• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Just noticed this thing burried under Kotos other stuff.

k047-1.jpg

k048-1.jpg

It checks so many of my boxes...

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
That thing is big. I wasn't even aware that it had not two but four of the Full Armor Unicorn boosters.
Do you have the space to have it displayed?
One can often find a spot for very tall kits so that they don't take an inordinate amount of space but wide kits often end hogging the shelf.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got it displayed on top of that DVD shelf so it's all good.

I usually rotate what I have displayed. I can't have too many displayed here, but once I can move out of where I'm staying and get my own place I'll have more freedom to, let's say, decorate. That's also why I have my PG Unicorn still sitting at my dads place.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Is the Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina the only Real Grade that never had a previous Master Grade at the moment of release?

EDIT: I see the Justice Gundam as well. If we are being picky the Norn variant of Banshee was P-Bandai and I'm not sure the skygrasper was ever released as part of an MG even though it was as a PG.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Both list Ippei Gyoubu as one of the mechanical designers so the similarities would make sense.
I see. To be honest, I am really not feeling this one. The armor is way too busy and I also don't like robots with small head but big antennas (like Barbatos). Just from some quick searches on Google, apparently he is responsible for all the MS of Gaelio, Gusion (original) and some of the others. I love Vidar and the original Gusion so he is good in my book lol.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like an IBO kit, especially around the legs and feet.

Thought it could be IBO too until I noticed the energy weapon.

But yeah, Starwing Paradox looks fun, I need to try it next time I'm at an arcade. Sadly arcade games these days are rarely just pop your coin in and play haha. Gotta read a tutorial pamphlet and what not then jump in -oldmanstatus-

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
I am way too excited for the upcoming Nintendo Direct, so I needed to do something to blow off steam. Decided to paint the wheels of Voltrex (Hexa Gear) with sliver. I applied a layer of Vallejo grey surface primer first before spraying Mr Color 8 (Metallic Silver).

It has been a while since I painted with airbrush so I was afraid of messing up, yet the outcome turns out nicely. Very happy with this paint job.
lpiAtUx.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I am way too excited for the upcoming Nintendo Direct, so I needed to do something to blow off steam. Decided to paint the wheels of Voltrex (Hexa Gear) with sliver. I applied a layer of Vallejo grey surface primer first before spraying Mr Color 8 (Metallic Silver).

It has been a while since I painted with airbrush so I was afraid of messing up, yet the outcome turns out nicely. Very happy with this paint job.
lpiAtUx.jpg
I know that feeling, I'm building my chopper mole mech tomorrow for the same reason

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As my first Master Grade and my second Gunpla overall, the GM Command was a lot of fun to build, even if it took a ridiculously long time. I love the utilitarian design and it was neat seeing how much more complex the Master Grades are than the High Grades.

EOGt1r0.jpg

P0vx7nk.jpg

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Were the silver parts separate pieces that you painted while disassembled or did you have to mask them? I don't know how I would go about masking round borders.

As my first Master Grade and my second Gunpla overall, the GM Command was a lot of fun to build, even if it took a ridiculously long time. I love the utilitarian design and it was neat seeing how much more complex the Master Grades are than the High Grades.

EOGt1r0.jpg

P0vx7nk.jpg

Nice! For those unsure whether to make the jump from HG to MG, while it is true that the build takes longer and it is more complex,that doesn't mean it is necessarily more difficult.
As you said, there's something appealing about the utilitarian designs of the GMs and I wish they used the RG RX-78-2 base to release at least one in that grade.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Fun albeit quick build!
DnFp5Wgh.jpg

Two more left(one I need to order) then Time to combine them into the giant chopper mech!

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

EOGt1r0.jpg

P0vx7nk.jpg
Yo my guy, I got the same kit the other week lol.

I like the way you think. I too like mechs with more utilitarian designs. Not necessary super realistic of course. I soft spot for more grunt mobile suits like Zakus and GMs. Of course I do love the original Gundam.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm itching for a new kit. In the mean time, I'll probably give brush painting another go. Besides working a bit more on the Mass Production Eva for practice, I was thinking of grabbing another RX-78-2 and painting it to see how it goes (since it's probably the cheapest kit and quite simple overall).

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
The Chobham armor is an (anime accurate) waste of resources and build time.
It's tremendously ugly and I used it exactly once to get a photo. After that, my 1.0 Alex has always been armorless.

Now I have to decide what to do with my unbuilt HG Crossbone, maybe a custom paintjob is an option but I ended doing nothing special with my HG Build Strike so we'll see how it goes.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping that Alex they teased would be an RG. Not sure if I like the design enough to devote the money and shelf space to an MG, I find it a little generic (and ugly as sin with the armor).

What's the over/under that we get kits for Daemon X Machina?

No idea but I'd love to see it. I'm also naively hoping we might see kits based on the javelins from Anthem.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I painted a couple more coats on the Mass Eva wings; I'm still not sure I'm doing it properly. In the end I got the paint to what looked like a correct consistency; there are still some spots where the paint won't seem to stick, and that lead to some unevenness in the coat (the awful first coat I did a couple of months ago certainly didn't help with that).
I think the biggest mistake I was making was trying to "spread" and even out the paint in each section, instead of doing one or two brushstrokes, moving to the spot next to that, and then getting some more paint on the brush.

I'm pretty sure that sentence doesn't make much sense, so I'll just post a picture. Besides some clear brushstrokes and uneven areas, you can also notice an attempt at masking a part of the wing (mostly just to try it out, it wasn't really necessary).
lQKhSoH.jpg

All in all, without too much light on them, they don't look that bad I think. If anyone has any advice, I'd be happy to hear it!

EDIT: In the right conditions the kit looks kinda cool.
kyPEYxT.png

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Looks great in that last shot.

Also the big boy Gustav Karl drops today. Don't know if I want to trudge out to the mall to get it though, been a tough week. The store near me is owned by an old couple so they don't update the kits right away :(

Quinnzel

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Dipped my toes back into Gundam for the first time in ages since I was a kid watching IBO. First ever model kit came today, Zaku II (I love the more plain 'grunt' looking mechs) and can't wait to build it!

vjpVKCM_d.jpg

Edit: Coupla hours, and he's done! Lot less fidgety than I expected (though i suspect MG and RG will be faaar more difficult for me)
Wanna weather and paint it at some point, maybe add some custom decals etc.
sAO99hl_d.jpg

Last edited:

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Sitting here waiting for my AE-86 model to arrive from Japan after a month+. Amazon won't refund, and the seller says to contact them about a refund if it hasn't arrived a week after it's scheduled delivery date. It's been over a week since then now and I can't get my money back.

Sick of Amazon

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
HGBF RGM-237C Powered GM Cardigan
I wish they made Fumina keep piloting regular MS. Having her relegated to SD was a waste. Even if it has a bunch of add-ons, as most of Build Fighters kits are wont to do, it still retains the utilitarian look that we love in GMs.
Apart from the usual panel lines, the only thing I painted was the grey in the middle of the backpack.

DziJLMiXQAEQdGt.jpg

DziJLMkWoAESlzH.jpg

DziJLMkXcAA8v69.jpg

DziJQFnWoAAh_Ez.jpg

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
HGBF RGM-237C Powered GM Cardigan
I wish they made Fumina keep piloting regular MS. Having her relegated to SD was a waste. Even if it has a bunch of add-ons, as most of Build Fighters kits are wont to do, it still retains the utilitarian look that we love in GMs.
Apart from the usual panel lines, the only thing I painted was the grey in the middle of the backpack.

DziJLMiXQAEQdGt.jpg

DziJLMkWoAESlzH.jpg

DziJLMkXcAA8v69.jpg

DziJQFnWoAAh_Ez.jpg
Nice! On the contrary, I grew up building SD gundams, so I was very happy by the presence of SD in Builders Season 1. I will probably get all the SD from that show.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Do you guys have a preferred brand for matte spray?

I found one at home, that I probably bought and forgot. Don't recognize the brand and don't know how long it been sitting there.

Nov 3, 2017
I'm thinking of building my first RG. Any recommendations for which kits to try? I've heard a bunch of them can be pretty findly

Aesthetic wise, I like One Year War Zeon suits, but I'm pretty happy to build anything

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm thinking of building my first RG. Any recommendations for which kits to try? I've heard a bunch of them can be pretty findly

Aesthetic wise, I like One Year War Zeon suits, but I'm pretty happy to build anything
I built the Zaku II for my first RG kit and I thought it was nice. Can never have too many Zakus.

I would say be careful with the coils. I dropped one of the pieces and took forever to find it.