• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

me for hours:

ImpressionableRecklessIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not even sure what this one is supposed to be, is the extra not just for design symmetry or something.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

(last one is apparently fake, but still we love to see it, big mood)

It's actually funny, according to my wife. 👍

Glad that your wife likes it, I don't, because women aren't a monolith, and one woman finding a sexist joke funny, doesn't diminish the sexist undertones of that joke still, nor does it absolve it of legitimate reproach about it. Cheers to your wife though.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Surrounding Sexism
Not being able to laugh at yourself or even groups you are a part of is unfortunate. That's a great joke, but if it crosses the line for you, I can't dispute that.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

That one hurts so bad, oh sweetie! It just wasn't her day, sometimes it truly be like that.
The reverse happened to me in high school, while waiting fo the bus I used to lean on the back of the bus stop (made out of clear glass), and one day I fell like a plank on my back because the glass was gone and I hadn't noticed it. Thanks to my backpack I didn't hurt myself though, but apparently the way I fell was impressive and funny.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Surrounding Sexism
You're shifting the subject, and assuming that anyone who doesn't laugh at the joke is therefore unable to laugh at themselves.

Are the "karen" jokes about "i want to speak to your manager" stereotyping white women? And how much of a quorum is needed to decide if that has a racist interpretation? And what academic authority has the legitimacy to claim so?

Personally, that joke is "ok" (lazy). Its "women be shopping" levels of effort.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Are the "karen" jokes about "i want to speak to your manager" stereotyping white women? And how much of a quorum is needed to decide if that has a racist interpretation? And what academic authority has the legitimacy to claim so?

Personally, that joke is "ok" (lazy). Its "women be shopping" levels of effort.

That's a lot to unpack my dear, but first let's just give you a star for mansplaining to a woman what a sexist joke should or shouldn't look like, congratz: ⭐

Second the Karen jokes are made in a proper context and do not apply to the whole of white women as a demographic. I have absolutely no beef against those jokes, because they deserve a proper context, are about women in a somewhat position of power (aka white women, benefiting from white supremacy in many ways, class included). They're not made in a vacuum to portray 51% of the population in a certain way, they deserve a time and place to be made and are more often than not justified and warranted.

However, implying, that all women (aka, again 51% of the goddamn fucking population) are such strange, alien, insecure, emotional and hysterical creatures prone to create couple fights out of clearly hypothetical situations far removed from reality such as the one implied on that tweet, because "LOL WOMEN BE CRAY AHAH THAT'S FUNNY INNIT?" is just insulting, demeaning, and incredibly othering. This is what a sexist joke looks like, and I'll give it to you, it isn't an obvious one, but it is one still. I sure do hope that my more than 30 years of experience living as a woman can somehow trample your astounding amount of zero years of experience living as a woman, but somehow it feels like it won't even make a dent.

But please, do keep telling me what is and isn't okay on a subject that doesn't affect you personally in the slightest, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
That's a lot to unpack my dear, but first let's just give you a star for mansplaining to a woman what a sexist joke should or shouldn't look like, congratz: ⭐

Second the Karen jokes are made in a proper context and do not apply to the whole of white women as a demographic. I have absolutely no beef against those jokes, because they deserve a proper context, are about women in a somewhat position of power (aka white women, benefiting from white supremacy in many ways, class included). They're not made in a vaccum to portray 51% of the population in a certain way, they deserve a time and place to be made and are more often than not justified and warranted.

However, implying, that all women (aka, again 51% of the goddamn fucking population) are such strange, alien, insecure, emotional and hysterical creatures prone to create couple fights out of clearly hypothetical situations far removed from really such as the one implied on that tweet, because "LOL WOMEN BE CRAY AHAH THAT'S FUNNY INNIT?" is just insulting, demeaning, and incredibly othering. This is what a sexist joke looks like, and I'll give it to you, it isn't an obvious one, but it is one still. I sure do hope that my more than 30 years of experience living as a woman can somehow trample your astounding amount of zero years of experience living as a woman, but somehow it feels like it won't even make a dent.

But please, do keep telling me what is and isn't okay on a subject that doesn't affect you personally in the slightest, I'm all ears.

You're assuming here, of course, that killrog is a woman... And that Masture of Pastures is a man for that matter...

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
You're assuming here, of course, that killrog is a woman... And that Masture of Pastures is a man for that matter...

I wasn't implying that MoP was mansplaining Killrog despite answering to his post though, because we all know I'm the one who started that particular conversation, and that it's MY point of view MoP was trying to throw in the trash. In a subtle way, MoP was answering to me, and I'm clever enough to read between the lines here, hence my reply. Also, both of those users have picked "male" on their profile pages, so I'll answer according to the information I have at hand here, and assume they both are male until proven otherwise.

Let's not play dumb, shall we now?

Last edited:

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Trolling
Without even going into whether I agree or disagree with Delphine, this is hardly a valid argument. So what? Your wife says it's funny, Delphine says it's sexist. One woman's word against another's. Does the world implode now?

The only way forward is for the girls to fight it out.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Trump supporters would just rebrand themselves as slaves. It's what they willingly are.

Status
Not open for further replies.