• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
ATTc89P.jpg

iJslY1n.jpg

2JZGmpm.jpg

Release date: Oct. 18th in the US. November 1 in the UK and Australia. Also coming to Canada, France, Germany, Japan, India, Ireland, Italy, Singapore, Spain, and Taiwan.

Links:

Price (US):
  • Pixel 3 64GB - $799
  • Pixel 3 128GB - $899
  • Pixel 3 XL 64GB - $899
  • Pixel 3 XL 128GB - $999
Price (UK):
  • Pixel 3 64GB £739
  • Pixel 3 128GB £839
  • Pixel 3 XL £869
  • Pixel 3 XL 128GB £969
Price (EU):
  • Pixel 3 64GB - €849
  • Pixel 3 128GB - €949
  • Pixel 3 XL 64GB - €949
  • Pixel 3 XL 128GB - €1049
Specs:

JwGXG3z.png

vjTWHu8.png

Hands-on:
Reviews:

Camera samples:

From MKBHD:

5jCZNgy.jpg

RvGHblQ.jpg

Ijqa65t.jpg

From DP preview:

7nMfxmK.jpg

LtctngF.jpg

gmSHsRr.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Also, might want to get a case:

Edit -

Last edited:

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Great software experience and bad hardware. I am still looking forward to all the impressions.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
No headphone jack and insane pricing. Another post-Nexus Google phone I have no choice but to skip.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Google stay losing.

1. Overpriced
2. Ugly
3. Weak hardare
4. Anti-consumer Android decisions: removal of headphone jack, no SD card support.
5. Terrible durability

If all you want is the best camera ever, than I guess this phone is for you, but for everyone else steer clear of this absolutely confounding release.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL sales are so bad, Google abandons large notches and chins for the Pixel 4. Vote with your wallets, people.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
MKBHD also has them and he's pretty reliable
Is it just the back though or something else? Not that it's irrelevant or durability is the wrong word but if a case would solve the issue and the device is otherwise free of similar faults, "terrible durability" might be a bit strong.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I miss the Nexus phones. At least back then you couldn't really complain about mediocre hardware because they were so cheap. And even the Nexus 6P launched at $499, which had great hardware and a great camera. They've almost doubled the price since then and there's really nothing to show for it.

Deleted member 46103

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2018
Nice OP.

Ordered the Pixel 3 64GB in black. Cant wait!

Holding off on the Slate until a few software revisions. That or the Pixelbook.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just the back though or something else? Not that it's irrelevant or durability is the wrong word but if a case would solve the issue and the device is otherwise free of similar faults, "terrible durability" might be a bit strong.
Microscratches on the back with minor use minutes after unboxing is definitely what I'd call terrible durability

mmazurkiewicz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Google had best camera last year. Should have gone for best something else this year in addition to a great camera. Like best battery life for example. I'm not buying your phone just because it has a good camera. Design is acceptable but nothing spectacular. Cost is too high. These should be $600 and $700 at most.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is the camera under some kind of embargo? I'm not seeing many camera shots except for a couple floating around twitter. Especially for this phone I'd expect way more (non selfie) shots by now.

torontoml

Oct 25, 2017
I asked in another thread, but I'll try here. The Duplex stuff, is that only going to work in the USA? They seem to make it a big feature but, if Canada isn't going to get it there is definitely some value lost to it.

Oct 25, 2017
That was a straight up bad keynote, but somehow they got me, think I'm gonna bite on the regular Pixel 3. Just gotta save a little and try to get the best price for my iPhone 8.

Or maybe the regular Pixel 2 price will drop and I'll get that because I really don't want to pay $800, and then tax, then a $40 case, then the screen protector, then a new sim card and the other bullshit carrier fees. Ugh.

Google stay losing.

1. Overpriced
2. Ugly
3. Weak hardare
4. Anti-consumer Android decisions: removal of headphone jack, no SD card support.
5. Terrible durability

If all you want is the best camera ever, than I guess this phone is for you, but for everyone else steer clear of this absolutely confounding release.
This reads like a parody post despite the issues I agree with.

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered the Pixel 3 to replace my dying Pixel 1, and also the smart dock thing. Question, I generally use a magnet dock in my car. Will the wireless charging and google home stuff still work if I have a piece of metal in my phone case?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure you're not still looking at the black part of the screen because it really isn't that much larger than the S9 in that photo?

I'm being a bit hyperbolic about the chin. Ever since the phone leaked like 6 months ago I've been railing against the chin because it's so stupid with a notch.

Deleted member 46103

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2018
I ordered the Pixel 3 to replace my dying Pixel 1, and also the smart dock thing. Question, I generally use a magnet dock in my car. Will the wireless charging and google home stuff still work if I have a piece of metal in my phone case?

Oh shit I do too. Hopefully the magnet isn't an issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They fucked up with that XL design. Specs are too similar to the 2 series as well. Only good things are the new camera features, new fabric case and the pixel stand.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm pretty sure Google is playing off of these "leaks" so that everyone is caught off-guard when there is no notch.

Than why are they leaking the small model that doesn't have a notch?

Stop believing conspiracy theories. Hopefully you will learn your lesson when the Google hardware event happens in 2ish weeks.

Waiting for the Google swerved.

But we did see the Notch

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
I went and saw one in person at best buy tonight. The notch doesn't look as bad in person. The shots with the weird looking lopsided picture is odd because the chin is not that big. Something is going on with the right side creating some weird look. Probably could be corrected in software

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Super bummed by the standard 3 price and the XL look. Not to mention the apparent scratch problem.

Honestly, the Pixel 2 XL at $700 is the way to go. I'll probably switch to the Xs though. This is such a let down.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EU prices for the OP:
  • Pixel 3 64GB - €849
  • Pixel 3 128GB - €949
  • Pixel 3 XL 64GB - €949
  • Pixel 3 XL 128GB - €1049

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I went and saw one in person at best buy tonight. The notch doesn't look as bad in person. The shots with the weird looking lopsided picture is odd because the chin is not that big. Something is going on with the right side creating some weird look. Probably could be corrected in software
detuned radios guessed videos were being centred for the screen rather than the device leading to that shift upwards / left in those pics.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has Google explained why they went w/ the notch in the XL and not the normal sized one? It's such a huge notch that they would probably have been better off just keeping the design uniform between the two models. I'm an Apple guy but I've always been intrigued by Google's hardware and this generation seems like a bit of a dissapointment.

Camera looks great though.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
i'll buy this next year. made a rule for myself to upgrade every 2 years

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The prices for this are incredibly off-putting. I swore I wouldn't touch a Samsung phone again because of the bloatware, but the S9 is currently going on Amazon for over €300 less than the Pixel 3. That's a lot of money for clean Android and good photos.