• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- The snarky comment was aimed at some of the producers/collaborators of the album. The rest of the review is not really like that

- 6.5 is not a bad score on Pitchfork

- The site is not really that smart-ass place from early 2000s where that basically everything that wasn't Radiohead or indie as fuck was shit

- She clearly didn't know where the building was located. It was a unfortunate mistake.

- Maybe she should have read the full review? Or maybe not read anything if she's gonna react like that.

I actually like the site, because is way more nuanced that people think these days and a lot of reviews from past albums or reedited stuff, includes lot of interesting snippets of music history.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Whoopsy, haha.

Anyway. Don't know her. Now i have to give it a listen.

edit: ookay. Heard enough. Not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Haha yeah, it's certainly her best work but if you don't like the style then it's going to do nothing for you. Personally I really dug these 2 tracks as I relate very heavily with the lyrics but the rest I can mostly take or leave.
Thanx. Gave them a listen. 929 is a pretty good song! Because the seemingly (i don't know her) honest and personal lyrics.
3 a.m. sounds like a dime in a dozen happy pop song to me :P. Could be anybody.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
To be fair, Pitchfork ranked discovery ion their top 10 albums of the 00s— not the only time they lowballed something just to walk it back.

True, that was my point, the review has proven to be nonsense, that the review itself is indefensible. The History of popular music has proven as such. It's ok to call a spade a spade sometimes. What on earth does anyone possibly get from going to bat for such a review? It's simply
2edgyforthisFanboy to understand

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I don't have a problem with what was said at all. Did you know pitchfork was located at the new trade center? I didn't and she immediately apologized for the joke.

Oct 29, 2017
Even if she didn't know where Pitchfork was headquartered, she should show a tad more composure and not make jokes about wanting buildings to collapse because they didn't kiss her ass enough.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): Inappropriate commentary over a series of posts
Americans need to get the fuck over 9/11 jesus christ. BuT pEoPlE dIeD!!!!!!!!

Oct 26, 2017
If their review of The Fragile hadn't already tipped me off, this would be all I needed to see that Pitchfork's existence has no value for me whatsoever.

Lol a 2!? if it matters at all the rerelease in 2017 as a definitive edition got an 8.7 from them.

That's part of what I like about pitchfork though is that they let their reviewers do their thing, and it often leads to strange scores. They are still a decent resource for discovery and news as well.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pitchfork always go too far when they don't like something. Criticism doesn't have to have SIcK BuRNs!!!!11flamemojis littered throughout the review.

It's childish

Huh? Do you tell Jewish people to get over the Holocaust too?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Pitchfork always go too far when they don't like something. Criticism doesn't have to have SIcK BuRNs!!!!11flamemojis littered throughout the review.

It's childish

Huh? Do you tell Jewish people to get over the Holocaust too?
Did you just compare 9/11 to the Holocaust....................... yikes

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit! We got a genuine edge lord in here!!!

My deepest apologies, m'lord! We shall never consider a tragedy that killed thousands in common conversation again, m'lord! Perhaps to cleanse the palette of this whole torrid affair we could interest you in some dead baby jokes? We've got an 09 Louis CK vintage in the back that you might find more to your appetite...

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't comparing which one was worse. I'm simply calling to attention how absurd it is to tell a population to just "get over" a tragic event which resulted in a mass casualty of Innocent people.

I'm not even mad at Halsey here, she made a genuine mistake. It's actually quite funny.

But for you to then come up with this "PEopLe DiED" shit?
My uncle succumbed to his lung failure from inhaling all that smoke that day, you fucking asshole. I'm just supposed to get over that?

Last edited:

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
The Axwell remix of her song Graveyard is fire.

Because he mixed her out of it and thus I had literally no clue it was a Halsey original and found out like a month after it released.

Agreed, the synth leads give me flashbacks to end-of-the-90s NYC hard house. Really great job by Axwell (the most talented member of the Mafia imo)

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Interesting. I was expecting other sites to have similar scores based on her past albums, but the reviews are pretty positive. P4K is fairly weird with their reviews, but that's to be expected when you rely on only one person to review each album. I read somewhere that the final P4K score is created by many people on their team, but I personally don't believe it. I think a score system like famitsu actually would work better for music, but only if each member wasn't swayed by each other.

Her comment was completely trashy regardless. There's always going to be people that don't like your stuff, she needs to get over it.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
9/11 was a tragedy. But about 3,000 people died in 9/11. And then America got into two wars that murdered 150,000+ civilians.

Americans often joke about Afghanistan and Iraq. But 9/11 has some level of reverence demanded over it.

I was responding to a ridiculous post. I wasn't comparing 9/11 to the war in Iraq/Afghanistan.