Plastic Scale Modelling |OT| Gunpla and Everything Else

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
There are, indeed, Apharmd kits from Hasegawa. I don't know if there are old Kotobukiya ones.
Three of them (I have another one not pictured here) are in the backlog but I haven't built any Virtual On kit yet. :S

Oooo good to know, I had no idea Hasagawa made them. Will have to look for one while shopping or amazon it. There doesn't seem to be much info on these weirdly.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
The Catalan Republic
Oooo good to know, I had no idea Hasagawa made them. Will have to look for one while shopping or amazon it. There doesn't seem to be much info on these weirdly.
The Hasegawa kits are mostly regular and limited editions of the following Virtuaroids from Force and Marz:
  • Temjin
  • Fei-Yen
  • Apharmd
  • Myzr
  • Guarayakha
  • Kagekiyo
The limited editions usually represent player 2, 3 or 4 colours with different weapons than the regular one.
The one in the image you posted looks like it's available as the Apharmd T type F.
Be warned, none of the Apharmd kits have camo pants out of the box. The Fei-Yen kits come with huge waterslide sheets for the maid stripes and the Temjin as well for all the detail colours but Apharmd comes with very few waterslides.

The Virtuaroid designs from previous games are used in the older Kotobukiya kits e.g. Raiden.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So, I finished the MG Ver.Ka ZZ and the MG Phenex.

Quick review of the two.

ZZ is fantastic in every way really, unless you don't like chunky suits. And then there is the matter of the waterslides.... I gave up after about 30 or so applied and a couple breaking on me.

Whenever I do another waterslide monster I'll probably apply them during the building process.

The MG Phenex is a stunning looking kit, but is held up by the fact that it's based on an older kit.

There is absolutely zero undergating so you will get lots of, and large, nubmarks. Thankfully a golden Gundam Marker covers them up decently, otherwise it looks like someone splashed white paint on the kit.
I did not bother with the waterslides on this kit because they seemed unnecessary in Destroy Mode.

The waist is rather floppy because of the transformation so it's difficult to pose.

Now I've started on a 1/1700 scale Argama with zero experience in painting kits. I'll mostly see it as a fun learning experience :)

And to be honest, I looked into my PG Strike Freedom box and started breaking into cold sweat :p