• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
This is a great game folks, if you played the first and didn't like that take a second look at this sequel if you haven't it's much improved.

Mar 19, 2019
Pillars of Eternity duology more like fantastic series deserving of all the love in the world.

Really excited for this, never got to play more than a few minutes of a friend's copy of PoE2.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Now that they have made it turn-based, this should be more favourable outcome with folks with controllers. I will have to check it out in the future.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Will it go to Game Pass? Totally fine if it doesn't, just curious because of Obsidian.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice timing.

I'm sitting at the end of the Throne of Bhaal after having played nothing but Baldur's Gate for the past 2 months, so a January release date gives me time to wrap that up and delve into Planescape (perhaps Icewind Dale too).

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Game's not perfect but I had a great time with it. Anyone who doesn't have an immovable hatred for RTwP combat will probably find Deadfire to be one of the best offerings of that system.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so damn good. Don't worry about playing the first one, just dive in. Easily my favorite game I played this year.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious to see how this does on consoles. I'd be really bummed if 2 doing so poorly means we don't see any more Pillars for a long time. The universe and lore is fascinating. Hopefully it gets some good word of mouth and sales on console since it won't be hampered by the issues that it released with on PC (hopefully).

Game's not perfect but I had a great time with it. Anyone who doesn't have an immovable hatred for RTwP combat will probably find Deadfire to be one of the best offerings of that system.

The turn-based mode is pretty good from what i've heard for those who dislike RTwP.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice! Seems to be console only, if you want it on PC I assume you just suck it up and shell out for the DLC individually?

Will it go to Game Pass? Totally fine if it doesn't, just curious because of Obsidian.

I sure hope so! Although I also hope that is GamePass PC, while turn based mode probably controls ok on console, I feel like the text for NPC's and items in the game are going to be pretty small on TV.... but maybe they will surprise me ;)

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Hate to say it but RTwP will never not feel clunky with a controller. It is a system most at ease with KB & M and/or touch screen. Turn based is far more conducive to the console w/ controller environment.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Great, will probably get it on Switch, but not on day 1. PoE1 on Switch launched with major game breaking bugs that were only recently patched.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Please buy this if you're interested in CRPGs.

I don't think the setting (a mixture of polynesian and colonial) has been featured enough in games, nor some of its themes (like colonialism, self-determination and such). Even if the main quest is underwhelming, some of its sidequests (which are, tbh, the actual meat of the game) more than make up for it.

I haven't reached the DLC areas yet though.