• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished all the levels (I said "Fuck the rainbows" very quickly though), and I liked it a lot. My two gripes with it:
- Only a handful of maps are fully utilized. Most of them have the majority of the terrain being ignored. The tropical world is the best because there's even a bit of platforming. That's when the game really shines.
- Once you've seen all the levels, there's no real incentive to keep playing. A Challenge mode or something would have done the trick. Right now, I adored my time with it, but playing 15-min levels over and over and over again to hopefully get a rainbow piece isn't very appealing since I've seen everything there was to see. I haven't touched the game since even though I had a blast with it.

For $15 though, it was well worth it.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dylan all but confirmed to me on twitter that local coop leaderboards are also coming! Excellent. We are taking it slow only rainbowing 1-2 levels per evening. 35 rainbows in coop and counting. :) Hurry up Dylan, only 10 rainbows left. :)

I finished all the levels (I said "Fuck the rainbows" very quickly though), and I liked it a lot. My two gripes with it:
- Only a handful of maps are fully utilized. Most of them have the majority of the terrain being ignored. The tropical world is the best because there's even a bit of platforming. That's when the game really shines.

Yea, basically there is only one level, where platforming is required (5-2, I think). This was refreshing, I want more of that in DLC.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I don't understand how these things couldn't have been in there from the get go. It seems painfully obvious to anyone who played and loved the old ones. They would have probably been better off postponing release by a couple months and getting their ducks in a row.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I don't understand how these things couldn't have been in there from the get go. It seems painfully obvious to anyone who played and loved the old ones. They would have probably been better off postponing release by a couple months and getting their ducks in a row.

Well, I assume it was because the game looks gorgeous, and as a part of their design vision, they want to really highlight that. Given what we've seen of how the game looks when it's zoomed out, it really looses a lot of that detail. I'm very happy they're adding the option to zoom in and out during gameplay instead of fixed camera options.

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017

In the age of releasing unfinished games, this is probably an afterthought. I hope we get one eventually, I loved the style of that one.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best counter weapon for the stone giants with a blue protective bubble around them?

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
guys I am having difficulty to understand wheere to go next .I beat on fun and tricky all 3 levels for each of : Puckulu forest, Coco Valley, Twinkling Snowfields and Karstale Highlands. IS THIS ALL?! How to unlock at least third difficulty?

doodledude

Oct 29, 2017
Season pass is £8.99 and includes Encore and Danganrompa levels.
But Encore is only £3.99 on its own. I wonder if the Danganrompa levels are going to be more expensive?
Otherwise cheaper to buy individually it seems

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
they should have got this patch out before the summer sales hit. the reviews could use a boost and some good karma with a symbolic price cut can go a long way.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Season pass is £8.99 and includes Encore and Danganrompa levels.
But Encore is only £3.99 on its own. I wonder if the Danganrompa levels are going to be more expensive?
Otherwise cheaper to buy individually it seems

The PJM2 theme is part of the season pass even though it doesn't say so in the description lol

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
trailer:

e5k2h8Q.png

Zcj2h2S.png

c79Uzxr.png

Deleted member 22422

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find this game total bliss on Switch. I get lost relaxing and strategizing, killing monsters and protecting my little friends.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is playing online exactly like couch co-op, except the person stays on their screen at all times?

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
- Once you've seen all the levels, there's no real incentive to keep playing. A Challenge mode or something would have done the trick. Right now, I adored my time with it, but playing 15-min levels over and over and over again to hopefully get a rainbow piece isn't very appealing since I've seen everything there was to see. I haven't touched the game since even though I had a blast with it.

For $15 though, it was well worth it.
All the maps are fully utilized. But a given stage might only use a piece of a map. Also, did you try the trickier difficulties? Its not a health buff its all new monster patterns and waves. It's challenge mode.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, this DLC missile tower is not bad, but not as cool as the lightning tower. It shoots at both air and ground targets, and can destroy 2 baloons on 2 flying monsters with a single missile. It is balanced by having only 3 missiles with quite long reload time.
Got excited by the patch notification yesterday, but 1.01 just fixes few bugs here and there.

kilg0re

Oct 25, 2017
Got the game today.

I'm feeling very dumb about tower upgrades. Can you not tell what you're upgrading like in the first PJM (range, speed, damage, etc...)?

Last edited:

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, it same as in PJM1, but yea, it's annoying to not able to see what the next upgrade gives you. Range is easy to spot though.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
I was tentatively excited that the patch might have fixed the stupidity of the default, zoomed in camera and I would buy the game. But the Steam forum suggest that when you zoom out and view the entire map, PJM1-style, your can't move. You can only move/play again when you zoom back in. Which is utterly moronic if that's the case.

Anyone here confirm?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I was tentatively excited that the patch might have fixed the stupidity of the default, zoomed in camera and I would buy the game. But the Steam forum suggest that when you zoom out and view the entire map, PJM1-style, your can't move. You can only move/play again when you zoom back in. Which is utterly moronic if that's the case.

Anyone here confirm?

Just tested it, appears to be the case.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

Anyone here confirm?

Such a shame. I dont know what they were thinking with the focus on this game. Does anyone even use the 3D follow mode?

So I guess this means its a wrap for couch co-op and viewing the whole map at once and playing?

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I hope that's not true. I'm trying to hold up playing until it drops for console but these design decisions are baffling unless it's a tech thing and even then they should've found a way around it.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Danganronpa-inspired DLC is out now! Those masks are sick. :) Gonna test the new Mana tower today when I get home, but anyhow good to have new stages to play.

We have slowed down a bit, the encore DLC stages are quite challenging (
massive understatement
) to rainbow at higher difficulty levels.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Danganronpa-inspired DLC is out now! Those masks are sick. :) Gonna test the new Mana tower today when I get home, but anyhow good to have new stages to play.

We have slowed down a bit, the encore DLC stages are quite challenging (
massive understatement
) to rainbow at higher difficulty levels.

Yeah, haven't had the time to start playing the Encore stages yet but I've heard that the Danganronpa ones aren't as difficult as the Encore are on tricky/mayhem lol

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, this new tower is sure interesting – took some time to figure out what it does. Basically you should position it near other towers and than it starts to tick, with every tick leveling the neighbours a bit. The tower is than vanish after some time leaving a gem behind. You can get a tower up to lvl3 with it without any dancing.

It gives a new tactical option to us, maybe especially helpful for solo play. For coop I am not sure it worth the cost yet (300g and 3gems), still may be usefull at some levels where you build part of your towers at a remote location.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Anyone have a link to a guide or something that has good info on all the towers? Like what each does and how effective they are etc?