• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
any good tips? i am moving to Forest Hills from Manhattan in 2 days
Get off the train at Roosevelt and walk down Broadway to to Grand Ave.

Also totally not street food, but Eddie's Sweet Shop in Forest hills.

108th street in Corona as well, lemon ice King.

Roosevelt Ave itself Woodside, Jackson heights.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like most latino cultures have rich street food. Mexico and Colombia didn't disappoint.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
London has pockets of markets with nothing but 'international' Street food. It's usually over priced and considers itself 'artisian' - basically it's a sales pitch to tourists and revelers, not a regular persons everyday option. But not gonna lie, pretty good, just not British.

Damn those places piss me off. They shouldn't be charging as much as the cheaper places that have to pay for buildings etc when all they have is a van.

Similar thing to a noodle market in Sydney, big queue, nice food but way over priced.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really miss living in Seoul for this. So goooood
Hell yea I loved SK street food. Saddle up under those orange tents and then grab a fishcake stick, cup of broth, and then dig into some ramyeon, maybe some squid and other fried delights. Oooh shit. Nothing beat coming out of a norebang at like 3am to one of those.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I prefer the small stands where there is a permanent structure over carts. Cart food seems to be either overcooked or salty. If there is some sort of skillet surface then it's best to avoid the cart if it customers aren't flowing, otherwise you are about to buy leather.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017

Why can't I walk outside and drink some unreasonably sugary chai tea by the road side right now. Wake me from this nightmare.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Mexico is just too awesome when it comes to street food. Take a bus to a nearby city and the menu is completely different, too.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Taiwan streetfood is great. Try the smelly tofu!
Singapore is a bit different because the streetfood is bought in dedicated hawkers / food courts.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Taiwan streetfood is great. Try the smelly tofu!
Singapore is a bit different because the streetfood is bought in dedicated hawkers / food courts.
It's way too smelly. I don't even mind the smell of the food itself but the fact that entire blocks smell that strongly is too much. If I were a business nearby I'd be mad lol.

Still haven't / won't try those pig blood peanut stick things though.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Japan kind of sucks with this but it's like 60% of the reason I like traveling to Taiwan all the time. I guess there are food trucks now too but those tend to be pricier, at least in the west.

Man, the night markets in Taipei are unreal. They're huge and packed with delicious street food. I went there every night with my boys when we were in Taipei.

Fried cuttlefish <3

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Give me a boiled hot dog from some dirty-ass cart in New York and I'll be a happy camper. Sucks that the food culture in LA (at least where I am) is dominated by restaurants. Favorite street food is either Hong Kong or Singapore.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Oh boy, Spain sucks so much. There is nothing you can grab and go. I miss Brazil.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I wish my city had a real street food scene. We have a few food trucks but nowhere near an actual food market.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
Give me a boiled hot dog from some dirty-ass cart in New York and I'll be a happy camper. Sucks that the food culture in LA (at least where I am) is dominated by restaurants. Favorite street food is either Hong Kong or Singapore.
Sucks that for the economic reason (but our government likes to call it hygiene), Hongkong street food hawker was driven to extinction.

Ace

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm in China right now, Xining to be exact. Right next to my hotel there's a huge underground food hall with cheap and delicious food.

On the ground level it's street food as far as the eye can see.

I'm in heaven.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Between the Food Ranger and Mark Wiens (and random "my village" youtubers) I think I spend half of my son&dad youtube time with my old dad by watching people in foreign countries eat delicious food. Not that I'm complaining.

...Wiens makes it look best though, on account of his smiley face. Guy can grin with his whole face, so to speak. When he smiles after taking a bite his whole face just radiates happiness. Really makes me want to reach in and have a bite of whatever he's having...
I'm scared about the amount he can shovel in with one bite, though. Which seems kinda like an asian thing, although it also may just be youtube/food related channel bias. Personally, I love eating, and I'm by no means taking small bites, but I'd choke to death on these chunks of food, no doubt. Watching people stuff their cheeks like that, even on video, makes me want to get ready to administer the Heimlich maneuver on reflex.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I really love the street food in China. Just sitting on the street on a 10m tall stool, eating lamb skewers and drink beer.

In the morning get a Jianbing

Jianbing_Shanghai_China-940x520.jpg

In the even Kaolengmian

Bldk-20130711-99999-kaolengmian.jpg

Or Choudoufu:

6797591200_d67eac9269_b.jpg

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
You should try South Korea. Hongdae (ホンデ) and Myeondeong (ミョンドン) have plenty of street foods. It is one of my most memorable thing in seoul

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I miss being able to pick up some empanadas, caramel peanuts, or roasted chestnuts in Buenos Aires.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting that Food Ranger video. Apparently he went to my hometown! Rarely see it on a youtube video.
Man, I miss the food there...

Oct 27, 2017
Street foods is pretty much non existent here in the midwest. Being a big foodie Ive taken it apon myself to try and make things myself. There are hundreds of great street food videos out there to watch and learn. Just now I finished making Teppanyaki chicken with fried eggs,beansprouts and rice. It was delicious.

Video that encouraged me to try it

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
why am i not eating these $2.88 rabbit noodles for dinner. wake me from this nightmare

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
This is one of the saddest things about Australia tbh...

No street food, no street life at all to be honest.

Oct 30, 2017
My experiences have taught me that street food is tasty as fuuuuuuck, but typically unhealthy as all hell. So its just a moderation thing, and I honestly eat it like maybe twice a year. I admire the hustle of someone working on the street, but often times its not worth it b/c I dont carry cash.. like ever, and 99% of the time I encounter it I'm not hungry at all.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, street food is the best! Unfortunately the concept doesn't really exist here in Germany. At least not widely spread and in the traditional sense.
We sometimes get "Street Food Markets" where they invite food trucks from around Germany but since they are so special they ask ridiculous prices.
Some are worth it, most aren't. Last time there was a truck that offered Philly Cheesesteaks. I was excited. Since I have family in the States I've had my fair share of great Cheesesteaks.
It's safe to say the people who own that food truck have never seen a real Philly Cheesesteak in their lives...

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking anecdotally, Los Angeles has some great food trucks, taco stands, and street food all around the city, if you know where to look.