• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, Amazon
pvz-1087788.jpeg

"Paul Tobin returns to write the official comic book bridge between video games PvZ: GW2 and PvZ: GW3 with Tim Lattie returning to deliver artwork! Just when you thought Neighborville was safe, the Garden Warfare is back on! Zombies have taken over and forced neighborhood defenders Nate, Patrice, and their fearless plants back on their heels! Not all hope is lost however when an unlikely plant hero comes to the rescue with the fate of Neighborville at stake!"

Source: Comicbook

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well then. Did the second one not flop? I see it's on sale for 5 dollars right now.

CloverQ

Feb 12, 2018
The second game was a really good time back when the playerbase was super active. Hopefully this is the one that is a hit.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First one was great, couldn't be bothered with 2 after playing the beta. New chance now again I guess.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sick! These games are REALLY good but the issue is that the playerbase is kinda low. Not sure what they can do to give it more mainstream appeal.... oh wait, just include a BR mode I guess. lol

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Really enjoyed the first one, but I didn't think the second sold that well ? Guess I was wrong

Game fits into EA's games a service focus. How's Population of the second game in PC/PS4?

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Wasn't Garden Warfare 3 rumoured to be mostly a offline single/coop player game this time?
I remember Garden Warfare 2 ingame they used to give out surveys if people would like a Non multiplayer game

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to buy loot seeds!

The first Garden Warfare actually had a lootbox system I was completely fine with. The drops you you got were usually to do with the character/class you played, and the dearest pack you could buy could be bought after 3 matches at the most (so about 20 minutes of play).

I didn't enjoy the sequel much, gameplay wise, but the original was fantastic. My problem with 2 was the extra characters, and I doubt they'll cut them down.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i hope they take it back to basics like GW. GW2 just felt like there was way too much going on.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome!

One of my favorite series. I hope EA doesn't butcher the DLC model. GW has always managed to strike a good balance of fair micro transactions with free DLC

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Hopefully they have a Switch version released along side the others. From day 1, I've said GW was a series that made sense to be on Switch, way more than FIFA

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The first Garden Warfare actually had a lootbox system I was completely fine with. The drops you you got were usually to do with the character/class you played, and the dearest pack you could buy could be bought after 3 matches at the most (so about 20 minutes of play).

I didn't enjoy the sequel much, gameplay wise, but the original was fantastic. My problem with 2 was the extra characters, and I doubt they'll cut them down.
At least in 2 when they reintroduced MTX to the game, you still didn't buy lootboxes directly and the progression wasn't drastically affected by it.

But I never did pick it back up after they added new characters to it...

Oct 25, 2017
NC

The first game was really good. The peashooter was my favorite class, along with the sunflower.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
i hope they take it back to basics like GW. GW2 just felt like there was way too much going on.

I feel the same. I don't know if I'm willing to jump in for another entry. I stopped playing GW2 a lot faster than the original. Fairly certain that I'm definitely done chasing the platinum for the series entries as well.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cool, I really like the franchise as a whole and I think this spin-off series has been great so far. I'd be day 1 regardless but a Switch version would be a very pleasant bit of news.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
My son loves playing garden warfare 2, just playing against ai, but the menus and story missions etc are all wayyyy too convoluted, just take it back to basics but still allow the vs ai modes etc

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed GW2, definitely going in on this if it continues to look dope. I do wonder if they'll go after the Switch with this iteration, seems like the right time for them to jump in. I hope they do, only because it'll make it more likely I have friends to play with