• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL |OT| Notch made by Google

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. No instant approval on the google store financing is usually a denial, right?
I got the letter in the mail the sent out and it seems the reason for getting denied is them being "unable to confirm my identity with enough confidence to approve your application at this time".

What in the world does that even mean? Is my SSN they required somehow not enough?

How would someone even proceed from that?

Oct 26, 2017
California
I got the letter in the mail the sent out and it seems the reason for getting denied is them being "unable to confirm my identity with enough confidence to approve your application at this time".

What in the world does that even mean? Is my SSN they required somehow not enough?

How would someone even proceed from that?
Just call them and find out. I'm sure you can probably send some sort of proof of identity (a bill, your state ID or driver's license, etc.) if that's truly the only reason listed for denying you.

Oct 25, 2017
Did they remove the option to spam filter specific words in the Android Messages app?

Everytime I get a new voicemail I also get a text message telling me I have a voice mail which is redundant and annoying... The only way I found to fix this online is to setup a spam filter in your Messages app for "Voicemail" so that any messages with that word will get auto-deleted. All the guids online are pointing me to a Spam Filter option in the messages app I am not seeing....

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else notice their notification sounds are the same for every app now? I used to have different sounds for FB messenger and whatsapp but now the default popcorn sound plays for everything.

Oct 25, 2017
I started noticing issues with the phone calls on my Pixel 3 (not XL).

Apparently my voice is cutting non stop for the person I'm calling but I can hear them just fine. Could be a microphone issue maybe? Anybody heard or seen anything about this issue?

Oct 27, 2017
Going to lose my God damn mind. All of a sudden, I lost the ability to send 160+ character SMS messages to certain contacts on my Pixel 3. Been on support with Google and Verizon for 2+ hours and have not been help at all

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Helping my Wife ask this her behalf. She recently switched from a Galaxy s9 to the pixel xl3; and has been getting really poor performance on battery life. In about 1 hour of light texting, her battery dropped 20% this morning. Also, it seems to take 3 hours for her phone to charge fully - is this a known issue?

Oct 26, 2017
California
I'm a little upset by the RAM situation. The phone seems to kill off apps pretty aggressively, and it's really annoying. Coming from a Note 8, I'm actually a little let down. I miss my Note. :/

Remind me to never ditch Samsung again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GK86
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little upset by the RAM situation. The phone seems to kill off apps pretty aggressively, and it's really annoying. Coming from a Note 8, I'm actually a little let down. I miss my Note. :/

Turn off Adaptive Battery in the settings.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Oct 25, 2017

Are you up to date with OS updates? The March update fixed the RAM management issues for me.