• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geens

Mar 14, 2018
Does anyone have a "My Case" that Google sells for the pixel 3? Is it any good? It's expensive but I think it would be fun to have a map of my daily running route on my phone.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a "My Case" that Google sells for the pixel 3? Is it any good? It's expensive but I think it would be fun to have a map of my daily running route on my phone.

My wife has one for her Pixel 2, and it's super nice. Quality is great, buttons remain nice and clicky, & it offers more protection compared to their fabric case, which is what I have on my Pixel 3 XL, although it's probably a tad bulkier than their fabric case as well. I think you'd be happy with it.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I got one of the fabric cases for the Pixel 3, but I had one of the custom cases for both my Pixel 1 and Pixel 2 and I was happy with them. This is what both of them look like after a year of wear.

jyTLrF0.jpg

Some of the white in the picture is reflection from the lights in my office, and some is wear the print rubbed off. The first gen (left) had some wear in the middle because there was an NFC "button" that stuck out ever so slightly, but you don't need to worry about that for the current gen. The second gen only had some wear at the upper corners. There is a kind of matte finish that gets a bit shiny with wear, but I found the printing to be mostly durable.

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems if use smart lock to auto unlock my screen in my car that I cannot ask google assistant to read or send messaged. It performs the action but its voice activity back to me is silent. If I unlock the phone and do it then its fine. They also have removed the option to voice unlock on Pixel 3. Not sure if this is a bug.

Oct 27, 2017
Gave it two weeks but I'm RMA'ing my Pixel 3 (non XL) and going back to iPhone XS.

Yes the camera is wonderful and Android is much more modern feeling than iOS with it's fantastic integration but the phone feels like a toy - it's too light and way WAY too thin for my liking - have the XL a go and it's too big.

The iPhone X and XS Max both feel much better in my hand weight and size wise.

Sorry Pixel 3 I tried.

What an odd critique. As if someone is looking for something to intentionally nit pick.

Geens

Mar 14, 2018
My wife has one for her Pixel 2, and it's super nice. Quality is great, buttons remain nice and clicky, & it offers more protection compared to their fabric case, which is what I have on my Pixel 3 XL, although it's probably a tad bulkier than their fabric case as well. I think you'd be happy with it.

I got one of the fabric cases for the Pixel 3, but I had one of the custom cases for both my Pixel 1 and Pixel 2 and I was happy with them. This is what both of them look like after a year of wear.

Some of the white in the picture is reflection from the lights in my office, and some is wear the print rubbed off. The first gen (left) had some wear in the middle because there was an NFC "button" that stuck out ever so slightly, but you don't need to worry about that for the current gen. The second gen only had some wear at the upper corners. There is a kind of matte finish that gets a bit shiny with wear, but I found the printing to be mostly durable.

Thanks for the answers! I'm going to order a pixel 3 and that case today. Can't wait to try the camera ~

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna chime in and say that after owning my 3 XL for nearly a month now, that I FUCKING LOVE THIS PHONE. Amazing display, amazing screen size, amazing navigation with Nacho Notch & OnePlus Gestures, amazing performance, all day battery, best camera on the market... No major complaints. Not a one.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally have a good screen protector, bought the cheap mr shields and patched them with loca glue + UV, nearly flawless :)

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
Got my pixel stand from the free promo and alas it doesn't seem like I'll be making much use of it. I use one of those magnetic disc car mounts and it interferes with wireless charging.

Maybe if I ever get a car with integrated android auto I can retire the mount lol. Guess I'll keep plugging in.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just ordered my Pixel 3 XL (black 64GB) and it'll be ready for me to pick up on the 14th form my local O2 store.

Absolutely buzzing to be going back to a large screen. I made the mistake of upgrading my Nexus 6 to the small OG Pixel and I've never got used to the smaller screen. I saw the Pixel 3 XL in the flesh at the weekend and the notch doesn't bother me at all. Can't really understand all the hate it gets.

Now I just need to order a case. People who have the phone, would you recommend the fabric case or the My Case, which I understand you can customise with your own background.

Inkd

Oct 27, 2017
US
Got my pixel stand from the free promo and alas it doesn't seem like I'll be making much use of it. I use one of those magnetic disc car mounts and it interferes with wireless charging.

Maybe if I ever get a car with integrated android auto I can retire the mount lol. Guess I'll keep plugging in.

You still have to plug in with integrated Android Auto, but you wouldn't need your phone mounted anymore I suppose.

Steamed_Hams

Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Has anyone else had their bluetooth become unstable since the latest patch (5th Nov)? It was perfectly fine until Friday now suddenly it drops or the audio stutters when using bluetooth FFS.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I'm using the gboard keyboard and I've noticed than more often than not, if I double-tap the space bar to add a period at the end of a sentence it will add a space before the period. Anybody knows how to fix that?

So basically I get this

"End of sentence . New sentence"

Instead of

"End of sentence. New sentence"

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Just ordered my Pixel 3 XL (black 64GB) and it'll be ready for me to pick up on the 14th form my local O2 store.

Absolutely buzzing to be going back to a large screen. I made the mistake of upgrading my Nexus 6 to the small OG Pixel and I've never got used to the smaller screen. I saw the Pixel 3 XL in the flesh at the weekend and the notch doesn't bother me at all. Can't really understand all the hate it gets.

Now I just need to order a case. People who have the phone, would you recommend the fabric case or the My Case, which I understand you can customise with your own background.

I have the fabric case and it's amazing. Looks and feels really great. I'd recommend that. Friend got a My Case, and while it's great quality, it just looks cheap to me in comparison. With her case it's also a lot harder to get the squeeze for google assistant to register.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I'm using the gboard keyboard and I've noticed than more often than not, if I double-tap the space bar to add a period at the end of a sentence it will add a space before the period. Anybody knows how to fix that?

So basically I get this

Instead of

I have that issue, but only with Resetera. I figured it was a problem with this site .

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017

So basically I get this

Instead of

I have that issue, but only with Resetera. I figured it was a problem with this site .

I use GBoard and i am quite sure that's a setting that you can change.

Might be worth taking a look through the settings.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

So basically I get this

Instead of

Gboard is buggy in Resetera. Disable Rich text editor and it will work fine. The autocorrect fucks up everything in gboard if rich text is on.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's the JavaScript / WYSIWYG / Rich text editor here or any site that uses Xenforo. For whatever reason, Xenforo's RTE and Gboard are horrible together, both on Android and iOS... it's a documented bug, but it's been open for years with no resolution. Xenforo blames whatever 3rd party editor they use, the 3rd party editor isn't supported or updated anymore or something, Gboard/Android/iOS aren't even aware of the issue to consider working on it.

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I have the fabric case and it's amazing. Looks and feels really great. I'd recommend that. Friend got a My Case, and while it's great quality, it just looks cheap to me in comparison. With her case it's also a lot harder to get the squeeze for google assistant to register.

Fabric case it is then. The Mycase was appealing as you can customise it with your own photo, but if the quality isn't the same then it's pointless.

Phone protection is huge as, from what I understand, the glass back of the new Pixel is really easy to scratch. Also looking for a case that will protect it from drops.

My Pixel OG has been dropped on the pavement a number of times (son playing Pokémon Go), but the screen has not been damaged once. If it were an iPhone or Samsung I have no doubt I'd have a cracked screen by now. I trust the screen on the Pixel 3 is also the same build quality.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody got experience with the fast charging wireless pads with the Pixel 3? I know that Google put in that DRM-like thing that prevents fast charging if not using an approved kit...

I got the official Google Stand today (got it for free with my phone) but I'm thinking about buying another one for the office but I'm not gonna pay 100$ for the Google one.

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's a feature, but is there any way to stop the search bar and top 5 apps at the bottom of the home screen from moving up and down? It's almost as if it's asking me to open the app drawer constantly. It's like a heartbeat, the whole thing moves up and down like 5 times whenever I hit the Home button. Kinda hard to describe.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
OK, guess I'm getting a 3XL on Black Friday. If I trade in my OG Pixel, and get device protection, I'm looking at $35 a month for 24 months. Will use with $45/mo Straight Talk service.

Last edited:

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you're under 30 days does Google normally offer a price adjustment if you ask? I feel like this has come up with prior BFs.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Shit, so I bought my Pixel 3 at an official Verizon store last week. Probably won't be able to take advantage of this discount by price matching at all?

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
The tomorrow deal is basically 25% off a two-pack of phones. The better (for most) deal starts on Thanksgiving.
I want two Pixel 3's (one for me, one for my wife, who still has a Pixel 1). I am not sure what they mean by "buy one, get the second phone UP TO 50% off." If it's actually 50% off, then I would be saving $400 in total instead of $300 total with the Thanksgiving deal.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Has Night Sight appeared in the Store (i.e. non sideloaded) Google Camera app for anyone? Bizarre they had a timed press embargo dropped for reviews but didn't make it available...unless I'm missing something.