• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
The folks in this thread highlighting nurse staffing and pay problems in multiple EU countries has really surprised me. Nursing in the states is a rather high paying field especially for nurses who frequently pickup short notice and holiday shifts which usually pay overtime. Why do nurses seem to get paid less in the EU?
That seems to be true for most professions, honestly.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Except it has exclusive competence in a handful of areas.
Well, all I know is whenever Brussels makes a new shitty decision, Emmanuel Macron just answers them "Yes my Lords" and does whatever the fuck they order him to do (I live in France). Most of the time for the worst. And I know it's the same in other countries. Screw the EU commission, if I might add.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Well, all I know is whenever Brussels makes a new shitty decision, Emmanuel Macron just answers them "Yes my Lords" and does whatever the fuck they order him to do (I live in France). Most of the time for the worst. And I know it's the same in other countries. Screw the EU commission, if I might add.
You guys are lucky in France. You should the see the shit they did ( still doing ) in Italy and even worse in Greece.

These geniuses created a second economic crysis in Italy that is still going lmao... Italy gdp growth since the euro has been 3%

nfw2fi0.gif

Dec 2, 2017
The folks in this thread highlighting nurse staffing and pay problems in multiple EU countries has really surprised me. Nursing in the states is a rather high paying field especially for nurses who frequently pickup short notice and holiday shifts which usually pay overtime. Why do nurses seem to get paid less in the EU?

Nursing is not a profession which requires a university degree in most countries. For example, in Germany, you acquire a nursing license via dual training/an apprenticeship program combined with some school that takes three years to finish. Of course, you can elect to advance your training and specialize later on but it still is different from a Nursing BA or even MA. The other thing is that nurses have fewer responsibilities and aren't allowed to do many things a Registered Nurse does in the US. Something like a Nurse Practitioner doesn't even exist, this is all on physicians.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

besides what was said above, there's also 2 types of nurses. The ones working in hospitals and deal with medicine... and the ones working everywhere else, pretty much acting as .. well there isn't even an english word. Basically washing patients, helping them using the toilet, washing them... basically strictly non-medical stuff.
The latter people usually make minimum wage and doesn't require much of an education. The former however require a diploma/higher education and usually make more than double that. Although that ofc depends on the country too.