• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I just hope that they use better plastic than actual Saturn cases; those things were terribly brittle, and would shatter if you looked at them wrong.
That has been a whole thing and part of the whole reason they got into this physical business. Listen to that first Retronauts episode with LRG from 2-3 years ago. They go over exactly this being a major motivator.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Did anyone do the preorder at Limited Run games today? I ordered Panzer Dragoon and Shadowgate. I have never played either game so I'm excited.

Going to also pre-order both with Arc of Alchemist when it's available in a couple of days. Still deciding if that Saturn controller is worth it...

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't believe this has been posted here yet.

I collect horror games of all types, but I think I'm going to have to draw a line before purchasing Slawaway Camp.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Any word yet on physical copies of Ori and Cuphead?
Cuphead will have it when the Last Course DLC is out some time this year.
Ori no idea but don't anything was announced yet
nothing was announced for Ori. it's super likely in terms of how high profile this is but gets a bit wonkier considering MS is involved and that might make retail publishing more complicated for the smaller ones and they apparently aren't interested in doing it themselves (atm).

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Edit: Disregard original post/suggestion. Someone else said it.

BTW: Lmfao at 2k's X-Com, Bioshock, and Borderlands releases. IIRC X-com only has the first two missions on an 8GB cartridge.

These companies don't even try.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Edit: Disregard original post/suggestion. Someone else said it.

BTW: Lmfao at 2k's X-Com, Bioshock, and Borderlands releases. IIRC X-com only has the first two missions on an 8GB cartridge.

These companies don't even try.

Really? Disappointing... What about Bioshock and Borderlands? At least a complete game of the collection there?

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

I collect horror games of all types, but I think I'm going to have to draw a line before purchasing Slawaway Camp.

I'm kind of wary towards this company....can't really say why.

While it's laudable they are clearly stating these are preorders and are not limiting the numbers of the games, I find it very very strange that they will only produce said games if a certain numbers of orders is reached. Aside from this status bar on the product page that doesn't seem very transparent to me....and will they REALLY refund me or will they pull a Warned Collectors one day?

Really have an odd feeling here but I'm sure they are legit. Wouldn't have hurt if they had introduced themselves on their site more clearly though.

What a shame "Rolling Gunner" is with them though. How could LimitedRunGames miss that one?

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018

I'm confused about Guilty Gear, the physical game has released some time ago, is it because it's Deluxe Edition? The Day One Edition I got already had some extras.

no this is how all of them are. this is superior to codes though since you can resell the full collection and don't basically lose whatever the code-based game(s) are.

That's a good point, didn't think about that. Still they could have done better. Actually, even if I've seen some negativity about the release I'm pretty happy about this port release...Love these games and never playe Pre-sequel and XCom2... hopefully it's a good port.

Now where are those Jedi Knight Switch releases Limited Run Games? :)

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Got my pre-order on Divinity 2 in! I won't miss it a second time. :P

I'm tempted to buy Panzer Dragoon from lrg. I've never really played a rail shooter though. I wish they put out a demo so I don't potentially waste $30.

Also ditto on the Jedi Knight idea. Add in Alien: Isolation too while you're at it! Please 🙂

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Got my pre-order on Divinity 2 in! I won't miss it a second time. :P

I'm tempted to buy Panzer Dragoon from lrg. I've never really played a rail shooter though. I wish they put out a demo so I don't potentially waste $30.

Also ditto on the Jedi Knight idea. Add in Alien: Isolation too while you're at it! Please 🙂
play star fox on SNES NSO? :)

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I just got an email from Pix'n Love telling me that the Shockbox special edition of Samurai Shodown has been delayed because the merchandising that comes with the game.

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think we covered this.

I knew it was coming, just not phyiscally.
I was pretty bummed about this game. I had it on Wii U, but the sound never worked when you played on just the gamepad.
As far as I know, it was never patched. In fact by just looking it up:

Ludosity

They had a patch ready, but the top comment as of May 27, 2019, says it still was never implemented.

Damn those Wii U/Nintendo patches must have really been costly (lack of sales is probably a big portion of it).

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I knew it was coming, just not phyiscally.
I was pretty bummed about this game. I had it on Wii U, but the sound never worked when you played on just the gamepad.
As far as I know, it was never patched. In fact by just looking it up:

Ludosity

They had a patch ready, but the top comment as of May 27, 2019, says it still was never implemented.

Damn those Wii U/Nintendo patches must have really been costly (lack of sales is probably a big portion of it).
Updating/patching your game cost nothing. Nothing meaning there was no fee like the infamous 30k on mid-gen Xbox 360. This is solely a thing about them not having the money to spend more dev time on it. Hence them also not bothering with the expensive but not THAT expensive USK ratings costs, leading to them ignoring one of EU's largest markets at the time (oh the pre-IARC years...).

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
That's good to know. I didn't even get an e-mail. lol
Stange :/ Search for an email with the subject: "Samurai Shodown Switch : shipping information" from "contact {at} editionspixnlove [dot] c o m"

Edit: Better if I share the email
HN6HU6F.png

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Black Bird available on LRG.

Clannad will be up for pre-oreder there soon

The Sexy Brutale will be available on Superraregames next Thursday with a limited edition

Signature edition has a couple of games coming
Dungeon Endless
Spirit of the North
Bounty Battle

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I just realized that with so many limited print companies around, none of them did Stardew Valley for the Switch. Heck, it was weird 505 Games didn't publish it themselves after doing XBO and PS4 versions. Did I miss something or does anyone know what's the reasoning behind this one not being released by any of those companies?

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I just realized that with so many limited print companies around, none of them did Stardew Valley for the Switch. Heck, it was weird 505 Games didn't publish it themselves after doing XBO and PS4 versions. Did I miss something or does anyone know what's the reasoning behind this one not being released by any of those companies?
I got an email from one of the companies, I think it was about Human Fall Flat, saying that they previously had an physical exclusivity agreement that they were going to let go so that the game could be printed again.

Ultimately the email was apologizing to people who bought it the first time around that it would no longer be so limited, which I thought was a bit silly.

Maybe concernedape didn't want to sign any sort of agreement like that?

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
I just randomly happened to check Best Buy today out of boredom and saw they had Divinity OS2 so I grabbed a copy. Yay for GCU! I'd just kind of assumed it would be hard to get a copy and I totally forgot about it. I'd been holding out on buying it digitally just in case I got it physically so I'm stoked!

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Clannad available on LRG for Pre-order.

Hotline Miami Collection will be on sale on April 21st on Special Reserve Games

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will receive a physical edition outside Japan? I noticed Play-Asia has listings for what seems to be a European and US physical edition, but I can't find anything about it on Google :/

www.play-asia.com

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [Remastered Edition]

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [Remastered Edition]As the Miasma creeps across the land, the people cling to the crystals for safety. Now, a caravan of intrepid explorers ventures forth in search of hope. He tried to rid the world of all miasma.Remember, your journey not for yourself alone but...

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will receive a physical edition outside Japan? I noticed Play-Asia has listings for what seems to be a European and US physical edition, but I can't find anything about it on Google :/

www.play-asia.com

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [Remastered Edition]As the Miasma creeps across the land, the people cling to the crystals for safety. Now, a caravan of intrepid explorers ventures forth in search of hope. He tried to rid the world of all miasma.Remember, your journey not for yourself alone but...
There's probably so little info on it because it doesn't even have a release date yet. They'll probably make that more clear whenever that happens.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
There's probably so little info on it because it doesn't even have a release date yet. They'll probably make that more clear whenever that happens.
Yeah I figured as much, but found it strange that Play-Asia is already listing them. Thanks! Hopefully it releases soon and they'll put it on a gamecard :D

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Just dropping into this thread to discuss with collectors here about their opinions on the Cooking Mama situation. I have a sealed UK copy now and am wondering how you guys see that appreciating over time.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia

www.play-asia.com

www.xtralife.com

Comprar Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Edición Remasterizada Switch Estándar

*Juego de importación. Este artículo se trata de la Versión Japonesa. Funciona perfectamente en todas las consolas de Nintendo Switch.Mientras el Miasma se arra...

This doesn't confirm that it will have a retail edition around here, but it means that this store at least expects it.

Edit: Sorry, I just read a disclaimer in that product page:

*Juego de importación. Este artículo se trata de la Versión Japonesa. Funciona perfectamente en todas las consolas de Nintendo Switch.

*Import game. This article is about the Japanese Version. It works perfectly on all Nintendo Switch systems.

Sorry for the confusion.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just dropping into this thread to discuss with collectors here about their opinions on the Cooking Mama situation. I have a sealed UK copy now and am wondering how you guys see that appreciating over time.
I ended up cancelling my Amazon order weeks before this became a big issue, but I put in another order for a marked up price earlier today, so we'll see how that goes.

I like owning collectibles, but I'll at least play them eventually, so I don't plan on keeping it sealed for long. Reselling games just isn't in my system anymore since I began collecting.