• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize Google do rolling update for apps but I guess it make sense in case something go awry especially with all the bugs they have.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I sideloaded the old Google camera app on to my LG G6 last year it. I'm sure this will be available for other phones sooner or later. I'm curious to see how this would stack up against my Huawei P20 pro but considering I can't even download the Google now launcher. I'm not holding out much hope of ever getting to try it.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
It's updated for me in the store. It wasn't a few hours ago. Check it out now.

xD0JGjr.jpg

Edit: dark garage, no light on, door open into the kitchen with lights on. The garage looks dark as hell to me with my eyes.

Forgot to just post the regular photo.

SmsCw4b.jpg

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, i've just seen that Google will be offering that Black Friday discount on the Pixel 3, 200 €, also on the german store ... less than 3 weeks after i got mine. I'm honest ... i'm angry about that. Got mine on November 3. ... so it's 20 days between receiving my phone and that Black Friday discount happening.

Anyone has some experience with them wether people who just recently got the device will get some sort of refund or do i have a chance for that if i'll ask their customer support nicely about that?

I'm ok with things getting a price reduction after a month or couple of months after i got them, but less then 3 weeks is shady as fuck.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for double post, but i just had a chat with Googles german customer support. Told me that they won't honor this deal for people who just recently bought a Pixel 3.

Only thing i could do is return my current Pixel 3 and order a new one next friday.

Frankly, in times where i retroactively get refunds on my Amazon orders for up to 3 weeks without actively having to do anything for it, this is weak.

Last edited:

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for double post, but i just had a chat with Googles german customer support. Told me that they won't honor this deal for people who just recently bought a Pixel 3.

Only thing i could do is return my current Pixel 3 and order a new one next friday.

Frankly, in times where i retroactively get refunds on my Amazon orders for up to 3 weeks without actively having to do anything for it, this is weak.
return it and buy a Samsung.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
return it and buy a Samsung.

Sorry but for me, not even 200€ are worth having to deal with the bloat on those phones and the slow distribution of OS updates by Samsung.

I think i'm going to return it and buy a new one next week at a local retailer if those run the deal too. And for he next Pixel, i'll wait until end of November.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Sorry but for me, not even 200 € are worth having to deal with the bloat on those phones and the slow distribution of OS updates by Samsung.

I think i'm going to return it and buy a new one next week at a local retailer if those run the deal too. And for he next Pixel, i'll wait until end of November.

Buy a mate 20 pro better main camera, a secondary wide angle camera and a tertiary telephoto camera and it's an overall nicer looking phone.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017

Talked to the US customer support and he said that he isn't aware of the deal. Told me to try again when the deal is active and they might be able to retroactively give a refund. I haven't opened my device yet. Worst case scenario is that i would send it back and buy a new one lol.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do any of you guys have one of those $50 google store credits you aren't going to use? I can send a $10 amazon gc in exchange? Just pm me.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I have an XL 2 but maybe it would affect the 3 as well..

anyone notice their battery life being worse lately? I remember earlier this year there was some bug in an app update that was affecting battery life. Typically I put my XL 2 on the charger at night when I'm going to bed and I still have like 40% battery. This week though, without any usage change, I've been around 10% battery remaining.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon

anyone notice their battery life being worse lately? I remember earlier this year there was some bug in an app update that was affecting battery life. Typically I put my XL 2 on the charger at night when I'm going to bed and I still have like 40% battery. This week though, without any usage change, I've been around 10% battery remaining.

My launch Pixel XL's battery life is horrible these days. It's been off charger for less than three hours, I've not used it for anything, and it's already down to 83%.

Bad.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My launch Pixel non-XL battery life was amazing until a few months ago. They fucking broke something on the OG. I did a fresh rebuild with minimal apps; no difference.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
So today it looks like that night sight has finally come to the UK. I've been wanting to play with this feature for ages. It's really cool, and I can't wait for a reason to use it when I am out with friends.

While I was playing with the camera though I tried to see if I could get Top Shot to work, and I can't seem to figure it out. I have turned Motion On and the camera doesn't have HDR+ enhanced on, but it doesn't work.

To test it out I am purposely blinking at the moment that I take a photo, and every time the picture comes out with my eyes closed. Can anyone tell me if I am doing anything wrong, because I thought it was meant to be pretty straight forward.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how plausible the Pixel 3 'Lite' leaks are. Why is the logo so strange? Would Google really undercut the regular Pixel 3 price significantly enough to make 32 GB of storage, an LCD display, and a cut-down CPU a decent option? It seems like a knock-off or an internal test unit, but the Russian source is the same that had the Pixel 3 super early.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll step up my game now. $20 Amazon GC or PayPal for Google $50 credit. Just pm me.

Last edited:

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to pull the trigger on the Pixel 3, upgrading from a 1. We're finally done with our Verizon contract, so we're dumping them and signed up for Google Fi. It's cheaper with Fi even with the 2 phone payments, still cheaper if we max our data (12 GB for 3 lines), and we rarely use more than 5 or 6 gigs, so looking forward to saving some money even while paying for 2 brand new phones. The $800 Fi credit for buying 2 Pixel 3s is a pretty sweet deal, too.

Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017

This is what I'm worried about. Is it safe to say that after 2 yrs, the battery life will be trash? My Nexus 6P was pretty good initially but 2 years later I have to charge it constantly.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
My Pixel 2 has gone from getting 24+ hours between charges to about 14 hours since the latest Android update. Huge bummer.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
This is what I'm worried about. Is it safe to say that after 2 yrs, the battery life will be trash? My Nexus 6P was pretty good initially but 2 years later I have to charge it constantly.

it may have just been a rogue app or something? Past two days have felt more normal.

My XL 2 in general is just insane with battery life. First phone I've never kept an extra charging cable at work.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
$20 in Amazon gc and this piece of string I found in my pocket for your $50 Google credit that I so badly want.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$20 in Amazon gc and this piece of string I found in my pocket for your $50 Google credit that I so badly want.
Alternatively, it's $20 you can actually use on something from Amazon vs. a store credit you didn't pay anything for, expires in a month, and is only good on the 10 items they sell in the Google store :P

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was auto applied to my account. Are you sure it's transferrable?
Interesting. It is supposed to be a promo code they send you. If you have the code(if it shows up at checkout) I can try to apply it and then purchase it from you if it works. I'm a plus seller in the bst thread so can be trusted. Just pm me

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Had my 3XL for about a week now, replacing a defective Mate 20 Pro, and I'm smitten. Probably the first phone I've properly adored since the iPhone 4.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if I should do it, I can get the 64GB XL for 220 USD, 370 for the 128.

Might just do the 64. Currently I'm only using 8Gb for music and photos, 10 for apps apparently. I rotate music in and out, not too concerned about keeping some huge library.

Whats your system file size anyway, 64 and 128gb users?

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should do it, I can get the 64GB XL for 220 USD, 370 for the 128.

Might just do the 64. Currently I'm only using 8Gb for music and photos, 10 for apps apparently. I rotate music in and out, not too concerned about keeping some huge library.

Whats your system file size anyway, 64 and 128gb users?
I have the 128GB XL and the system file size is 11GB.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say my experience with getting a refund for a defective 3 XL has been terrible. My plan was to repurchase with these black friday deals but I think I'm put off by the customer service.

Every interaction (web or phone) has been slow and inconsistent. For some reason everyone I talk to seems to be out of the loop (their "tool isn't updated"), from when I first ordered it, inquired about the delivery delay (which no one knew about), trying to RMA/return the product (told to wait for an email about how to factory reset my phone, then the guy cut me off?).

Most recent one: yesterday I was inquiring about the status of my refund and CS tells me I have to wait for my device to be delivered to them. I point out the online tracking and proof of delivery show it arrived at their facility more than a week ago. Said to wait 24 hours for an email about it. Wait 24 hours, nothing. Ask about it again, told to wait another 24 hours and they're positive I'll be contacted. Consider me cynical.

I want to love the Pixels but I don't understand how Google's CS is so ineffectual. My whole Google Store experience means I'll only take gambles on inexpensive products, like the Chromecast or what-have-you.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say my experience with getting a refund for a defective 3 XL has been terrible. My plan was to repurchase with these black friday deals but I think I'm put off by the customer service.

Every interaction (web or phone) has been slow and inconsistent. For some reason everyone I talk to seems to be out of the loop (their "tool isn't updated"), from when I first ordered it, inquired about the delivery delay (which no one knew about), trying to RMA/return the product (told to wait for an email about how to factory reset my phone, then the guy cut me off?).

Most recent one: yesterday I was inquiring about the status of my refund and CS tells me I have to wait for my device to be delivered to them. I point out the online tracking and proof of delivery show it arrived at their facility more than a week ago. Said to wait 24 hours for an email about it. Wait 24 hours, nothing. Ask about it again, told to wait another 24 hours and they're positive I'll be contacted. Consider me cynical.

I want to love the Pixels but I don't understand how Google's CS is so ineffectual. My whole Google Store experience means I'll only take gambles on inexpensive products, like the Chromecast or what-have-you.
Their customer service is outsourced and they will say whatever to get you off the phone unless you call during the day and get lucky with someone in a US call center