• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
So my phone said it had an update and I updated it. About 2 hours later it went into a boot loop and then shut off completely and will not turn on. Anyway else encounter this, and am I screwed?

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Just got notice of my trade in being received. They initially said I would receive ~$325. They dropped that $265. I even have the initial email. No cracks, it turns on and I did the factory reset.

It's fucking shady as hell. Now the trade ins are offering $265. They have dropped their price even more.

They must have had a price collapse. They gave $400 last year for a pixel 1 xl. Offered $325 this year and now dropped the price. Each year is like a fuck you.

It was helpful not having to go thru other channels to sell a phone. But this sucks.

Husker86

Oct 27, 2017
Just got notice of my trade in being received. They initially said I would receive ~$325. They dropped that $265. I even have the initial email. No cracks, it turns on and I did the factory reset.

It's fucking shady as hell. Now the trade ins are offering $265. They have dropped their price even more.

They must have had a price collapse. They gave $400 last year for a pixel 1 xl. Offered $325 this year and now dropped the price. Each year is like a fuck you.

It was helpful not having to go thru other channels to sell a phone. But this sucks.
Well damn. Now I'm considering not sending in my wife's S8+. I'd get $220, but that's already almost not worth it since I like having other phones for development. If they give me less I'd be regretful. Probably shouldn't have chosen that option and just had them send it back if so.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well damn. Now I'm considering not sending in my wife's S8+. I'd get $220, but that's already almost not worth it since I like having other phones for development. If they give me less I'd be regretful. Probably shouldn't have chosen that option and just had them send it back if so.

What carrier is your s8+? What's the condition? I'd be interested in buying it for $220

Inkd

Oct 27, 2017
US
So my phone said it had an update and I updated it. About 2 hours later it went into a boot loop and then shut off completely and will not turn on. Anyway else encounter this, and am I screwed?
I had this happen to me on the 4th. Got an error message saying that it couldn't find the OS. Had to go through Verizon to get it replaced.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I had this happen to me on the 4th. Got an error message saying that it couldn't find the OS. Had to go through Verizon to get it replaced.

Yeah I went to a Verizon store, and got it exchanged. They said it was past warrenty but they exchanged it anyway. They said the warrenty was 14 days! Is that normal? I thought most electronics were 90. I had only owned it for like 30. My confidence is a little shaken after having it die so soon...

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
The dark theme for the Phone app was added for me a couple of days ago and it looks great.

But damn if Verizon is ever taking their good sweet time in the RCS rollout. I still don't have it enabled on my 3XL.

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
Hows the selfie cameras on the Pixel 3? Hows the lowlight? Anyone has an album of the front snappers in action?

Last edited:

Husker86

Oct 27, 2017
What carrier is your s8+? What's the condition? I'd be interested in buying it for $220
Sorry, missed this.

All this thinking about it makes me want to keep it now, which is stupid because It already takes me an embarrassing amount of time to grab the phone I actually have activated from my desk. I really gotta stop buying all black phones.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I went to a Verizon store, and got it exchanged. They said it was past warrenty but they exchanged it anyway. They said the warrenty was 14 days! Is that normal? I thought most electronics were 90. I had only owned it for like 30. My confidence is a little shaken after having it die so soon...

That's definitely wrong. My Pixel 2 XL is having some problems and I'm getting a replacement because it's still under warranty.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Are the initial stories of 4gb ram linked to issues of multi tasking over the top? Is the phone speedy at all times?

Thinking of upgrading from my Galaxy S8 but worried that I won't see a huge difference. My main reason for wanting to upgrade is the better camera and clean OS.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are the initial stories of 4gb ram linked to issues of multi tasking over the top? Is the phone speedy at all times?

Thinking of upgrading from my Galaxy S8 but worried that I won't see a huge difference. My main reason for wanting to upgrade is the better camera and clean OS.
You will be very happy switching if camera and clean os are your main issues.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, just got an email about giving a friend a code for $100-150 off for Pixel 3/XL and you get $100 in the Google store.

I thought it was linked to the aggressive battery manager?

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, just got an email about giving a friend a code for $100-150 off for Pixel 3/XL and you get $100 in the Google store.

I thought it was linked to the aggressive battery manager?
I'll use it if you aren't planning to give it to anyone else. Pm me

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
So I got my Pixel 3 today - loving it so far! Camera is incredible and such a huge upgrade from my old S8 camera. Happy so far!

Any recommendations for screen protectors available in the UK?

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
So I got my Pixel 3 today - loving it so far! Camera is incredible and such a huge upgrade from my old S8 camera. Happy so far!

Any recommendations for screen protectors available in the UK?

If you got the cash, The Whitestone is the best out there. I'm pretty happy using the Glass-M tempered glass sealed edges with *loca* glue from Pixel 2 Whitestone.

Oops

Last edited:

Elem

Oct 27, 2017
I've started getting a slight screen flash on my Pixel 3 now and again. I use Always On Display so I'm not sure if it's when the screen is updating slightly. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is noticeable. Anybody have a similar issue?

It has only started happening since the December update.

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017
Ok so I've had the phone for over a week now and I'm very happy so far. I've been an iPhone user for 9 years and I was very worried about switching but it's been a piece of cake so far. I think the build quality is superb, this really feels like a premium product. I went for the regular phone and it's size is perfect for me. Upgrading from an iPhone 7plus, the screen is amazing on the pixel. I wasn't sure about it at first but since switching to natural colour mode I've been really impressed with how things look on this. I'm still getting used to android and there is a couple of minor things I'm missing from iOS. I miss counters on app badges and I miss been able to hide text previews in messaging applications. Im very used to apples walled garden and I don't like that I can just download apps from places other than the play store. I got an adblocker yesterday and it just felt odd downloading the app directly from a website. Love widgers, they're amazing

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
I miss been able to hide text previews in messaging applications

I think you can do this? You can hide content of notifications on the lock screen on a per app basis and there's a kind of notification called "silent" or something which gives you an icon without flashing up any text I think. You have to drag down to see the notification content. It's been a while since I've looked though. IIRC some messaging apps like telegram let you set the notification type for each individual conversation.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I've got a issue where every time I get a text message my Pocket Casts app unpauses and starts playing. Anyone else have this issue? It's super fucking annoying.

Pixel 3 on Verizon, btw.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Every time I take a picture, the phone vibrates and makes it come out all blurry. I've reboot the phone and even done a factory reset and the same is happening when it was working fine!

When I disable the phone vibration this stops but it's annoying that I've to fix it this way. Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Every time I take a picture, the phone vibrates and makes it come out all blurry. I've reboot the phone and even done a factory reset and the same is happening when it was working fine!

When I disable the phone vibration this stops but it's annoying that I've to fix it this way. Anyone else have this issue or a fix?
I've returned the Pixel 3 and my new one is even worse. When I've the call ringing volume on it beeps several times when I take a picture and when vibrate is on it ruins every picture as the screen is vibrating.

Is this a widespread issue?

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know if there is a way to hide the new home button area? It's just wasting space. I don't need to see the pill button and back button all the time.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Just got a Pixel 3 XL. I'm coming from a Note 8, so I'm not anticipating a massive improvement, but something about the stock Android experience just feels so clean. I'm sure there'll be a decent transition period, since I got used to a lot of Samsung's QoL improvements, but this camera... this camera is nuts.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Just got a Pixel 3 XL. I'm coming from a Note 8, so I'm not anticipating a massive improvement, but something about the stock Android experience just feels so clean. I'm sure there'll be a decent transition period, since I got used to a lot of Samsung's QoL improvements, but this camera... this camera is nuts.
I came from an S8 and the stock Android is such a smooth experience, one I've missed since my Nexus 6P. The camera is actually witchcraft!

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my SO a Pixel 3 and suddenly she has a small, fingernail deep, scratch on it. From what I'm understanding, it's most likely the oleophobic coating. Is there a way to repair or fill it in?

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might be a P issue, but the tap noises and screen lock sounds are almost inaudible. I don't see where you can increase the notification volumes like you used to in O.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
aaaaaaaargh I think there are microscratches in my screen. I've been treating it the same way as I did my Galaxy S7 for 2+ years, also without a screen protector, and completely scratch-free. I can only barely see them from one specific angle but I KNOW THEY'RE THERE DAMNIT

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone interested in the $150 off pixel 3xl and $100 off pixel 3 discount codes?
Hit me up on pm
Not gonna use them

Deleted member 46103

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2018
aaaaaaaargh I think there are microscratches in my screen. I've been treating it the same way as I did my Galaxy S7 for 2+ years, also without a screen protector, and completely scratch-free. I can only barely see them from one specific angle but I KNOW THEY'RE THERE DAMNIT

Newer gorilla Glass scratches easier but is more shatterproof.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Just picked up a Pixel 3 (small, white). I'm in love with the design - the textured glass feels really nice. Coupled with the narrow width and curved edges, it really is a lovely thing to hold.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having an issue with recording video. Sometimes when I start recording the video stutters and I get a message saying that some of my video could not be saved. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know if it is a hardware, or software issue?

tropoFarmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been having an issue with recording video. Sometimes when I start recording the video stutters and I get a message saying that some of my video could not be saved. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know if it is a hardware, or software issue?

Happened to me yesterday. Haven't researched a fix yet.