• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
some of the ver Kas might come with some waterslides, but i think everything else is just stickers. Waterslides are usually premium and you have to buy them seperately

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
some of the ver Kas might come with some waterslides, but i think everything else is just stickers. Waterslides are usually premium and you have to buy them seperately
Of the Ver.Ka I have, the following come with waterslides:
  • Nu
  • Hi-Nu
  • Sinanju Stein
  • Victory Two
  • Sazabi
While these do not:
  • V-Dash
  • Ball
  • Crossbone
  • Wing
  • RX-78-2
  • FA Unicorn
So it seems all Ver.Ka until FA Unicorn use stickers and starting with Nu they include waterslides.
The regular non Ver.Ka Sinanju has gold trim that looks like waterslides on first inspection.
The two MegaSize I own (RX-78-2 and Char's Zaku II) also come with a few waterslides. They are big but not as numerous as what you get on a MG.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok here we MG Shadow Gundam finished! Was a fun pretty straightforward build despite its age(2002) then again it's lucky compared to 90% of G Gundam suits in having a modern kit at all. Thankfully it's simple design works pretty well.
Painted the vents and did panel lining, that's all

cJLtx8h.jpg

Also for fun the more modern hgfc Shining Gundam For size comparison
UFbPyLN.jpg

n5VMjfm.jpg

Also for fun, gen 1 core vs first spinoff(gen 9, 15 years difference) core design(by show I mean obviously) always fun to see how the core design is adapted to each shows twist
0wWePUd.jpg

And now my backlog is down to hgfc Burning Gundam(which I plan to paint like shining), and mg 00 Qan[T] full saber. Also yes I plan to take some picks with these two with Master Gundam and F-91.

Not sure when I'll order some more(or if I may get a chance to pop by Barnes & Nobles). I do know RG Tallgeese is on my must get list(I mean I'd like most of the main wing suits but that's the most common currently), wouldn't mind the hg Turn A either

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Just my opinion but normally I clean panel lines after 30 seconds to a minute after applying. I use that time to cut the next piece from the runner alternating the two tasks in consecutive pieces. Usually I'll just use my fingers or an eraser because the ink hasn't dried in such a short time. Alcohol I only use if I left something to dry for too long. I feel that applying it early removes too much ink and makes everything runny.

Seams are to be avoided by any panel lining action unless you want to specifically accentuate them. Ink on spots that were cut or scratched can be solved by these methods depending on your goals:
  • Cut or scratch some of the plastic. Bad if the plastic is already at the level you wanted, so a last resort solution that sometimes works and sometimes makes it worse hence the following solution
  • Panel line before you do the final nub cleaning. Any dirtied plastic on the nub is removed when you clean nubs after panel lining. Not always possible but it gets nice results so it's my preferred choice even if it's a bit lengthy.
  • If you paint your gunpla, simply paint over it. Depending on the situation this means redoing some work which can be exhausting. Most of the time I don't even paint my gunpla except detailing so I hardly ever use this.
I'll try to hold off and wait a little bit before I start removing the ink. I found this morning that I was still cleaning the panel lines too quick and making everything too runny, sometimes removing them completely to where they need to be redone. When it gets runny I have to burn through a lot of cotton swabs too. I need to find better cotton swabs I think because they are holding and releasing way too much alcohol, even after wiping them against a paper towel to dry them a bit. I use some cheap standard cotton swabs, and then some very tiny pointed Tamiya detail swabs. Those barely hold any alcohol but it also seems like they don't remove much panel liner.

Then again you suggested an eraser so maybe I'll swing by the store in the morning after work and buy a few to throw in my toolbox and give them a try.
I'm not making any mistakes with lining over nubs or seams on my Sazabi though, with the exception of some seams on the back of heel that looked like they were supposed to be lines in the armor. My God Hands have helped with the nubs and I'm lining as I build this time rather than waiting to line the kit at the end. I'm debating whether I should sticker as I go too, but I probably won't. I think it'd be easier to knock them all out at the end, but then again there are only two stickers per side per foot that I would need to do, 8 total.

I've got some pics I'll post tomorrow. Been up long enough today.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Posting the Master Grade RGM-89 Jegan.
This is one of the new Master Grades that don't feature ABS for the inner frame. Overall, it's OK but it has two black marks: first, that a kit from 2018 features hands with swapable fingers is preposterous. It doesn't need 3.0 style hands but give me 2.0 hands at least. Second, it's all stickers which I consider a regression. Dry transfers can be a bitch to apply but they look good when done well.
All in all, the kit shows that it is a grunt suit and it looks like Bandai cut a couple of corners to be able to produce it as cheap as it is. I have to admit I would not be able to resist getting a Stark Jegan variant if Bandai ever released it in Master Grade form but that hypothetical kit not being P-Bandai is highly unlikely.

EFFurqFWwAEQQjC

EFFusrqXsAAKdxA

EFFutuJW4AI5cDo

EFFuu04WwAA-IhB

Comparison pics with another scale Jegan coming in a few days.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I know I said in my last post that I'd post pics tomorrow but I'm still not ready to fall asleep and I had already uploaded them to imgur, so I'll go ahead and post them now.

Up first are a few of the finished RG 00 QAN[T]. I guess I'm happy with it. There are some things I could have done better, and I know it could look better if painted and topcoated. It was fun to build though and I enjoyed working on it. I definitely have more pride in it than the few early-2000's HG kits from my teenage years that were my only prior model kit experience.

HQWaX8El.jpg

7YUdKUml.jpg

EpoqbwGl.jpg

MiRs7hLl.jpg

Next up is the SD EX-S Red Frame Astray I did a few days back. After I finish the EW Wing Zero that I bought at the same time as this one, I will swear off EX-S kits for good. I like the proportions compared to the BB Senshi line but the amount of large stickers and the amount of empty negative space and lack of detail on the back of the unit are not things I like. It sucks that the large color-correcting stickers that need to fold down into and conform to plastic turned out so poorly on most of the suit too because the head went very smoothly and I was really happy with it. I messed up so bad on the right arm sticker that I just left it off though. Oh well, it's in my daughter's room now. Maybe I'll buy some SD EX-S kits for her to do soon though. But for me? Never again. Tell you what though, I really wanna buy the RG Red Frame Astray now. I'd like to get the Hi-Res Red Frame Astray kit too but I'm not ready to spend over $100 on a gunpla kit yet (unless it's the Deep Striker, but I should still hold off on that one for a while longer).

0Fxr6Ohl.jpg

bUMXAO7l.jpg

ZGwGOLIl.jpg

Lastly are some pics of my current WIP: the RG Sazabi. I assembled most of one foot a few weekends back but was waiting on some new markers and tools before pressing on (that's when I bought the SD EX-S kits and assembled the Astray). I got up to this point this morning and stopped. My Liquid Chrome marker came in and I intended on doing the foil stickers areas in marker but now I'm not sure if I want to pull off the tiny dot stickers on the front of the shins that look bad because they had to be pressed into a recessed hole, or just leave them and do future parts in marker. Included are size comparison pics of the feet next to the 00. I've seen plenty of pics of this Sazabi next to the MG Ver Ka or other suits but I still don't think I'm prepared for how big it will wind up being. It's not much done yet but I'm liking it. It's a different build from the QAN[T] so far though, where the entire inner frame was assembled before adding any armor.

knk95tTl.jpg

AHCgvd8l.jpg

tiSA4pnl.jpg

051qLPIl.jpg

8C2evgRl.jpg

N7zMMdyl.jpg

S1UxmmFl.jpg

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Haven't had time to build anything lately, backlog keeps piling, RG Tallgeese-III is on its way to me, and I caved and ordered the RG Crossbones X2. RIP.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't had time to build anything lately, backlog keeps piling, RG Tallgeese-III is on its way to me, and I caved and ordered the RG Crossbones X2. RIP.
Two suits I'd love to get my hands on. I think that the RG Nu is going to be my next purchase, but I need to see what the availability of the P-Bandai Fin Funnel set is like and if they are getting scarce. I may buy the RG Astray Red Frame before Nu but I need a Nu to go with this Sazabi I'm working on.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Backlog? i bought 5 kits just this past WEEKEND. I got yo backlog
I'm not going to criticize a backlog when mine is bigger than it should be but what made me curious is that I think I only remember seeing you post in this thread the RG Zeta which you seemed to hate. Do you build but don't post photos, simply enjoying the plamo conversation, or do you just grow the backlog while not actually building much? :P

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to criticize a backlog when mine is bigger than it should be but what made me curious is that I think I only remember seeing you post in this thread the RG Zeta which you seemed to hate. Do you build but don't post photos, simply enjoying the plamo conversation, or do you just grow the backlog while not actually building much? :P

I build but dont post photos mostly. But my main problem is that i build infrequently, while still buying everything i want like an idiot

PonsArak

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I finished my first gunpla. I do plan on do panel lining and a matte topcoat on my first gunpla, but still waiting on some supplies to arrive. Had such a good time putting this bad boy together. Definitely improved my nub removal techniques. Have 2 more HR kits, plan on refining my nub removal tech and doing a custom paint job with priming and multiple protective coats between paint layers on the next one, then do weathering on my 3rd HG kit.
GKJAz.jpg

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I know we all love fuzzy image teasers.

ec87161.jpg

If you can't tell, those are posters for a PG Perfect Strike, MG FAZZ Ver. KA and something labeled G40. And HG Earthree Gundam.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RG Phenex...P-Bandai

1jyri3j031p31.png

My disappointment is immeasurable. I was really hoping this would be a retail kit.

Regarding PG Perfect Strike...it's a P-Bandai expansion pack.

201909270004171.jpg

My old PG Strike bit the dust a while ago. Guess it's time for a re-build.

P-BandaI MG Blast Impulse Gundam is a thing as well.

At least the MG FAZZ looks like it's retail (for now). It's the Sentinel Version, releases February 2020 for 11,000 yen.

sc2xbjyh61p31.jpg

Last edited:

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
At the show now. Hey at least some new surprises unlike usual lately. Didnt have time to sit through the video they are showing for the G40 HG Gundam kit though. Looks interesting.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think I will get the Phenex.
The Mazinger Z Black version looks nice but I already have the regular edition.

Is this trend of having more P bandai releases than regular retail releases a recent trend? Only got into the hobby recently.

Edit: It seems like the Phenex is going to be 11k yen lol. Depending on whether I have the budget I might not get it after all.

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Of all the reinterpretations of RX-78-2 I've seen over the years, Bandai chose one ugly motherfucker for this HG G40 Industrial Design Ver. or whatever it's called.
Not getting this ever even if it got an insane discount. I'm really not sure what they are going for because it seems a bit expensive for an HG even if I were to like the design.
It does seem to have some advanced articulation. Here's hoping the technological advancements are used in something with a look that doesn't make you want to toss it in the trash.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Of all the reinterpretations of RX-78-2 I've seen over the years, Bandai chose one ugly motherfucker for this HG G40 Industrial Design Ver. or whatever it's called.
Not getting this ever even if it got an insane discount. I'm really not sure what they are going for because it seems a bit expensive for an HG even if I were to like the design.
It does seem to have some advanced articulation. Here's hoping the technological advancements are used in something with a look that doesn't make you want to toss it in the trash.

Yes somehow it looks like it combined ugly parts of other similar gunpla into one. The chest and face looks odd.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Yes somehow it looks like it combined ugly parts of other similar gunpla into one. The chest and face looks odd.
Once you see the goofy face made by its chest you cannot unsee it.
The more I look at the articulation the more impressed I am and the more disappointed I am that it was used on something that I dislike so much. And this is coming from someone who is perfectly fine with the design of G-Self and Turn-A (as examples of somewhat unconventional Gundams).

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wubby hope you don't mind me asking you a question, since you're at the show. I know the Perfect Strike expansion set for the old PG Strike is a P-Bandai item, but I'm seeing some people saying that the entire Perfect Strike package (PG Strike + the add-ons) will be a retail release in February. 25,000 yen I believe. Is there any kind of information at the display to show that's true or is the entire thing P-Bandai?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Once you see the goofy face made by its chest you cannot unsee it.
The more I look at the articulation the more impressed I am and the more disappointed I am that it was used on something that I dislike so much. And this is coming from someone who is perfectly fine with the design of G-Self and Turn-A (as examples of somewhat unconventional Gundams).

3UoNLqk.jpg

Yup. Looks like a derpy character from Cars or some other cartoon.

And the G Self was what got me into Gunpla building this year so I really don't mind unconventional designs either.
The legs and feet of this new model looks good. It's really just the face and chest for me. When I saw it pop up on my Instagram feed I thought it was some custom kit.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I love the design of the FAZZ but never bought the original because of worries about how good the kit was so this news is very exciting for me.

Surprised they decided to make an expansion for a 15 year old kit, even if it is a PG and a Strike.

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Another thing that seems praiseworthy of the G40 is that it seems to use zero polycaps. Time will tell if this is better for long term posability and articulation wear and tear.
One visual drawback (intended or unintended) is that I don't particularly like white articulations, be it ankles, knees, hip joints, elbows or shoulder joints and I mcuh prefer the classic mechanical grey. Call me old-fashioned.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished my RG Nu. This definitely dethroned Unicorn as my favorite RG, just due to how solid and good looking it is. The fin funnel connections are solid as well.

It's basically the MG Ver. Ka shrunk down and with all its negatives corrected.

Album: https://imgur.com/a/urClW0r

JBWRg2N.jpg

EHFY2Hb.jpg

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the RG Nu looks great. Looking forward to getting it in 2026.
Aren't you in Singapore? I saw a lot of it being sold at the week-long sale at Singpost center this week.

In fact I sold my kit 2 weeks ago to someone because I want to wait for the set that comes with the funnels effect parts.

I won't be surprised if it got snapped up by scalpers everytime they restock though.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I don't think you guys understood that post. I am not going to buy the Nu until I want to actually build it. That's my estimation of when I will be ready to build it. Lmao.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
A0j5a3s.png

"Finished" my first attempt at panel lining.

This is my second pass on this model because the first time, I totally fucked up. I was under the impression that it dried faster than I thought, so when I tried to clean it, it just ended up getting all smudged and messy.

Second time around I used earasers to clean up, which I found a million times easier and cleaner. However, since this was my second pass on it, a lot of the panel lines weren't getting the liquid in there as easy as the first time so I had to apply a lot more panel liner. It ended up making it so they're a lot darker, however, I didn't necessarily dislike the darker look.

There's still a bunch of little areas that I'm going to try and clean up that ended up being more messy than I like and there's just some spots that I found impossible to panel line (the ones in the inner legs), so those I'll try to do with a pen when that arrives in a week or two.

All around, though, I still think it looks a million times better now than it did before. It was also great practice for when I do the panel lining on my Nu Gundam, so hopefully I'll get it right the first time with that one.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
there's just some spots that I found impossible to panel line (the ones in the inner legs)
If by "the ones in the inner legs" you are talking about the slightly raised parts in the ankles that have no groove at their edge, a way to give them a panel line is to create your own groove.
You have to be very careful but the result is good. Go with your hobby knife tracing the contour of the raised shape. Don't apply too much pressure, what you want is precision. Once you've created those lines around the shape, just panel line them like normal and clean with your thumb or an eraser.
Pros: very thin panel lines where before there were none that accentuate an already present shape. Cons: if you aren't careful you can create crooked lines that don't follow the actual shape.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
If by "the ones in the inner legs" you are talking about the slightly raised parts in the ankles that have no groove at their edge, a way to give them a panel line is to create your own groove.
You have to be very careful but the result is good. Go with your hobby knife tracing the contour of the raised shape. Don't apply too much pressure, what you want is precision. Once you've created those lines around the shape, just panel line them like normal and clean with your thumb or an eraser.
Pros: very thin panel lines where before there were none that accentuate an already present shape. Cons: if you aren't careful you can create crooked lines that don't follow the actual shape.
To add on to this, a scribing tool or chisel would work much better to make or deepen panel lines. Also some fine sandpaper or sanding sponge may be needed to clean any plastic burr that forms when scribing lines.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
My first impression of the G40 is that I like it. The design is unconventional but appealing, and the articulation gimmicks look impressive.

As for me, it's been slow going on the RG Unicorn lately, but it's finally ready for decals:

1570030149212-15306.png

Let's do this.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm planning to order my first titanium finish kit (RG Wing Zero + Drei Zwerg, can't believe I found it in stock at BBTS), anyone have any advice for kits like that? Are nubmarks pretty bad?

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So, I'm planning to order my first titanium finish kit (RG Wing Zero + Drei Zwerg, can't believe I found it in stock at BBTS), anyone have any advice for kits like that? Are nubmarks pretty bad?

I'm building the HiRS Astray Noir and it had chrome swords. I did my best with six nubs trying different methods but in the end it always left a mark.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
Unless they are under-gated, yeah they are pretty bad since the nub mark will stick out compared to the finished surface. you will need some paint to try and make them less noticeable.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Wubby hope you don't mind me asking you a question, since you're at the show. I know the Perfect Strike expansion set for the old PG Strike is a P-Bandai item, but I'm seeing some people saying that the entire Perfect Strike package (PG Strike + the add-ons) will be a retail release in February. 25,000 yen I believe. Is there any kind of information at the display to show that's true or is the entire thing P-Bandai?

PG Perfect Strike just went up for pre-order on our site HLJ:

(Item page itself isn't working yet but can be added to the cart from the search page)

There was no tag next to the kit when I was there so it was a bit confusing. Only the add on set if you want to buy that separate is P-Bandai. The full kit is regular release.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm building the HiRS Astray Noir and it had chrome swords. I did my best with six nubs trying different methods but in the end it always left a mark.
Unless they are under-gated, yeah they are pretty bad since the nub mark will stick out compared to the finished surface. you will need some paint to try and make them less noticeable.

Got it, thanks guys. Went ahead and ordered it, I'll try to be extra careful with nubs.

Probably not going to panel line it due to the finish, so it'll be a straight build.

PG Perfect Strike just went up for pre-order on our site HLJ:

(Item page itself isn't working yet but can be added to the cart from the search page)

There was no tag next to the kit when I was there so it was a bit confusing. Only the add on set if you want to buy that separate is P-Bandai. The full kit is regular release.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

February/March is gonna kill me. That PG, then the First Class Edition for Final Fantasy VII Remake x.x

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
There's a reason a lot of the parts in Delta Gundam are undergated. Which makes for a weird impression in the Mega-shiki since it reuses a lot of its parts but has no gold finish so it's a lot of undergates for nothing.
Going form "Designed for shiny finish" to "Regular finish" is just whatever but going in the other direction is nub marks galore.