• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
099824e1ed5cc747dd824c6a597a256deb287015.jpg

While our team set out with an ambitious vision for a game that combined the massive-scale combat and camaraderie of PlanetSide through a diverse collection of new game modes, it has become clear after several months in Early Access that our population levels make it impossible to sustain the gameplay experience we envisioned.

As a result, PlanetSide Arena will formally shut down servers on
January 10th, 2020 at 5:00 PM (PST)
. We are actively working with Steam to ensure that all players who made purchases during Early Access will automatically receive a full refund to their Steam Wallet after servers shut down in January.

Thank you again for your loyalty and support during Beta and Early Access. Your feedback was invaluable, and your enduring passion for PlanetSide remains the bedrock our community is built upon. As painful as it is to close this chapter so quickly, we remain deeply committed to this franchise, and look forward to continuing this journey through the PlanetSide Universe with all of you.

Andy Sites
Executive Producer, PlanetSide Franchise

Last edited:

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is sad to see. It's always a huge bummer thinking about all the developers that pour their hearts and effort into something and it doesn't pan out. It feels like Daybreak is having a really rough go of things lately.

Damn. It really wasn't that bad.

Everything i've seen of it looks decent, but I think we're at that stage of the battle royale gold rush now. The main games have solidified and now there's going to be a large graveyard of games that don't make it, similar to how MMOs and MOBAs went. There'll be a lot of decent-to-good games that don't make it.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
They REALLY need to figure out a solid strategy for the future of PS, because this has me personally worried.

I know they said their plan is to continue improving and supporting PS2 while they work on PS3. Hopefully they can get everyone to all focus on PS in general now that Arena is going away, and hopefully that also means announcing details about their plans.