• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Thread posted on behalf of Minsc

Rumored to be making it to the Switch for a while, looks like it'll be here soon. Supports vertical play orientation and HD rumble! Sadly it seems no carrying over previously purchased tables from the Wii U or 3DS, but I'm not sure how much that blame falls on who. For people new to the game or who don't have many prior tables, it's no big deal at least...

Zen Studios PR said:
Pinball FX3 and the Nintendo Switch are a perfect match! The world's biggest, most community-driven pinball service is coming to the Nintendo Switch very soon as a free download for all players!

Tailored specifically to make use of the unique possibilities of the system, Pinball FX3 will support vertical monitor orientation and HD Rumble, giving the game the perfect feel on this awesome handheld system.

On the Switch, you'll get unprecedented mobility to earn the coveted first spot on a leaderboard. When that high-score and feeling is lit and you are in the flow, but need to catch a train – now you can! The transition from the living room to mobile is seamless with Switch, we're really excited about this.

With HD Rumble support you'll feel like you're playing a real pinball table, and you really feel the kick of the bumpers. Want to get a good overview of the playfield? Flip your Switch vertically and observe the workings of the table from a fresh point-of-view.

With tons of new single and multiplayer features and a deep progression system you'll keep coming back for more as you explore a collection of 30 beautifully crafted pinball tables at launch, and more to come.

Try your skill against other players with the Matchup system, where you can challenge players of your skill level and beat their score to advance to the top of the league! Play Tournaments created by Zen or other players, or create your own and compete with the whole community regardless of platform, or just your friends to hone your skill and win the ultimate bragging rights!

Become a better player with Challenge modes and learn entirely different tactics in the 1-Ball, 5 Minute and Survival challenges. Max out each of them to unlock the Wizard Powers of each table which, like the Rewind, Score Boost or Slow-Motion powers will give you an edge on the leaderboards and open up new possibilities of playing the game.

The game features Sorcerer's Lair, a beloved Zen original pinball table with the free download, and the following tables will be available at launch:

• Universal Classics™ Pinball (Back to the Future, E.T., Jaws)
• Aliens vs. Pinball (Aliens, Alien vs. Predator, Alien: Isolation)
• Balls of Glory (Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Archer, American Dad!)
• Portal
• The Walking Dead
• Sorcerer's Lair (free)
• Carnivals & Legends (Adventure Land Pinball, Son of Zeus)
• Zen Classics (Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, V12)
• Core Collection (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep)
• Medieval Pack (Epic Quest, Excalibur)
• Sci-Fi Pack (Mars, Paranormal, Earth Defense)
• Iron & Steel (Wild West Rampage, CastleStorm)

We are very excited to expand our love of pinball to the Nintendo Switch, a console that electrified the gaming industry this year. Zen Studios is proud to join the prestigious and quickly growing library on the system with Pinball FX3.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Defiently in. When it was initially announced I was wondering where the switch version was.

Not sure I've had a month like this before with a Nintendo platform. Too many games I want.

ChillyBilly

Oct 27, 2017
This was the best news announced this week, well, it was for me anyway. Can't wait for the 14th!!

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to download and try it. Most of my tables are on PC though.

I really wish pinball games like this would offer some sort of central store where you buy tables, then sign in on each platform and they unlock whichever tables you've bought. I suppose that might not cover the cost of licensing and development, though.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
That's cool, is there a motion control to be able to send in new balls (can't watch video at work)?

Dragonfly224

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ouch my wallet. Last pinball game I played was Pokémon Pinball on the Gameboy Color.
I'll grab The Walking Dead and Balls of Glory set along with this title.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Has potential for awesome HD rumble

I wonder if it will be f2p like the WiiU one

Yes, the PR says it will be f2p (and it is on the other platforms it's released on as well).

I imagine they'll give one table like always for free, probably Sorcerer's Lair, which is a favorite of people anyway, then all the others will be free to try, and pay to unlock.

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh very nice!
I don't know quite how many tables I have on Wii U and 3DS, but it's a bunch, so I'm happy they all transfer as well.
Already ordered the physical copy of Stern Pinball Arcade and I'm hoping we'll see the regular Pinball Arcade being ported as well. Would love to have a whole bunch of them on a single cart.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
awesome. But I wonder if the tables you bought on Xbox One will come over as well...Doubt it but that would be nice.
Seems unlikely, since it doesn't currently work for Steam/Xbox.

I'd actually love for this to be the case, because now I've got all my tables on PS4 and I'd rather have them on my PC and/or Switch.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, but still waiting for The Pinball Arcade on Switch. Much prefer recreations of real tables.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, but still waiting for The Pinball Arcade on Switch. Much prefer recreations of real tables.

That's been announced as well actually. No date though, and knowing FarSight, it'll be a long wait, and plenty of bugs. It would be nice having both on the Switch though I agree.

I do rather prefer the new features in Pinball FX3 though. I like how every table has a 1 ball challenge, and a 5 minute challenge, and so forth. And all the goals and different things to achieve, really adds a lot to the depth of the tables beyond simple high scores.

I looking forward to seeing how it plays with the Switch's HD rumble and using the portrait mode in a stand with the joy cons detached.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Vertical mode in table top for pinball games sounds just brilliant. I'm really looking forward to this title.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense...

Already saw a Chess game on the eshop, and recently as well there was Monopoly

Gotta cover ALL da genres

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
I was really jazzed to hear this the other day. Was patiently waiting at the hints they'd dropped prior via Twitter. Instant buy for me..! The new leveling system in this version looks really fun/hook inducing.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn i might have to give this a go. Always enjoy me some pinball, and on the go seems like a no brainer. Hope the HD rumble is well implemented

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Excellent, need more games that support vertical orientation. And free to start too!