• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Two days before its official release, pirated versions of the hotly anticipated Super Mario Party have leaked online, highlighting Nintendo's struggle to fight piracy on the Switch.

The game—in two different file formats—is being widely shared on torrent sites, in piracy-focused Discord channels, and in gaming mod forums, where people talk about how to modify their consoles to play homebrew, unlicensed, and pirated games.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...rio-party-leaks-online-nintendo-switch-piracy

It seems this is gonna be a recurring problem on Switch moving forward.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think that's why Sakurai wants to announce everyone in Smash in advance, games leaking are just too much of a risk in this day and age.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a result of a physical leak? aka someone selling the game early?

YuriCloud3

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Advocating Piracy
Awesome game. Been playing it for research. And is really fun

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The eShop version went up several weeks ago. This has to be a physical copy. Honestly 2 days before is nothing. I recall Mario Galaxy getting leaked nearly two weeks before retail on Wii.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
2 days isnt that bad

i remember 360 games would leak 2 weeks+ early because it was so widespread.

chauler

Sep 5, 2018
Possibly the person who bought a copy of it off that eBay listing for like $7k? That'd be my guess.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Pirated copies, wow I didn't think it was that bad.
Nintendo need to release that Mariko revision ASAP.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
It is a physical copy converted to eshop format. Nintendo has really worked hard to stop piracy but Tegra's flaw is super bad for them....

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
And this is why NOA has gotten so stupidly strict with their review copies that even sites like Nintendo World Report who prove their worth no longer get review copies from them, yet NOE still provides them. They can barely trust those who aren't in their ambassador program due to assholes who dump their review copies to the internet and screw over dozens of other reviewers in the process.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That sucks. Hopefully they can ban the consoles.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its a physical dump. Either street date break or some reviewer dumped it again. For any one keeping track, it just released in Asia so that's the source of the dump: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/9l73ui/mario_party_is_released_in_asia/

Pirated copies, wow I didn't think it was that bad.
Nintendo need to release that Mariko revision ASAP.

The physical flaw was already fixed months ago. But ain't much you're going to do about nearly twenty million compromised systems out there.

Thanks, nVidia.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Okay ? What's the big news about a title being online 1-2 days before release ?

You can find physical copys if Nintendo's titles here always a couple days before launch depending on the retailer.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friend who hacked his using a dongle thing is already playing. From what I know the dongle made the process a lot easier, like just a few minutes needed. It came with a clip rcm which I even used.

Nvidia fucked up with this one

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems this is gonna be a recurring problem on Switch moving forward
No offense, but how about you stop signal boosting each and every tiny development in the "hacking" ( piracy enabling) scene. All you do is incentivise more and more people to pirate.
" Oh, it's that easy?" " I can get it for free and early?"

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Revised, unhackable Switch revision is already out, actually.
Most people still under the impresion that is a Wii tier hack (is not) and that is wide spread or in the level that people can spoof emselves out of a ban or rip from the eShop, personally, let em, reallity check will prove em how wrong they are

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
No offense, but how about you stop signal boosting each and every small development in the hacking scene. All you do is incentivise more and more piracy.
A bunch of stuff is being posted that isn't relevant to 99% of the audience ...we had a thread that made it look like every second player in Splatoon 2 online is a cheater/hacker when it was just one lost soul sacrifing his account for 10 seconds of game.

I get that big development in that area are posted and brought up on Era...but not every small hacking/HB related event is a big deal.

I could be wrong but it's not the best look.

If Super Mario Party leaked a couple of weeks ago ....yeah this would be news worthy. But this ? All it does is tell you that the game is being pirated and that hackers don't care lol.
Most people still under the impresion that is a Wii tier hack (is not) and that is wide spread or in the level that people can spoof emselves out of a ban or rip from the eShop, personally, let em, reallity check will prove em how wrong they are
It's all about perception ...the way Homebrew Switch news gets posted here you would assume it's wide open and everyone has access to this, which isn't the case.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness Nintendo is protecting their platform from hackers by disabling save data backups to SD cards

oh wait a second

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took to long for someone to cry about Nintendo protecting his stuff

Btw. The entry point was an Nvidia hardware flaw, Nintendo locking out SD Card have work wonders so far

I feel very protected that I have to pay money to back up my saves in any way, yes

I am abundantly aware how the Switch has been hacked, just as I am abundantly aware that it will almost certainly be hacked in the future regardless of hardware fixes.

But sure I'm crying alrighty then

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bro, did I strike or nerve?

You tell me. You're the one telling people they're crying and responding to criticism of your stance with BroPosts

You're free to go on doing whatever this is that you're doing, and I'll continue to have a legitimate complaint about the lack of free, reliable save backups which seems to be a standard as far as I'm concerned. You don't have to Bro people just because Nintendo is restricting SD save backups as an inelegant solution to combat hacking.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know they figured out a way to play games on hacked Switches.

Thought they only got up to homebrew stuff.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that guy that "paid" $7000 lol.

Probably an eShop rip or a street date break.

You can't decrypt a pre-load. Nintendo has to send the key for the game to unlock, so this is not possible. The obvious answer is its a simple street break/Asia dump since the game is out in part of the world already.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much street cred these people get for a 48 hour leak. It barely seems worth the effort or legal risk.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No offense, but how about you stop signal boosting each and every tiny development in the "hacking" ( piracy enabling) scene. All you do is incentivise more and more people to pirate.
" Oh, it's that easy?" " I can get it for free and early?"

No offense, but this isn't something for you to worry about. This is Nintendos problem, and they seem to be doing ok financially. They also seem to be on top of the hacking problems, thus far.

You just accused him of a crime and asked him to stop committing said crime then prefaced it with "no offense".

CoL

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested to see if someone datamined it and found evidence of post release content like in Mario Tennis aces.