• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Niiiicccceeee, I Got him, and his glorified flight unit buddy in the backlog, really need to move them up, tho I think I'm doing origin guntank next after I finish effects pack 1 for this guy tomorrow
Origin Guntank is a great little HG. Simple build but it looks great and has good detail. Also my favourite Guntank design.

Scopedog REPRESENT! Did you do a straight build of the HG without the expansion pack? I didn't even bother with the original HG torso, went straight for the expansion version when I started. Haha.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Origin Guntank is a great little HG. Simple build but it looks great and has good detail. Also my favourite Guntank design.

Scopedog REPRESENT! Did you do a straight build of the HG without the expansion pack? I didn't even bother with the original HG torso, went straight for the expansion version when I started. Haha.
I did a straight build for easier storage, only got expansion set 1 and I'll be doing that tomorrow. Tho if I wanna have fun I can always use the spare base torso as a damage paint/cutting experiment since we all know how much this tend to blow up XD. Just the right amount to make a nice prop to go with the upgraded suit XD

Also posted the other week but yeah got 2 more Wataru kits in
IMG_8759.jpg

I now have the entire HG Wataru line XD. Well of what's been released. Wish we were getting Jyakomaru as the next iMGN amplified, heck I'd take any villain suit for that matter, we have more Ryu's then anything XD

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I ended up ordering the P-Bandai DX Ryujinmaru that I posted about. I think that's about as far as I can go with the Wataru line. I'm not a huge fan and imo they are kinda pricey. A word of warning for the HG Amplified IMGN Ryujinmaru that I just built tho - some of the parts are really delicate because of just how sharp the shiny parts are. I've had some.... damage on mine. Dropping any sharp piece at the wrong angle could result in stuff breaking off. Lol. Cactus Robot!

Now... HG Layzner.... when....? Hahahhahaaha.

May 24, 2019
I'm gonna see if I can love this guy with all his problems. I'm just crazy about the V2 look, and the HG wasn't gonna cut it.
BM5l2cy.jpeg

It's a shame that it sounds like it sacrifices so much articulation and sturdiness for a dumb transformation.
I'm not a fan of flying arms and legs.
lHoXmoD.jpeg

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Expansion pack done!

IMG_8790.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

Current display(sadly I just put away the only thing I have in scale, MG Patlabor 2. Shrug)

IMG_8792.jpg

HG Origin Guntank early is next! Done for tonight tho

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Done, was a fun little quick build
IMG_8796.jpg

Now what next, Kuuga and his Bike or one of the Wataru kits(Jyakomaru or the Amplified IGMN duo)…

Jan 20, 2023
started building the daban 1:60 nu

and oh my god this is by far the most plastic i've ever seen in a kit. its utterly stupid tbh

130 runners, 2000 pieces, apparently?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Forgot to post this. Much better pose and photo of BlingBoy2001:

GLBMmb9aEAA0dlx
Sigh, I really, really hope we can at least get Jyakomaru in this style. Give me a main villain suit in this line!
Also trying to decide if I'm building this guy and Kujinmaru next, Jyakomaru, or Kamen Rider Kuuga and his bike

…or black luster soldier since a buddy said I should so I'm tempted.
Current main boxed backlog:

IMG_8797.jpg

Oh hm wonder if we'll get a shipping window for HG Xabungle next week

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That's a bad bad bad backlog lol. I had something like that once and it shamed me into not buying anything for a year plus.
Oh I'm on a buying freeze for a bit outside of some standing preorders… barring something shocking from p-Bandai or some Bandai Getter Robo kits getting announced(got my fingers crossed on the original trio for the 50th. Like a HG 2/3 and RG Getter 1). Tho I did say boxed backlog… I uh may have a trunk with another 25-30 kits that I put in bags for easier travel/storage a bit back.

On the flipside I've been doing a kit a week to help keep my nerves together. It's a major destressor for me.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
You and me both. Since I moved into house last year at least I have more space and could finally cancel the storage room I was renting to hold part of it. My attic is already pretty much full already though.
I don't want to count the boxes I have of models to build because it would be a stupid and irresponsible number.

I do find that I take longer to build models than when I first started, which is not something I considered when I was building a model a day. I also find it a lot easier to get burned out especially with models that a symmetrical.

I've been working on the RG unicorn and I had to take a day off after finishing the first leg because I knew the second leg would just be exactly the same.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I don't want to count the boxes I have of models to build because it would be a stupid and irresponsible number.

I do find that I take longer to build models than when I first started, which is not something I considered when I was building a model a day. I also find it a lot easier to get burned out especially with models that a symmetrical.

I've been working on the RG unicorn and I had to take a day off after finishing the first leg because I knew the second leg would just be exactly the same.

Now that I do have everything in one place I would like to finally get around to making a list of everything so I don't potentially buy things again that I forgot I had already (multiples already in some cases even).

At least you are still building! Last thing I completed was probably RG Zeong and have been on a break since. Still buying though when there are things that strike my fancy. Oddly haven't bought a single witch from mercury kit at all. Been getting some of the new Seed and Build stuff though.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Now that I do have everything in one place I would like to finally get around to making a list of everything so I don't potentially buy things again that I forgot I had already (multiples already in some cases even).

At least you are still building! Last thing I completed was probably RG Zeong and have been on a break since. Still buying though when there are things that strike my fancy. Oddly haven't bought a single witch from mercury kit at all. Been getting some of the new Seed and Build stuff though.
Glad my backlog isn't that big that I have to think about that. Like I said I've been doing bout a kit a week. It's a critical destressor for me. Sometimes 2 weeks if stuff pops up.

Tho I will say when HG Xabungle gets in next month it's shooting to the top of my list

May 24, 2019
Had my first part break ever with the Victory Two ver Ka.
7bz6OoO.jpeg

The circled peg on E24 snapped right off when I did the part rotation exactly as instructed (the peg is back on the part with superglue in the pic). I figured the pieces pushed against each other in the movement and put pressure on the peg, so on the other side I sanded down the round part of E28 and it rotated without a hitch.
I might just glue the mechanism down completely since I don't think I'll be interested in transforming the body (see my last post about flight forms with limbs poking out)

edit: And now making further sections, there are plenty more skinny peg hinges that I'm terrified of stressing!

edit2: The spare core fighter is done.
ppECy5O.jpeg

Last edited:

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Yeah that will be me. It will me mostly just scale though Gundam will be kept to the main feeds. Mostly just choosing what I think is interesting that is added to the site each day (which sadly for scale there are days when there could be nothing -_-)
Speaking of scale models, a while back I was thinking of building a Type 95 Ha-Go Japanese WW2 tank after visiting a museum here. I did a bit of googling and found out that scale model kits tend to go out of print and that for tanks there's a period of time where the best ones were rebranded or launched with Girls und Panzer? I was very confused. Anyway, if I prefer not to have to handle glue and paint, would scale model kits still make sense to explore these days? Or are building almost perfect out of the box kits something unique to Bandai stuff? Lol.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Speaking of scale models, a while back I was thinking of building a Type 95 Ha-Go Japanese WW2 tank after visiting a museum here. I did a bit of googling and found out that scale model kits tend to go out of print and that for tanks there's a period of time where the best ones were rebranded or launched with Girls und Panzer? I was very confused. Anyway, if I prefer not to have to handle glue and paint, would scale model kits still make sense to explore these days? Or are building almost perfect out of the box kits something unique to Bandai stuff? Lol.

For tanks the ones available will pretty much all need glue and paint. There is some scale stuff out there that does not need glue and paint but that's mostly cars (Aoshima's recent 'The Snap' 1/32 line and soon they have some 1/24 stuff coming, Fujimi has been doing a number of snap 1/24 stuff as well like the FJ Cruiser). Fujimi also has a line of 1/700 scale WWII ship kits which are snap fit. Meng model has done some snap aircraft/ship stuff (1/48 Mustang comes to mind). Those are about the best I can think of off the top of my head.

For armor one of the easier ways to get into it is the Tamiya 1/48 scale line as they are not too expensive (box is same size as an HG Gundam too) and Tamiya kits are notorious for being able to build easily. No Type 95 sadly (they are stupidly subjective what they make) and they do require glue/paint though. For glue Tamiya Extra thin or GSI Creos Mr Cement S or SP feels like cheating in a way since it's so easy to work with. Paint though can be a hassle but that's part of the fun for many. One thing to note for armor stuff too is it usually comes molded in a color that would match the tank and tanks are largely always one color. So you really could just get away with gluing them together, maybe painting a few bits here and there (Gundam markers may even be enough here) then give it a spray of flat top coat and you would have a pretty good looking kit near straight out the box.

Girls un Panzer stuff is run by Platz and they are the importer for Dragon here in Japan so they'll rebox a lot of older Dragon stuff in Girls und Panzer boxings then throw in the special decals for it. They will use kits from other makers from time to time (Fine Molds Type 95 was a recent one).

I wish Bandai would dabble in scale stuff (historically they did scale I have a 1/24 Bandai Zero fighter kit and some 1/48 Bandai tanks in the stash somewhere). Some easy to build Bandai quality 1/48th scale armor kits would be the bee's knees. But they have enough on their plate as it is at the moment.

Jan 20, 2023
Yeah that will be me. It will me mostly just scale though Gundam will be kept to the main feeds. Mostly just choosing what I think is interesting that is added to the site each day (which sadly for scale there are days when there could be nothing -_-)
Oh that's awesome, definitely following. It's nice to see what the HLJ main page posts, but there is a fair amount of imo, spam, of the last chance to preorder stuff over and over again, which 99/100 times is something i'm not interested in. Not to mention the fair amount of NSFW adjacent stuff which my wife constantly judges me for. And i assure her i'm only there for the robots. But i'm not sure she believes me lmao

If there was a feed that did the same, but only for model kits, yeah, i'm in.

pop up parade vtubers? drakeno.jpg
robots? drakeyes.jpg

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Saw Deathscythe Hell at a local store for $47, so I decided to make it my first MG. I look forward to working on it in the coming month or so!

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
For tanks the ones available will pretty much all need glue and paint. There is some scale stuff out there that does not need glue and paint but that's mostly cars (Aoshima's recent 'The Snap' 1/32 line and soon they have some 1/24 stuff coming, Fujimi has been doing a number of snap 1/24 stuff as well like the FJ Cruiser). Fujimi also has a line of 1/700 scale WWII ship kits which are snap fit. Meng model has done some snap aircraft/ship stuff (1/48 Mustang comes to mind). Those are about the best I can think of off the top of my head.

For armor one of the easier ways to get into it is the Tamiya 1/48 scale line as they are not too expensive (box is same size as an HG Gundam too) and Tamiya kits are notorious for being able to build easily. No Type 95 sadly (they are stupidly subjective what they make) and they do require glue/paint though. For glue Tamiya Extra thin or GSI Creos Mr Cement S or SP feels like cheating in a way since it's so easy to work with. Paint though can be a hassle but that's part of the fun for many. One thing to note for armor stuff too is it usually comes molded in a color that would match the tank and tanks are largely always one color. So you really could just get away with gluing them together, maybe painting a few bits here and there (Gundam markers may even be enough here) then give it a spray of flat top coat and you would have a pretty good looking kit near straight out the box.

Girls un Panzer stuff is run by Platz and they are the importer for Dragon here in Japan so they'll rebox a lot of older Dragon stuff in Girls und Panzer boxings then throw in the special decals for it. They will use kits from other makers from time to time (Fine Molds Type 95 was a recent one).

I wish Bandai would dabble in scale stuff (historically they did scale I have a 1/24 Bandai Zero fighter kit and some 1/48 Bandai tanks in the stash somewhere). Some easy to build Bandai quality 1/48th scale armor kits would be the bee's knees. But they have enough on their plate as it is at the moment.
Thank you so much for the detailed write up. I really appreciate it! <3

arit

Oct 29, 2017
fdUpqSF.jpeg

Really struggling with my motivation to finish it, even though it is almost done.
But Bandai/Kotobukiya have spoiled me over the years in terms of things just fitting making this one somewhat tedious.
While the metal plated pieces are a nice idea, it adds to pieces not fitting and I don't really like having particles flying around after cutting as well as some parts having their nubs on visible places which just does not look nice.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Oh that's awesome, definitely following. It's nice to see what the HLJ main page posts, but there is a fair amount of imo, spam, of the last chance to preorder stuff over and over again, which 99/100 times is something i'm not interested in. Not to mention the fair amount of NSFW adjacent stuff which my wife constantly judges me for. And i assure her i'm only there for the robots. But i'm not sure she believes me lmao

If there was a feed that did the same, but only for model kits, yeah, i'm in.

pop up parade vtubers? drakeno.jpg
robots? drakeyes.jpg

Hah! I can't share too much but that is something else that I am working on. I have the same feelings about some of that.... stuff but as you can imagine it sells so that's why it ends up on the front so much.

Thank you so much for the detailed write up. I really appreciate it! <3

Not a problem! Always happy to help any way I can with any questions related to models and what not. One nice thing with those Tamiya 1/48 armor kits too they are rather cheap so even just building them with no paint or screwing them up somehow doesn't cost a lot to give it another go. I have a number of them in the attic and a Tiger I that was only glued together with no paint somewhere in a box (likely in pieces now hah).

Speaking of which I moved nearly a full year ago and so much stuff is still just sitting in boxes...

Jan 20, 2023

PLAMAX MF-87 minimum factory Shin Japan Heroes Universe | HLJ.com

This minimum factory model kit from Max Factory brings us a three-dimensional version of the main visual for Shin Japan Heroes Universe drawn by Mahiro Maeda! This miraculous collaboration brings together Shin Godzilla, Rebuild of Evangelion, Shin Ultraman and Shin Kamen Rider! Each model kit...

this set is going to be very cool. great display piece, cool even if unpainted. Might have to grab it

oh oh actually a candy paint job on all of them would looks sick

May 24, 2019
Here's my V2 ver Ka with one arm still waiting to dry from topcoating. I think he looks so sick.
aebuvgb.jpeg

PLAMAX MF-87 minimum factory Shin Japan Heroes Universe | HLJ.com

This minimum factory model kit from Max Factory brings us a three-dimensional version of the main visual for Shin Japan Heroes Universe drawn by Mahiro Maeda! This miraculous collaboration brings together Shin Godzilla, Rebuild of Evangelion, Shin Ultraman and Shin Kamen Rider! Each model kit...

this set is going to be very cool. great display piece, cool even if unpainted. Might have to grab it

oh oh actually a candy paint job on all of them would looks sick
"The size difference between the characters ears is faithfully reproduced"
Now that's attention to detail!

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Kwnx5Os.jpeg

I have no idea if I'll keep the Patchwork armor (X1 dark blue right shoulder, X3 light blue everything else) or go full X1, plus the new shield.
I hope I can ditch the X3 right arm thing and put the Brand Marker (beam effect punch gauntlet) on instead.
The instructions tell you to throw all that stuff away, lol.

edit: Definitely going with the X3 red V-fin. All these extra options are great.
x14ix88.jpeg

Doing gold accents cause I don't have a yellow G-marker (and eff colour correcting stickers), but I think they look pretty nice next to the dark blue.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Copped the MG Zeta Ver Ka. Originally wanted to get either the HG Calibarn or Schwarzette but they were sold out lol (and the shelves had a "1 per customer" sign and everything)

May 24, 2019
Copped the MG Zeta Ver Ka. Originally wanted to get either the HG Calibarn or Schwarzette but they were sold out lol (and the shelves had a "1 per customer" sign and everything)
Nice. I love mine except for losing half my decals trying to transform it! I just recently got the ZZ ver Ka to join him.

I finished the Crossbone. It's the Patchwork version, so it came with X1 and X3 armour runners. I basically just made the X1 except with red clasps and Vfin from the X3, which I think look sleek as heck with the dark blue.
I wish it also had the X0 in there cause that yellow underboob bit was red in that kit.
Ow9hewg.jpeg

I don't have a yellow marker, but I do have a gold Sharpie, so the few bits you have to paint/sticker (circles in shoulders, beam hilts poking out next to the neck, bits on the back X) got a little blinged out.
edit: Also silver Sharpied the edge of the pirate saber and X thrusters.

Not sure if I'll use the waterslides.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Goddamn, I'm on a buy freeze because I'm moving but that's tempting.
I'm inbetween things so I'm on a freeze to barring some PBandai orders(the site being down so long is messing with me, when is my shipping soon notification for Xabungle Bandai!) and a couple standing BBtS preorders that are mainly some big reprints I've been wanting and don't wanna miss(but also don't know when they'll arrive)

But I got tons of backlog to work on

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I'm inbetween things so I'm on a freeze to barring some PBandai orders(the site being down so long is messing with me, when is my shipping soon notification for Xabungle Bandai!) and a couple standing BBtS preorders that are mainly some big reprints I've been wanting and don't wanna miss(but also don't know when they'll arrive)

But I got tons of backlog to work on
What's with the site maintenance anyway? It's been almost a week now. Seems quite extreme for a store service.