• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

God of War is coming to PC, and wouldn't you know it, zealous PlayStation fans are up in arms! They see betrayal, contempt, and even hate, almost as if they put far too much emotional stock in a corporation.

That stake, and the assumption that someone "deserves" exclusivity in return for their loyalty, interests me. Plus it's just funny to see overenthusiastic fans lose their minds.

Kaowabanga

Banned
Jun 19, 2021
User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling over mental health; prior ban for trolling in a sensitive thread and account in junior phase
I'm probably going to be banned for this but the more I watch Jim Sterling the more I become concerned for Jim's mental health. I feel like they should maybe take a break.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how some Nintendo fans would react if they decided to port BotW to promote BotW2.

Every company has its own zealots that hate everything that isn't the piece of plastic they choose. It's also possible that a lot of these fanboys are just 12-year olds that don't know any better.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be an incredibly small minority of people. This does nothing but help further the Playstation brand which is good for Playstation fans. You'd have to be an incredible weirdo to be against the PC ports.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen a single person complaining about GoW coming to PC tho

While there's merit in discussing how companies foster this bahvior when it comes to exclusivity, I do share your sentiment though. I hardly saw any real backlash, at least not like before. Few fanboys taking the piss here and there but not much else

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, was there that much outrage, felt like i slept thru the whole week after watching this.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This has to be an incredibly small minority of people. This does nothing but help further the Playstation brand which is good for Playstation fans. You'd have to be an incredible weirdo to be against the PC ports.

No, you'd just have to be a console fanboy. Of which there are plenty and many.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm probably going to be banned for this but the more I watch Jim Sterling the more I become concerned for this guy's mental health. I feel like he should maybe take a break.
Mental health? What are you - a professional psychiatrist or something? What, specifically, are you seeing in these videos to lead you to mental health issues?

Oct 27, 2017
The outcry/shock was strong back in the Horizon Zero Dawn announcement but it's making less and less noise with every new announcement. It's also interesting to see how Sony is not hiding anymore when announcing PC ports. Unlike Horizon, which was very controlled and put into context, God of War had a full PS Blog post, Twitter post and trailer on YouTube, just like a new big PS5 announcement. You can see the marketing does not feel the need to be cautious anymore with PC releases.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Oh there is a guy on the psblogs that literally has the name no Pc ports and the god of war face. There are many who and mad about it. Lmao even some here making some weird ass justifications as why it shouldnt happen lol.

marecki

Aug 2, 2018
This seems very overblown, apart from some internet idiots and trolls I'm yet to see anyone complaining.

Kaowabanga

Banned
Jun 19, 2021
Jim Stephanie Sterling is not a "guy", they are non-binary and uses they/them pronouns.

Edit: oops too slow
Jim, rather Steph Sterling came out as non binary. You're using "he" for a "they" (see the thread note at the bottom https://www.resetera.com/threads/ja...mes-is-good-probably-the-jimquisition.279704/)
Refer to James Stephanie Sterling as their correct pronouns, they / them.

Fixed.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, but if PC wasn't your primary platform to begin with, then all the PC port announcements are irrelevant to you.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
People will get worked up over anything. I still remember some weirdo smashing a PS4 because Genshin Impact looked like Zelda

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
You've not been paying attention. Wouldn't it be better to ask for examples of outrage instead of this approach?
Because barring even this forum, I can cite examples from the PS Blog, from Reddit, and from Twitter that show that no, it's not simply a handful of people "melting down" over GOW on PC.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
At least on this side of the world Gow was trending topic when it was announced on pc and the vast mayority were positive things.

People should stop focusing so much on the negative all the time.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's strange that there are people who still complain about this kind of stuff. If anything, it helps to build an even bigger budget for future titles in the respective series. At worst...nothing happens. You still get to play your game on your console.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Concern Trolling over Mental Health; History of Trolling
I'm probably going to be banned for this but the more I watch Jim Sterling the more I become concerned for Jim's mental health. I feel like they should maybe take a break.

EDIT: Fixed.
Yeah, been saying this for months ever since that video where they said that they hate that they made gaming their job

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
There were half a dozen at least in the reveal thread here on ERA I added to my ignore list. Going off about how it 'devalues the brand' and saying Sony might as well stop making consoles if they put old games on PC

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I've definitely seen people complain about it, even on here. It's very weird. I don't care about the ports coming 3-5 years after the console release, and I won't care if Sony ever decides to release on PC day one with consoles. It doesn't affect me at all and just seems like a very petulant attitude to have.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
What's wrong with people complaining about false advertising? Yeah there are crazy people who take everything too far but we'll that's the internet