• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
elDbpgh_d.jpg

WXtCUJx_d.jpg

...i need sleep...

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
This thread is pics that make you laugh, but I find it hard to believe that anyone has laughed at one of those loss pics.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ways people find to hide Loss into other things is pretty hilarious. Maybe not in the "laugh out loud" way but "this is smile-inducing clever".

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
This thread is pics that make you laugh, but I find it hard to believe that anyone has laughed at one of those loss pics.

That doesn't actually have anything to do with the comedic quality of the pictures themselves.

If you asked any professional comedian for the quickest and most efficient way to destroy a comedy routine, they'd tell you it's to preface it with the description "laugh out loud funny".

How did any of us get here? We saw the words "Pics that make you laugh" and clicked on them. I'm sure you can see the inherent self-defeating nature of this. A thread about pictures that make you laugh destroys itself on a conceptual level just by existing.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't actually have anything to do with the comedic quality of the pictures themselves.

If you asked any professional comedian for the quickest and most efficient way to destroy a comedy routine, they'd tell you it's to preface it with the description "laugh out loud funny".

How did any of us get here? We saw the words "Pics that make you laugh" and clicked on them. I'm sure you can see the inherent self-defeating nature of this. A thread about pictures that make you laugh destroys itself on a conceptual level just by existing.

I would argue that the quickest way to kill a joke is to tell it over and over again, but I'm not a comedian.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
I would argue that the quickest way to kill a joke is to tell it over and over again, but I'm not a comedian.
repetition is an essential part of memes tbh. Now you can hate memes but if you do you're going to have a bad time on a funny pics thread on the internet.

Now to be quite frank the one I posted earlier wasn't *that* funny. I mean we're all used to the 4 panel formula, to the point that we automatically seek loss on 4 panel comics, it's just something we expect. I liked that the setting was different here but I wouldn't call it great either - it needs to be unexpected again. Like, you enter the thread, look for the pics, let them communicate with you for a second and WHAM, realize it's laying down right in front of you. I mean it's hard to explain, but you get the idea. It's like a code that has been cracked by everyone, sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.