• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Really want to pick this up, but may hold off for a while. Was half hoping it would get some enhancements for One X/Pro consoles too.

haha
It's quite magnificent tbh, my advice (PS4 Pro)

1) Play turn based: I played POE on PC and PS4, and it's SO much more fun with a controller in TBC, as RTwP just kind of sucks a bit with controller IMO.

2) Grab a SSD, move your game to it, best decision I ever made (the Samsing T5 is awesome).

3) Take your time and enjoy, I'm 55 hours in and the story/worldbuilding and combat is amazingly great. I actually prefer it to DOS2.....and I've just finished a 120 hour Lone Wolf Tactician run on that, so obviously I loved that too.

4) Even with SSD, the loads are more than halved...but still long, keep your phone and ERA/YouTube handy lol.

Nerix

Oct 27, 2017
Started it a few days ago and really like it so far (played PoE I as well).

Only thing I do miss is the option to hide the UI. I used to do that in PoE I for nice screenshots.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Tried both turned based and RTwP and I definitely prefer turn based for PoE 2.

I probably won't start playing until they patch out some major issues (mainly corrupted saves and the enchanting crashes).

Already ran into a minor issue - using L3 for highlighted words didn't work at all in the prologue. I finally got the tooltips to show after the ship crash but it's very finicky. The tooltips dissappear almost immediately and I have to keep moving my cursor over the highlighted words at least half a dozen times to make the tooltips stick. I tried messing with the tooltip delay settings, but that didn't help at all.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I gotta say, it's
Like turn-based is better but it makes battles so much longer.
Veteran difficulty w/Turn Based feels like the sweet spot for me; RTwP is kind of weird with a controller I find...you need quick reflexes which the controller doesnt allow for, whilst TB takes longer, so much more fun and is tuned about right now (great work Obsidian, was a bit easy pre-tuning patches in 2019).

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I just got my platinum trophy for this game. It felt like a damn miracle getting it.

I REALLY liked this game over the 1st game and it is fun.....when it works. I cannot fathom how it crashes so often on party management, enchanting, loading, etc.

Pro tip on preventing crashes on enchanting: Make sure that you don't have more than a full page worth of unique items in the enchant menu (12-15, I didnt count) to prevent crashes.

Party management crashes: make sure you dont try to modify your party if a member is about to leave. It crashes every time you accept the new party setup.

Although I only played on PS4 Pro, I am pretty sure these crashes are the same for Xbox.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Bump! As someone who adored D: OS2 on PS4, I'm itching for more of that, and this game looks like the next best thing. It's sad to hear about the crashes and loading times and performance issues on console. Kinda reminds me of XCOM 2 on PS4 by the look of things.

Hopefully playing this game on PS5 or XSX can smooth out the load times, at least. I think I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale.