• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
And you thought Smash was the crossover of the century.
Dfp0mY0VQAAgYaq.jpg

Osaka is currently bidding for the right to hold the BIE World Expo in 2025. They're up against the Russian Federation (in Ekaterinburg), and Azerbaijan (in Baku). Yeah they're gonna win.

ANYWAYS, they submitted their official bid yesterday. The most relevant to gaming side is this video detailing the expo hall they plan to build if they win, guided by Pikachu and various other Pokemon. It is unknown if actual Pokemon will be present at the event in 2025. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe appears to deliver a message in crippling slow English when *gasp* PIKACHU. The video is better than my description, just watch it.

The host will be announced on November 23rd.
Dfp0nRAU0AEqRqr.jpg

MbYUhOf.jpg

Dfp0p0lV4AAP1Eo.jpg

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Osaka is currently bidding for the right to hold the BIE World Expo in 2025. They're up against the Russian Federation (in Ekaterinburg), and Azerbaijan (in Baku). Yeah they're gonna win.

Those two were always gonna lose, even if they did win.

For years, the Kazakh organizers had been quietly ramping down the tallies of expected attendees at the three-month event; 5 million, 3 million, now 2 million. On opening day, the official figure was 10,000 visitors, and even that was a generous rounding-up. The next day, the crowds were even barer. In the Chinese pavilion, a CGI video showed a fly-through of busy Expo grounds; outside the street was empty save for a janitor having a smoke. Come dinner time, the empty plastic tables and giant windows of the second floor of the food court gave it the air of a provincial airport at 2 am.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
This isn't so surprising after Abe turned into Mario at the Olympics...

wFLpzVq.gif

Also, Abe had some nice things to say about Nintendo in the past:

"Earlier today, a member of the Diet asked him for his growth strategy for Japan.​

"Well, for example, there's a company called Nintendo," Abe replied. "Over there, they made hanafuda cards, but gradually the people playing hanafuda decreased. However, that company called Nintendo makes hanafuda cards and whatnot, and I believe that only by doing that, it wasn't able to protect hanafuda."​

So, Abe continued, Nintendo used technical expertise to lead the way in developing home video game consoles. "And at the same time, it is keeping the traditional hanafuda cards. For sure, I think this is something that we can learn from."​

https://kotaku.com/japanese-prime-minister-thinks-country-can-learn-from-1535090225/amp

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
great, now more people will hate on my favourite pokemon
"celebrate diversity" with Shinzo Abe...

Last edited: