• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
PoE1 loading times on my PS4 are starting to frustate my playtrough. I'm at the game's third act, at the Elm's Reach doing the god's quests, and I don't feel like exploring the maps anymore because of the loading times between areas. It's so frustating. I'm also playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2 and even them both, with those amazing graphics, load much quicker than Pillars. Maybe a SSD on the PS4 would fix it?

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
PoE1 loading times on my PS4 are starting to frustate my playtrough. I'm at the game's third act, at the Elm's Reach doing the god's quests, and I don't feel like exploring the maps anymore because of the loading times between areas. It's so frustating. I'm also playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2 and even them both, with those amazing graphics, load much quicker than Pillars. Maybe a SSD on the PS4 would fix it?

I think it's iust an engine thing. They were bad even on PC with an SSD.

If it's any help you're super close to completing the game if you just want to see the end.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think it's iust an engine thing. They were bad even on PC with an SSD.

If it's any help you're super close to completing the game if you just want to see the end.
Yeah, and I read somewhere that it gets worse the more you play.
Can't imagine how it's gonna be when I start the White Marches.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, and I read somewhere that it gets worse the more you play.
Can't imagine how it's gonna be when I start the White Marches.

In some ways not as bad as those maps tend to be pretty big and you stay on most of them for a decent amount of time. It's alwys the worst when you're in the city and have way more loading screens than out in the wilderness.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
hey, PoE2-heads—how do you guys feel about Tyranny? I feel like I don't see it mentioned as much. it's on steam sale right now, wondering if i should pick it up

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
hey, PoE2-heads—how do you guys feel about Tyranny? I feel like I don't see it mentioned as much. it's on steam sale right now, wondering if i should pick it up

I quite like it, though it's even more "game that could've been so much more with a bit more budget" than Pillars. You play a character already established in the (decently unique) world, which is already quite different, and you have a decent number of options ranging for outright evil to just a super strict rules lawyer, kinda lawful neutral. The latter is the best, IMO.

The combat isn't really anything to write home about, mostly because of the lack of enemy variety. But it's fine. The game is quite short by cRPG standards so you can rock through it in under 30 hours and get to experience a cool world with some fun characters.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any reason to buy the DLC prior to starting the game? Wondering if I should get it while it's on sale. That is, if I get an answer before the sale ends since I just thought about this today.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Any reason to buy the DLC prior to starting the game? Wondering if I should get it while it's on sale. That is, if I get an answer before the sale ends since I just thought about this today.

Unless you would replay it later I think it's worth picking up beforehand, yeah. It adds a good amount of story content, unique items (which generally are fun and interesting across the entire game from a build standpoint) and character insight.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Going to try to get back into this again (this will be my 3rd attempt lol)...any tips? I don't think I want to do the turn based (even though I generally prefer turn based) as the game really wasn't made from the ground up with that in mind. I'll probably MC as a wizard.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Can't quite remember, it's been a while, but I think the lore itself kinda overwhelmed me a bit. I did the TB mode as well the last attempt, so that probably didn't really click with me (probably put about 12 hours into it at the time). I got a little past the point you get the ship.

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, that is a little tricky. There's a lot you can change about the combat in terms of difficulty and play style, but there's not much you can do about the lore density.

Have you played PoE 1?

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
I did not play the first one, I got it late and tried it for a little bit (for a few hours), but felt really dated by the time I tried it out and never went back.

Oct 25, 2017
I did not play the first one, I got it late and tried it for a little bit (for a few hours), but felt really dated by the time I tried it out and never went back.

Sure. I do think PoE 1 is a great game, but I'm not going to tell you "So, you want to play this 80+ hour game, ok, but first you have to play this other 80+ hour game." That said, on-boarding new players who haven't played PoE 1 is not something I think Deadfire does particularly well, so if you haven't played it then I'm not surprised that you find the lore in Deadfire to be a bit overwhelming.

If you really don't intend to play PoE 1 (and you haven't already tried this) it might be a good idea to find a plot-recap youtube video or something like that to watch. Having a better understanding of what happens in the first game should make the first few hours of Deadfire less confusing, and at the very least it will reduce the number of new concepts you have to get your head around at the start. Of course, the fact that this is the third time you have played the beginning of Deadfire might also help with that.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a specific build/playstyle in mind for your wizard? There are some very strong multiclass options for various hybrid melee builds but for straight nuking single class evoker is probably still the best bet

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Do you have a specific build/playstyle in mind for your wizard? There are some very strong multiclass options for various hybrid melee builds but for straight nuking single class evoker is probably still the best bet
Yeah, thinking mostly nuker wizard, what's the optimal starting race/build for evoker wizard? Best skills to aim for?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
There's so many builds I'd like to try but I know I never will just due to being a mortal human with 24 hours in a day, and not really spending those hours with this game anymore.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished Beast Of Winter and really love the story/lore (Bridge Ablaze especially is phenomenal).

Is it worth doing Seeker Slayers Survivor if I don't really care about combat ? Even the first few combat encounter in SSS had me in trouble (classic difficulty). Is it worth slogging through the combat for the story ?

Or should I skip right to Forgotten Sanctum ?

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I just finished Beast Of Winter and really love the story/lore (Bridge Ablaze especially is phenomenal).

Is it worth doing Seeker Slayers Survivor if I don't really care about combat ? Even the first few combat encounter in SSS had me in trouble (classic difficulty). Is it worth slogging through the combat for the story ?

Or should I skip right to Forgotten Sanctum ?

I'd just skip to FS. SSS is 95% for people who really get into the combat.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I'd just skip to FS. SSS is 95% for people who really get into the combat.

Ah okay, from role playing perspective is it weird/doesn't make sense if the protagonist ignore the quest ? BoE for example, kinda affect the world if left unfinished.

Worse case scenario, I'll just drop down the difficulty for the DLC.

I dont really have problem with fhe combat but combat started became a slog when my attack started to goes "No penetration" and yield single digit damage.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Ah okay, from role playing perspective is it weird/doesn't make sense if the protagonist ignore the quest ? BoE for example, kinda affect the world if left unfinished.

Worse case scenario, I'll just drop down the difficulty for the DLC.

I dont really have problem with fhe combat but combat started became a slog when my attack started to goes "No penetration" and yield single digit damage.

I don't think it would be weird to ignore the quest. SSS gives you more insight into what one deity--you can probably guess which--has been up to in the Deadfire archipelago, and it includes some backstory for one of the sidekicks. But as I recall (and I only played it once, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong), ignoring it doesn't threaten world-altering events the way ignoring BoW or FS would. FS can also have a very direct (rather than implied) effect on the game's ending.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah I think it'd be fine roleplaying wise. It's not like doing White March 1 but not White March 2 where you might have actually ended most life on at least the continent.

***if for some reason you see this I'm prototyping my WotR OT somewhere I don't expect anyone to ever look!***

cHTqNtW.png

Release
PC: September 2nd, 2021
Console: March 1st, 2022

PC Platforms
Steam: Standard -- Commander -- Mythic
GOG: Standard -- Commander -- Mythic
EGS: Standard -- Commander -- Mythic

Overview
The second Pathfinder adventure pack adapted by developer Owlcat Games, Wrath of the Righteous returns the player to the world of Golarion, this time to the nation of Mendev. More than 100 years ago the nearby realm of Sarkoris was destroyed when Areelu Vorlesh, a scholar and practitioner of forbidden magics, opened a rift to the abyssal planes of existence, and hordes of demons invaded the world. Led by the evil Demon Lords Deskari and Baphomet, the abyssal forces crushed all who stood against them, turning Sarkoris into a demon‑infested land now known as the Worldwound.

A line of sacred artifacts called the Wardstones are all that keeps the demons at bay. But when the first of the Wardstones is sabotaged in the heart of the Icity of Kenabres, the forces of the Locust Host and stand ready to strike. it is up to you, your companions and your armies to repel Deskari's forces and lead the Fifth Mendevian Crusade to close the Worldwound.

Wrath is not a direct sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but it is set in the same world not long after those events, and not too far away, so don't be surprised to see mention of them and perhaps a few recurring NPCs.

Features

PF2__1_.gif

Taking the battle to the heart of the Worldwound will require strength beyond that of common warriors. Mythic Paths not only allow you and your companions to reach previously untold heights of power, they also significantly alter the story and your standing with the crusaders and your friends.

Mythic levels are independent from your base class and advance through story events. The maximum level for your base class is still 20.

• Aeon - A cosmic judge of balance with the ability to change the current timeline. You can sense where the balance is broken and correct it, usually punishing the perpetrator in the process.
  • Angel - A general of celestial armies, able to summon angels to fight by their side and heal and protect their allies.
  • Azata - A rebel and a fighter for freedom and good. A superhero of sorts that protects innocents against demons and purifies the land of corruption with the help of a dragon sidekick.
  • Demon - A raging beast whose desire is to become the ruler of the Abyss. You can choose to sink into a demonic rage and rip your enemies apart with their bare hands. The Demon Lords shall bow to your power!
  • Devil - Masters of corruption and despoilers of purity, devils seek to destroy all things good and drag mortal souls back with them to the depths of Hell.
  • Gold Dragon - The mighty magic and form of a Gold Dragon gives you the power to smite your enemies, but remember: killing is not the only option. Those who faltered could be redeemed, those who are lost, should be guided. Your way is the way of mercy. Your path leads to eternity.
  • Legend - One need not be a mythic creature, an outsider, or one of the goddesses' chosen to become a hero. Those who decline all mythic powers and purify their souls from any outside influence are capable of great deeds. This path may be a hard one, full of temptation, but if you tread it rightly, you'll earn the title of Mythic Legend.
  • Lich - An immortal undead, a master of necromancy who will ultimately be able to replace their companions with the undead minions under their command.
  • Swarm that Walks - An all-devouring monstrosity. This is the path of ultimate Evil, and you should be ready to see even the closest of friends become your enemies.
  • Trickster - A Loki-type character who loves to have fun and play jokes on even the mightiest creatures. You can trick the rules that govern the world to gain unimaginable powers.

PF2__7_.gif

The popular turn-based mod for Pathfinder: Kingmaker has been refined and integrated into the game for launch. You can freely switch between turn-based and RtwP mode, and both offer their own strategic challenges.

PF2__9_.gif

Character building is even more dense and complex than in Kingmaker. Now featuring 25 base classes, 13 prestige classes and more than 160 archetypes, some of them race-specific. Customize and equip your animal companions, including new dinosaurs, and ride them into battle with new mounted combat classes and feats!

With a host of new powerful magical artifacts and, perhaps most important of all, mythic powers, your party is more customizable than ever.

Base Classes

Prestige Classes

PF2__8_.gif

Mythical powers by themselves may not be enough to conquer the Worldwound - you'll need a host of loyal crusaders by your side. Like Kingmaker, companions have their own quests and objectives along the way. This time around they are quite a bit more talkative and reactive, though, especially as you begin to choose which mythical path you'll walk.

More may be found of varying persuasions, but there are twelve "main" companions. Click portraits for more info!

Seelah
Class: Paladin​

Camelia
Class: Shaman​

Lann
Class: Monk (Zen Archer)​

Wenduag
Class: Fighter​

Woljif Jefto
Class: Rogue (Eldritch Scoundrel)​

Ember
Class: Witch (Stigmatized Witch)​

Daeran
Class: Oracle​

Nenio
Class: Wizard (Scoll Savant)​

Sosiel
Class: Cleric​

Regill
Class: Fighter(Armiger)/Hellknight​

Arueshalae
Class: Ranger (Espionage Expert)​

Greybor
Class: Slayer​

PF2__3_.gif

Crusade Management
The Pathfinder cRPGs stand out by having not only a dense and complicated story and battle system, but also a dense and often complicated meta layer. For Wrath of the Righteous, the kingdom management system from Pathfinder: Kingmaker has been (somewhat) replaced with crusade management, which is broadly split into two parts.

• As the leader of the crusade you will recruit armies of soldiers, appoint their leaders and move them around the world map to fight demonic armies in a simplified version of Heroes of Might and Magic. Generals can cast spells on the battlefield, gain experience and level up, allowing them to choose new spells and/or feats to bolster their armies. The types of troops you have access to will change as your build your crusade, make decisions with your various war councils and continue growing your Mythic abilities.​
  • You also have an administration system that will be much more familiar to players of the first game. Your companions and other important NPCs will be appointed to a handful of advisory councils. As crusade quests, problems and projects arise, you will assign them to your advisers to solve. As these issues take a certain number of days to resolve it's not always possible to have everything being addressed at once.​

This system wasn't as fleshed out in the beta as others, and Owlcat hasn't released a ton of information otherwise, so there will still be plenty to learn after the game launches. This section will be updated appropriately.

PF2__6_.gif

New Player Advice & Guides
Wrath of the Righteous is a very number dense game. It has decent tutorialization and a pretty solid interface considering how much is going on, but be prepared to read a lot of tooltips, and then a lot more. Some very basic, high level new player tips are below though for people with no knowledge of Pathfinder or similar D&D-style games.

• The first thing to remember is that there are exceptions to pretty much every rule in the game, some just more common than others. We'll cover some of the basics below but prepare for those to change.
  • Pathfinder is based on a table top game and a lot of terminology from those is still used. The most prominent is probably how different size dice are abbreviated. If you see "d20" in game it means a 20-sided dice. Same for d4, d6, d8 etc. Multiple dice of a size have a number before the "d" and can include modifiers after the die size. So if your weapon damage is 2d6+7 it means that every time you hit an enemy the game rolls 2 6-sided dice and adds 7 to their combined roll.
  • When you attack an enemy or are attacked the system rolls (at least one) d20 and adds your/their attack modifier to the roll. That number must match or exceed the target's armor class to score a hit and roll damage.
  • Spells often work the same way, only with a d20 roll + your caster level versus a d20 roll + the opponents reflex/fortitude/will save modifier depending on the spell. Not all spells allow the opponent to save, though, and others still have a partial effect even in the opponent does save against them.
  • As a general rule, a natural 20 (so rolling a 20 on the dice, no modifiers) always hits and a natural 1 always misses regardless of how modifiers play out.
  • Weapons have a small range of natural values at which they can score a critical hit. This will be written as something like "19-20 x2", which means the weapon can score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 (unmodified) and when it does critical it'll do 2x damage.
  • Just rolling those values doesn't mean you score the critical hit, though - the game rolls again to confirm the critical and that roll must also overcome their armor class. So you can roll a 20 (which is a guaranteed hit and in the threat range of every weapon), but unless the confirmation roll is also high enough you will only hit, not crit.
  • Critical threat ranges and multipliers can be expanded through feats, spells, artifacts and class abilities.
  • There are six primary stats in the game and each tends to govern certain modifiers:
    • Strength affects attack/damage rolls with most melee weapons and certain ranged weapons
    • Dexterity governs most ranged combat but also certain melee weapons should you choose particular feats, can increase your AC and increases your reflex save
    • Constitution increases your HP and fortitude save
    • Wisdom governs spell casting for most divine casters (paladins, clerics, druids etc.) and increases your will save
    • Intelligence governs spell casting for some arcane casters (wizards, witches etc.) and increases how many skill points you receive each level
    • Charisma governs spell casting for some casters (sorcerors, certain archetypes) and influences a lot of speech/intimidation checks
  • Of these, strength/dex for classes that fight with weapons and a caster's spellcasting attribute are the ones to pay the most attention to
  • There are two broad categories of spell casters – prepared and spontaneous. In general prepared casters have a wider variety of options if they know what you're in for while spontaneous casters are more adaptive when you don't.
    • Prepared casters, like witches, wizards, druids and clerics, can learn a large array of spells but can only cast a small number of them per rest, and must prepare those spells in advance. So if you only prepare one cast of fireball for the day then after you cast that fireball you need to rest before casting fireball again.
    • Spontaneous casters, like sorcerers, bards and oracles, only learn a relatively small number of spells but can cast a larger number of them in any combination they want per rest.
  • Again, there are exceptions to I think everything I just typed. If something weird happens, read tooltips, you probably ran in to one.

Written Guides

Video Guides

Bolshy Plays - A nice mix of strong-but-roleplay-friendly.
Mortismal Gaming - More informational, but also a few build guides.
Samori Sykes - A good mixture, with builds tending towards the roleplay side. Older build videos are a bit rough as he was obviously still learning the system a lot.

Media

da66bedfbc4fe54a5d74940b468ea4f8_original.gif

4216a7dfbe3e85703a00c3651bd18f34_original.gif

d6880db3b81870ba83dba0f0f2f8e162_original.gif

System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel(R) Intel HD Graphics 620
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    • Storage: 50 GB available space

FAQ
Q: I backed this game in the Kickstarter – how do I claim my rewards?
A: Go to Wrath.Owlcatgames.com and create an account through the portal. You can choose your keys and any other digital stuff there.
Q: Do I need to have played Kingmaker to enjoy this?
A: No. They are different storylines that just happen to be set in the same world. There might be a few callouts for people who played Kingmaker but it's not necessary.

Q: Are some NPCs romanceable?
A: Yes! If you want to be spoiled on who and by what genders, check here.

Q: Should I play turn-based or real time?
A: If you're new to the game you might want to try turn-based at first to help get your head around the system. Ultimately though why not both? You can switch freely between the two systems depending on what type of encounter you're facing.

Q: Are certain quests timed?
A: Yes. Everything I've seen in the beta has been marked, though. So at least you know.

Last edited:

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
That actually reminds me. By the time all the DLC had come out, I'd been too busy to play the game.

Which ones, map to which companions and/or sidekicks?

When I pick this game back up, I want to bring the proper party to these encounters.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
That actually reminds me. By the time all the DLC had come out, I'd been too busy to play the game.

When I pick this game back up, I want to bring the proper party to these encounters.

As I recall, Beast of Winter has a new sidekick (Vatnir), plus Ydwin is recommended. SSS has some extra stuff for Konstantin. For Forgotten Sanctum, it's Fassina.

I couldn't say which of the original companions has the best reactions to the different DLCs.

Rytheran

Oct 27, 2017
Just outside Holtburg

Going by the in game quest recommended companions: SSS: Konstantin, Forgotten Sanctum: Aloth and Fassina, Beast of Winter: Vatnir and Ydwin (Though there's a couple quests in BoW that recommend some others, one in particular recommends Eder and Xoti - And I wish I'd taken Xoti now)

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Was about to gave up on Forgotten Sanctum final boss and just lower the difficulty and call it a day.

Glad I keep persevering, got lucky run and it didn't use wall of many color early in the fight. Trying to dominate/charm the adds makes a huge difference and thank fking god the last 25% health threshold it only summon a single add.

Jesus the difficulty spike is insane. The worst part of the fight is how clusterfuck everything is. Tooke several run to realize Delayed Fireball from the adds is what killing my backrow people at. Who knows how many other stuff I miss.

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
I beat POE 1 for the first time last week and jumped straight into POE 2. I'm kind of amazed at how great these games are. Their combination of good writing and story and deep RPG systems is so, so good.

For POE 2 i'm playing a single class ascendant. digging it so far.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I never finished POE2, but I am replaying it while slowly making progress in Divinity OS2.
Want to play as an evil character, but I am having a hard time to figure out what that means in Pillars.
Anyway, it is a real shame that this game didn't sell more.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
This afternoon Josh did a talk on Twitch about reputation systems, their evolution over the years, pros/cons etc. Games discussed include Darklands, FO1/2/NV, BG, Deadfire and Disco Elysium. Lots of good insight from a smart dude who went one system too far in designing Deadfire's reputation web that gave him perspective on the entire topic.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
I'm finally playing this game. I have been postponing it for a long time.

I'm only 23 hours in so far, but it has been one of the best experiences with the genre I had. Obsidian has finally done what I thought this project could be, which is a Baldur's Gate game with design philosophy more akin to Fallout, and they have delivered beyond my wildest expectations. The sidequests in this game are nothing short of brilliant. They account for so many approaches, to the point that stealth is an entirely valid playstyle (I did the two dungeon maps of the Old City ruins entirely by sneaking around, and I can still count my combat encounters I've had so far -which has caused me to still not really getting acostumed to the new combat system-. They really took the criticism of too many trash mobs to heart). Plus, with the focus on factions, there's a lot of interplay between quests, creating this massive web where most things feeds into one another beyond a simple +1 reputation.

And Neketaka might be my favorite town in an RPG when all it's said and done. Sigil is brilliant, but I kinda love the colonial setting and themes a bit more so far. Besides, it's just goddamn gorgeous to look at.

Anyway, just wanted to gush for a bit. I knew I would like it a lot, I loved the first one despite its many flaws, but they kinda delivered my ideal RPG, tailored perfectly to my own tastes. I have my nitpicks, sure, but this is it, this is exactly what I wanted Project Eternity to be when I backed it in 2012.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah I've been putting together a mod list for a new run. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that there's a small mod community still going, mostly for balance tweaks but also new/changed classes/subclasses.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
This afternoon Josh did a talk on Twitch about reputation systems, their evolution over the years, pros/cons etc. Games discussed include Darklands, FO1/2/NV, BG, Deadfire and Disco Elysium. Lots of good insight from a smart dude who went one system too far in designing Deadfire's reputation web that gave him perspective on the entire topic.

For all of Josh's warnings about why the topics system ended up causing more headaches (and resource problems) than hand-scripting without providing more natural relationship dynamics from the player's POV, I still wonder if there are some design adjustments that could make the concept work.

I found the DE part interesting because its incorporation of tags into skill checks is so intuitive (and familiar from tabletop playing and from the way serial dialogue checks sometimes work in Obsidian's RPGs) that I didn't even register it as a system.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I guess I didn't even think it worked badly in Deadfire outside of obvious bugs or a small number of edge cases like the one he described. But even that I didn't personally think was the worst. Pallegina and Xoti would almost certainly hate eachother within a day or so lol

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I think for a first try, the system worked remarkably well.

I DO think it is a better idea for a party of no-names with randomly generated traits, but even for prebuilts I liked it.

Do we know if Josh is working on anything else? I love his work, and he is low key my favorite public-facing game designer.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Do we know if Josh is working on anything else? I love his work, and he is low key my favorite public-facing game designer.

I heard he decided to take a break from directing a couple of years ago after Deadfire, can't see any indication that he's working on something at the moment. Is he full-time at Obsidian? Might be he's working on something currently unrevealed.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah he's been on a project for awhile, though I don't know if it's been revealed that he's directing or not. It seems likely that aside from Grounded/Outer Worlds DLC there are two other projects going at Obsidian - a big RPG and then a small/medium team doing something unknown that Josh is working on. Dialogue trees have been confirmed but I think that's it.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Small-medium is my jam.

More likely to be an isometric RPG that way.

I am hoping for Pillars 3 just ploppled right on top of the Pillars 2 engine w/ minimal changes. That might make it profitable enough to be worth making? Right? Right?!!

:(

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure how a direct sequel to Deadfire would play out. There are certainly some new threads to follow (with the sea to the East opened up and finding where Rekke comes from) but the central god-plot diverged pretty massively so it might be tough to follow up both threads in a satisfactory manner while still retaining that central conflict.