• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bit the bullet and grabbed the switch version. The 30 fps seemed like a non-issue to me. The resolution does seem a bit low though, at least undocked. Still though, this is the perfect game to play portable, so I can deal with the graphics shortcomings.

Yeah, I just played the demo on Switch. It's awesome and will be purchasing soon.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Am I the only one who experienced stuttering in the Switch version? No way it was a solid 30 fps, I had frame drops constantly.

Still, it was a fun demo. I'll bite for that price, maybe I'll wait for the physical release. Now to wait for the EU release.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I know. I'm talking about the 20% off code from live.playstation.com that you got for watching a Detroit trailer. I was under the impression that the 20% off code wouldn't work on any preorders.
It doesn't, that poster was saying they went with the 10% preorder for Monsters and used the 20% off code for Detroit after it released.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I played the demo and it failed to spark the same excitement and fun that I had when playing the original. I also agree with the other users that spoke about the camera and other QoL features, which I'll probably wait for.

Keeping an eye on it though because I really *want* to like it.
Pretty much the same. The demo kinda turned me off with the camera and 3D landscapes making things a frustrating experience.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta wait til next month to buy this cause $$$ issues but WOO can't wait to play this on pc. I freaking adored the first one and the visuals in this new one are wonderful

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Was there a season pass available on Switch or am I hallucinating? I thought I saw that yesterday but now I can't find it anywhere. Anyone have a link?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know. I'm talking about the 20% off code from live.playstation.com that you got for watching a Detroit trailer. I was under the impression that the 20% off code wouldn't work on any preorders.
Right, i'm saying he probably didn't use it on a pre-order, he probably purchased it last night after it was released and used it then. You're right, you can't use the code on a pre order transaction.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Right, i'm saying he probably didn't use it on a pre-order, he probably purchased it last night after it was released and used it then. You're right, you can't use the code on a pre order transaction.
Lol, I'm just misunderstanding things all over the place. Thanks for explaining, I need more caffeine.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Nevermind -- check their Discord -- Season Pass is delayed. Kinda weird, never heard of a pass getting delayed. Doesn't make much sense.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Excited to pick this up for my Switch! Asked this in the preview thread but didn't get an answer--how's the difficulty? I loved the first one but got my butt kicked after the first few levels. I think there was an easy mode, but even that ramped up really quickly.

I tend to play TD games on easy and then go back through on hard once I get the hang of things. Kingdom Rush is super forgiving, hopefully this one's along those lines!

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Enjoyed the demo on Switch. Framerate seems fine for what it is. How does 2 player work for this, is it online only or can you do local co-op? Will probably by for Switch if it's local co-op.

Edit: Read a review and seems like it is both local and online multiplayer from what I can tell. Bought! Will dive in tonight.

Last edited:

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Bought this on PC and everything is in Japanese, can't find the option to switch language.

EDIT: Fixed it.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Excited to pick this up for my Switch! Asked this in the preview thread but didn't get an answer--how's the difficulty? I loved the first one but got my butt kicked after the first few levels. I think there was an easy mode, but even that ramped up really quickly.
I'm just in the second world (not stage) and the ramp-up reminds me very much of it's predecessor, even on 'fun' difficulty.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Will keep an eye on this. I absolutely love the original, even though it's brutally difficult. Reading about some of the issues, and the lack of reviews and buzz are holding me back though.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Goddamit. We hauled a ps4 and 52 inch TV to a friend to play in a 4 player coop (2 TVs, 2 ps4s) only to find out that you can only do duos locally. While 3 to 4 player mode is online only, reserved for 4 singular ps4s. Basically you cannot do a 4 player coop with 2 ps4s. So stupid.

This game deserves its lack of buzz!

Last edited:

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I like the game so far, I've finished the 3 levels of the first world on Fun and Tricky difficulty.

Only thing I don't like is that you can't zoom out far enough to get a good view of the area.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
I like the game so far, I've finished the 3 levels of the first world on Fun and Tricky difficulty.

Only thing I don't like is that you can't zoom out far enough to get a good view of the area.
Quoting an older post I made
A dev (Dylan at Q-Games) said on their discord that they're looking into improving the camera.

("Yes we will be adding more camera options in the post launch update - along with some other really cool things!")

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first world on Switch. So far it's pretty much what I expected, more Monsters but prettier (especially when using the new camera angle, even if it's totally useless for actually playing the game). Definitely going to get the season pass once it's out.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
A dev (Dylan at Q-Games) said on their discord that they're looking into improving the camera.

("Yes we will be adding more camera options in the post launch update - along with some other really cool things!")

Please, please, please. Its the one thing holding me back from a purchase. I want a proper co-op mode. And Id also like to see cleaner UI elements with the towers/judging their progress. Game is gorgeous outside of those issues

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
PJM1 is a thing of wonder. I adore it.

I went from giddy with joy when the sequel was announced to crushing disappointment when the demo released.

The camera utterly ruins the sequel. Not being able to see the whole map kills off the entire strategy of the original. It's compounded by just how zoomed in the view is.

Unless they patch a full map view into the game, it's a no-buy for me.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I went from giddy with joy when the sequel was announced to crushing disappointment when the demo released.

The camera utterly ruins the sequel. Not being able to see the whole map kills off the entire strategy of the original. It's compounded by just how zoomed in the view is.

Seriously I can't keep playing until that's camera is zoomed out

Prophyblakcis

Oct 25, 2017
i wish i would have played the switch demo before i bought this. controls too floaty and slow, long ass loading times, FAR too many theatrics, ugly terrain, no way to zoom out...

none of the charm of the first one is here...absolutely none

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't think we need the "whole" map view - PSP version did fine with a "bit" of scrolling, but it still showed you enough to play properly and you could always zoom-out to full view when needed when not moving.
But PJM2 being fixed to literally just the view of 3 nearest towers basically makes any real strategy impossible - everytime enemies split up you take a blind eye to one group, it's the anti-thesis of the entire TD genre this way. Co-op is also the roughest part of the game now as result - where as in original it was the best thing about it.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Game is pretty great on PC so far. No technical problems. Levels load in about 2 seconds. Visuals look amazing. Extremely charming visual style and music.

I am surprised how hard they pushed the graphics, because my PS4 vanilla couldn't maintain a decent framerate in the demo, but it is 60fps locked on my PC.

Game is a lot of fun, but I do think the zoomed in graphics are a slight gameplay downgrade. Still enjoying the game a lot though.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I would love this game if the camera was like the original and if you could hold a button to see the status/level of each tower.

I'm still enjoying it though, because PixelJunk Monsters is one of my favourite games of all time. It has the spirit still.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Glad they'll be doing something about the camera and hopefully other QoL improvements. I'll hold off until things improve.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Exactly how I feel.

I would also like a depth of field toggle. I hate it on.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm at 11 Rainbows and the game is -because of the cam- harder than it should be, getting a good overview is by now my primary concern.
And the auto-cam that takes over when a fruit gets activated needs to go, its extremely irritating.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I picked this up on Switch and im very unimpressed so far.

The frame rate seems very low, the resolution is sub native (on portable anyway), and the load times are long.

As far as gameplay goes - WHY does building a tower use a tree and all the trees around the tree as well?! That makes no sense at all, it's baffling.

zbon

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto!
Is anyone else heartbroken that you can't unlock rainbow pieces in co-op? PJM1 you could go through the whole game on couch co-op. Now apparently you need to unlock everything in single player before it's available in co-op. And even then there are no leader boards or anything... seems kind of pointless.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is anyone else heartbroken that you can't unlock rainbow pieces in co-op? PJM1 you could go through the whole game on couch co-op. Now apparently you need to unlock everything in single player before it's available in co-op. And even then there are no leader boards or anything... seems kind of pointless.

The way the coop is handled in this game is so poor, it's too bad.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE

But you can earn rainbow pieces in couch coop though? That's what I've been doing the last 2 days.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Huge fan of the first game (bought it for PSP & then got the one w/upgraded visuals for Vita), but what I'm hearing has me leary. Poor performance on the portable system, stages too big & camera zoomed in too much, and not having tower info are all problems I wasn't expecting to hear about. Also, one of the reviews I read said that there's only 15 stages & most of those are just previous stages with different enemy layouts? If true, that's a huge downgrade. Also, is there no medal challenge mode? That was one of the best features of the first game and I haven't heard anything about it for the sequel.