• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zerohaste

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. No instant approval on the google store financing is usually a denial, right?

I got the letter in the mail the sent out and it seems the reason for getting denied is them being "unable to confirm my identity with enough confidence to approve your application at this time".

What in the world does that even mean? Is my SSN they required somehow not enough?

How would someone even proceed from that?

Oct 26, 2017
California
I got the letter in the mail the sent out and it seems the reason for getting denied is them being "unable to confirm my identity with enough confidence to approve your application at this time".

What in the world does that even mean? Is my SSN they required somehow not enough?

How would someone even proceed from that?
Just call them and find out. I'm sure you can probably send some sort of proof of identity (a bill, your state ID or driver's license, etc.) if that's truly the only reason listed for denying you.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Did they remove the option to spam filter specific words in the Android Messages app?

Everytime I get a new voicemail I also get a text message telling me I have a voice mail which is redundant and annoying... The only way I found to fix this online is to setup a spam filter in your Messages app for "Voicemail" so that any messages with that word will get auto-deleted. All the guids online are pointing me to a Spam Filter option in the messages app I am not seeing....

Friend Besto

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else notice their notification sounds are the same for every app now? I used to have different sounds for FB messenger and whatsapp but now the default popcorn sound plays for everything.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I started noticing issues with the phone calls on my Pixel 3 (not XL).

Apparently my voice is cutting non stop for the person I'm calling but I can hear them just fine. Could be a microphone issue maybe? Anybody heard or seen anything about this issue?

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going to lose my God damn mind. All of a sudden, I lost the ability to send 160+ character SMS messages to certain contacts on my Pixel 3. Been on support with Google and Verizon for 2+ hours and have not been help at all

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Helping my Wife ask this her behalf. She recently switched from a Galaxy s9 to the pixel xl3; and has been getting really poor performance on battery life. In about 1 hour of light texting, her battery dropped 20% this morning. Also, it seems to take 3 hours for her phone to charge fully - is this a known issue?

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Anyone else's Pixel 3 battery go to shit recently? I installed a security update yesterday and I think it started after that. Don't know if it's related though.

Oct 26, 2017
California
I'm a little upset by the RAM situation. The phone seems to kill off apps pretty aggressively, and it's really annoying. Coming from a Note 8, I'm actually a little let down. I miss my Note. :/

Remind me to never ditch Samsung again.

Last edited:

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little upset by the RAM situation. The phone seems to kill off apps pretty aggressively, and it's really annoying. Coming from a Note 8, I'm actually a little let down. I miss my Note. :/

Remind me to never ditch Samsung again.

Are you up to date with OS updates? The March update fixed the RAM management issues for me.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Google to roll out performance fixes for Pixel 3, says Digital Wellbeing isn't to blame

• After a thorough analysis, Google found that Digital Wellbeing wasn't the cause for Pixel 3 slowdowns.
  • But during that analysis, Google found unrelated issues that it believes are causing performance issues.
  • An upcoming update will include those fixes and improve the performance on Pixel devices.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Turning that off improved the performance of my Pixel 2 XL, too, so... I don't know about that, Google.

Also, my 2 XL runs like shit now anyway.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
I started noticing issues with the phone calls on my Pixel 3 (not XL).

Apparently my voice is cutting non stop for the person I'm calling but I can hear them just fine. Could be a microphone issue maybe? Anybody heard or seen anything about this issue?

Was looking into getting a Pixel 3 if the Xperia 1's size is too much, but this microphone issue is worrying. Any updates? Anyone else experience it?

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone noticed weird animation lag in Android Q? It has gotten really sluggish with playing out swapping animations using full gesture to the point of lagging windows when swapping or minimising. I've done the above steps with no difference, restarted, tried checking with diagnostics nothing. Any ideas? Also noticed Google Assistant just doesn't work on occasions, and requires unlocking for things like playing music despite giving clearance.

Also, unrelated note but Google Home Mini is shit. The audio is atrocious suddenly with a very crappy hollow bass and it keeps dimming in audio when playing music as if we'd asked it something.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus my pixel 3 has begun the usual Android glitching and freezing at random times, stuff that I would experience in my old cheap android phones,

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's battery life gone to shit on Android Q? Really hoping the next beta fixes this.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Okay so it just seems Pixel is going to shit then? I can't for the life of me figure out the issue, everything is going slow and clunky with terrible lag between swapping apps. This is worse than the bloated phones of the earlier days.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so it just seems Pixel is going to shit then? I can't for the life of me figure out the issue, everything is going slow and clunky with terrible lag between swapping apps. This is worse than the bloated phones of the earlier days.
I mean, you're using an unoptimised beta. Same reason my battery life is shit right now.

The first release candidate is in theory due today, so maybe this'll fix your issues.
If not, people on r/android_beta have reported performance improvements after a phone wipe.

Last edited:

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Guys, I've just started having a couple really bad issues with my Pixel 3 XL. I was hoping that maybe someone here would have some advice on what I should do. Yesterday I tried to connect my phone to my Laptop, for some reason the laptop doesn't see my phone and the phone doesn't receive any charge from the laptop. Also if the phone goes to sleep while plugged into the laptop the phone shuts off. If I press the power button, nothing happens and the phone will only turn back on when I remove the USBC cable from it. I've tried to look up this issue and I haven't had any luck.

I'm using a XPS laptop, and my phone has no issues when I connect it to the mains.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Guys, I've just started having a couple really bad issues with my Pixel 3 XL. I was hoping that maybe someone here would have some advice on what I should do. Yesterday I tried to connect my phone to my Laptop, for some reason the laptop doesn't see my phone and the phone doesn't receive any charge from the laptop. Also if the phone goes to sleep while plugged into the laptop the phone shuts off. If I press the power button, nothing happens and the phone will only turn back on when I remove the USBC cable from it. I've tried to look up this issue and I haven't had any luck.

I'm using a XPS laptop, and my phone has no issues when I connect it to the mains.
Bad cable, maybe? Have you tried with other USB-C cables?

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Bad cable, maybe? Have you tried with other USB-C cables?

Yeah I have tried multiple cables, and I have called google support, they gave me a bunch of trouble shooting options that I had already tried. I have just installed an android USB driver on my computer that they suggested and it still hasn't fixed the issue. Besides that I have rebooted the phone in safe mode, turned off USB debugging from developer options, updated my computer software, I have tried cleaning my phones port. Nothing has worked, I just hope that I don't have to go through my warranty, because I don't have a back up phone at the moment.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like at least my Pixel 3 is experiencing very similar issues with memory management that it did at launch. Simple things like playing a podcast, opening chrome and then opening a couple tabs will kill my podcasting app.

Plus it's been sluggish.