeah, I've been sitting on my hands with Stardew Valley. I want to play the game, but I know the moment I buy it they'll announce/release it at retail here in the US.

Oct 25, 2017
They store credit cards in a way that easily accessible I guess? I've had multiple cards get stolen after buying stuff there and I've heard the same from others.

One time I actually used the wrong card details and they still billed me. I asked them how that was possible and they told me they just used my details from another order. So yeah, very insecure.

I wish I would have read this before shopping there in December. Card got compromised right away and people started buying iPhones on my credit. I got my money back from Visa but it was still a pain.
If it's so widespread, why don't they fix it?!
It's a shame too because I like the selection on that site.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish I would have read this before shopping there in December. Card got compromised right away and people started buying iPhones on my credit. I got my money back from Visa but it was still a pain.
If it's so widespread, why don't they fix it?!
It's a shame too because I like the selection on that site.
Sorry to hear that. Yeah it's a shame. Using PayPal there seems safe enough but they do charge up front.

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Oh, it's definitely coming to Best Buy?

I can't say "definitely" but probably.

It has the " Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk " comment attached. I think they just write it that way to scare us into ordering it right away. A few copies will probably show up at your local store.

*Fixed. Sorry

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
So does the new Dead Cells signature edition games release include the new DLC or are they being funny about it? They mention "The Rise of the Giant DLC is currently not on the game cart and is accessed via download from Nintendo's on device patch system." Do you guys think someday there'll be a new release with the DLC on the cart or this is probably it?

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say "definitely" but probably.

It has the " Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk " comment attached. I think they just write it that way to scare us into ordering it right away. A few copies will probably show up at your local store.

*Fixed. Sorry
As someone who missed out on it with LRG, I'm really hoping it does go to Best Buy! I definitely want a physical copy of this game.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So does the new Dead Cells signature edition games release include the new DLC or are they being funny about it? They mention "The Rise of the Giant DLC is currently not on the game cart and is accessed via download from Nintendo's on device patch system." Do you guys think someday there'll be a new release with the DLC on the cart or this is probably it?
their page description makes it clear that all the DLC stuff is just codes you get. they're just repackaging the same day-1 cards.

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
their page description makes it clear that all the DLC stuff is just codes you get. they're just repackaging the same day-1 cards.
My bad, I just realized the DLC is free! Although the developers mention they're not done with content for the game, so maybe I'll still wait before pulling the trigger on this one.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I have bought my first Signature Edition game, and I really liked it. It was the Switch edition of Bomber Crew, and it could also be redeemed for gold coins!

They are among the few to do big premium physical limited releases for Xbox One.

signatureeditiongames.com

Signature Edition Games

Signature Edition Games brings physical indie games for collectors. Signature Editions contain a region-free version of the game plus a host of additional content that is super collectable. Signature Edition offers premium packaging, fast and affordable shipping, friendly and efficient customer...

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
I have bought my first Signature Edition game, and I really liked it. It was the Switch edition of Bomber Crew, and it could also be redeemed for gold coins!

See that's weird, I've bought a lot of these limited releases from different companies, and from what I recall, I couldn't get any gold coins from them.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
See that's weird, I've bought a lot of these limited releases from different companies, and from what I recall, I couldn't get any gold coins from them.
they're regular retail releases. signature edition is just a special brand for big box special editions of games with maps and soundtracks and random swag they sell normally at retail.

Oct 27, 2017
Era-fam, I have a question that my siblings asked me but I'm not sure the answer

I know the switch physical version of stardew valley only exists in Japan, but why is it so frigging expensive? Was it an one-time deal or something? What makes this thing a $100+ game?

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Era-fam, I have a question that my siblings asked me but I'm not sure the answer

I know the switch physical version of stardew valley only exists in Japan, but why is it so frigging expensive? Was it an one-time deal or something? What makes this thing a $100+ game?

Probably because it's out of stock for now. At least I bought it last year for the normal price of $40 on amazon jp

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
As someone who missed out on it with LRG, I'm really hoping it does go to Best Buy! I definitely want a physical copy of this game.

Yeah. Its the first time in years that I have paid $60+ for a video game. I still hate myself for it but it was the only 100% certain way to get a physical copy that I really wanted. With my luck I would have waited for BB and *this* would be the release they finally passed on or cancelled...

I may be stuck doing the same for a Storm 4 import soon since it doesn't look like NA is getting the physical version.... FML

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
they're regular retail releases. signature edition is just a special brand for big box special editions of games with maps and soundtracks and random swag they sell normally at retail.

Nintendo Support: Error Code: 2016-0402

wmeD6EI_d.jpg

That's from Evoland cart from Super Rare Games

So I guess it's because the cart isn't in the American region

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

wmeD6EI_d.jpg

we're talking about Signature Edition (aka Merge Games releases but in big boxes), though? Not Super Rare Games (which is a limited print pub)? (and yes, card region has to match with account region for the points to work)

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017

wmeD6EI_d.jpg

That's what my LRG said and my Re4 cart.

Darksiders Genesis releases this week and it has a big collector's edition

Darksiders Genesis - Collector's Edition - Nintendo Switch : Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Buy Darksiders Genesis - Collector's Edition - Nintendo Switch from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.

Vast majority of those editions are delayed for 2 months for an unknown reason. Amazon in the US even has the base game on 1-2 month delay.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Vast majority of those editions are delayed for 2 months for an unknown reason. Amazon in the US even has the base game on 1-2 month delay.

Didn't try to buy it but doesn't it show 10 in stock or something?

SuperRareGames announced their next release is World of Goo! Excellent game, feels like I play it ages ago (and I did... 12 years ago at release). Will replay on Switch

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Didn't try to buy it but doesn't it show 10 in stock or something?

SuperRareGames announced their next release is World of Goo! Excellent game, feels like I play it ages ago (and I did... 12 years ago at release). Will replay on Switch

Maybe UK is getting stock and US isn't? Just know that I am getting boned with my physical copy.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
World of Goo available for pre-order on superraregames. Think Steelbook edition is still available.

LimitedRunGames will have Nurse Love Obsession and realMyst (yay) available for pre-order next week.

Strictly Limites Games is opening pre-orders for Sisters Royale tomorrow

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
SuperRare Games announced 7 games they'll release this year.

www.youtube.com

7 NEW Upcoming Nintendo Switch Games by Super Rare!

GOOD Games For Nintendo Switch Coming Soon thanks to Super Rare Games! 7 Upcoming Nintendo Switch Games Worth Buying! Visit Super Rare Games - https://superr...

- Dandara
- The Sexy Brutale
- Assault Android Cactus+
- Mechstermination Force
- Darkwood
- Freedom Finger
- Steamworld Heist

Nice releases, only played Sexy Brutale and it's a great. Think the Switch port was bad at launch, no idea if they fixed it.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

www.youtube.com

GOOD Games For Nintendo Switch Coming Soon thanks to Super Rare Games! 7 Upcoming Nintendo Switch Games Worth Buying! Visit Super Rare Games - https://superr...

- Dandara
- The Sexy Brutale
- Mechstermination Force
- Darkwood
- Freedom Finger
- Steamworld Heist

Nice releases, only played Sexy Brutale and it's a great. Think the Switch port was bad at launch, no idea if they fixed it.
Worth noting that Dandara is about to get DLC which will be included on the card when that releases.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
The megaman zero/zx collection is releasing in asia and north america like the other collections? Skipping europe?

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
0gVjmEJ.png

hope u got one

its already pretty tough to find a copy, i'm on the hunt

Yikes, glad I grabbed a copy when I did. Didn't even realize it would become difficult to find.

In other news, my LimitedRunGames blind box shows up today. Hopefully it's something I want. Thought it would be fun to not know what was coming. :P

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
Got my blind box and it was Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

Not really one I wanted but apparently extremely difficult to get physical any more. Interesting.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Paid extra to nab one of the last few copies of Atelier Ryza off Amazon.ca over the weekend.
Regret not making the plunge sooner but I, likewise, assumed I could wait on it as with Lulua.

At least it's still cheaper than Skullgirls 2nd Encore.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark

www.youtube.com

- Dandara
- The Sexy Brutale
- Mechstermination Force
- Darkwood
- Freedom Finger
- Steamworld Heist

Assault Android Cactus is really fucking good