• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think at the moment they are working on the final IE patches for the PC versions of BGEE 1, 2 and Icewind Dale (don't know if Planescape Torment is included afaik the PC version is very stable). There doesn't seem to be much input on the console versions yet other than collecting issues and I imagine there won't be one until this last patch is out. Currently on community testing.

Ah, nice one. Thanks for this. Guess I'll hold out till there's more news.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Playing again on PS4 and the game crashes whenever I try to save (though it does auto save). Looking around, the game appears to have been a buggy mess on consoles since release, but hasn't received a single patch. Have BeamDog abandoned these ports or has anyone heard of any fixes in the pipeline?

Ah, that's real unfortunate. I didn't have too many issues with my playthrough but there were a couple annoying bugs like the game not spawning the UI until a restart if you took a screenshot during a cutscene.

Taking a peak on twitter it sounds like further updates are TBA:

FZed

Dec 30, 2019
Ah, that's real unfortunate. I didn't have too many issues with my playthrough but there were a couple annoying bugs like the game not spawning the UI until a restart if you took a screenshot during a cutscene.

Taking a peak on twitter it sounds like further updates are TBA:

Wow I guess I will continue to hold onto buying it until this very old game is stable enough on these "recent consoles"