• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey xEik, you called it.

20191004-144333.jpg

And that RG Wing Zero is on the way.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Since Monster Hunter World: Iceborne has kept me too busy to build much, I'm posting size comparisons of the 1/400 mobile suits (these cannot even be called kits) that you could get this summer in an HLJ promotion.
The Jegan comparison is 1/400 to 1/100 while the Re-GZ comparison is 1/400 to 1/144.
It also gives me an excuse to post the 1/400 Alpha Azieru (or is it Aziel?) which is a bit of an oddity in my collection and I know there's a lot of Quess Paraya fans out there :P. The Sazabi and Nu Gundam came included in the Alpha Azieru kit.

EGM00JYWkAIwLHM

EGM01QvWwAEqlLj

EGM02Y9W4AAY7Xy

Last edited:

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to put in some more work on the RG Sazabi but I've seen many people recommend letting Liquid Chrome sit and dry for three days or so to prevent it dulling when touched or showing fingerprints. So it's going very slowly. I started to think that maybe I should just go ahead and use the foil decals instead but then I ran into some small indents that would have looked horrible with the decals pushed into them and decided that if I am going to build it, I might as well build it right and do whatever I can (short of painting or weathering) to make it look great.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This finally arrived today, so I got out Nu Gundam and started building it.

vzuOmFwl.jpg

What I have so far.

This build is going by sooo much faster compared to the RG Sazabi.

[edit]

Wg3i23rl.jpg

Finished the body, now onto the backpack.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the decals and panel lining, I think my panel lining came out looking way better than my first time with the Baratos. There's a spot here and there with a messed up a little but I'm pretty content for the most part.

JL0whre.png

I couldn't really get it to stand without it tipping back 'cus of the back so I had to lean it on the backs a bit.

The RG RX-78-2 also arrived today, I'll probably work on that in a week or so.

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
These are some of the kits I finished the past few weeks.

So I built this HG 00 Diver with clear parts leftover from the Higher Than Sky kit. Also used the Diver Ace option pack. The hands really don't hold the swords well and like some reviewers have said, really strange to not include beam effects even though they give you 2 beam sabers. I believe the HG 00 Diver Ace kit does give the beam effects.

Just a straight built but this is really cute.

Had to paint the black parts because I kind of ruined them with the panel accent wash. Overall a cute kit.

And finally this guy.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
All the Nus are clearly for space deployment and if you make their soul be bound by the gravity well, it becomes obvious how back-heavy they are. The only solution to have them stand on the ground being to make them lean really forward and even then be in a precarious balance. Most people just put them in an action base.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly I could have made the Alex's damaged arm a bit more accurate (no hand, and remove that white piece that attaches to the blue armor), but they weren't coming off easily and I feared breaking something, so I left it as you saw.

And the day after I finish that Zaku, this shows up. That is one gorgeous box.

20191011-131648.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Figured I'd post here instead of just the Gundam thread (and love seeing the other posts as well). I'm currently working on the Moon Gundam which only caught my eye because of the name and the crescent moon back piece. Had no idea of its existence. But folks on era informed me that it's one of the best HG kits out there and they're right. Super fun build so far, no stickers.

screenshot_20191012-152ksv.jpg

I'm using a blueish purple spray paint on all of the purple parts and used the picture of the model on the front of the directions sheet as a panel lining guide since green is used on the head and red stripes on the back V. Wouldn't have known lol.

This F91 was my last kit.

20191007_1754283qkku.jpg

I LOVED making this but struggled with the acrylic metallic blue-green on its chest. I brushed it on but went through a few brushes that left bristles behind and sometimes didn't have a proper paint/thinner ratio. Pleased with the outcome (better than the default teal plastic...). Edit: also I experimented with liberally applying metallic gunmetal grey gundam marker to all of the exposed frame joints and weapon parts and rolling a cotton swab over it to give it a weathered/brushed metal look and really like it. Unfortunately I learned after the fact that something in Gundam marker paints makes the plastic weaker which explains my numerous broken joints (3 out of 4 elbow joints) and pivot points (the forearm's shield mechanism).

And before that, this Dragon Momoko Deathscythe.
20190929_121850rbjdw.jpg

A very detailed and long build, not without its obvious not-Bandai engineering quirks (few molding seams, tight nubs, peeling sticker foils...) Still like it better than EW Deathscthe (I don't hate it but BATWINGS!!! just seems so corny and even looks restricting in footage of New Gundam Breaker). Edit: used the same matte Black spray paint on the black parts I did on my last Deathscythe I think I shared here. I love that stealth black look.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Started work on the RG RX-78-2, it's funny comparing this kit that came out in 2010 to the ones I've done so far (HG Barbatos/RG Sazabi/RG Nu Gundam) 'cus you can really feel how much things have advanced. A couple of pieces have some convoluted thing you have to do to them, like having to put a ton of force to pop out parts. Also, a lot of parts don't have that satisfying "snap" that the other kits had, this one has a lot of parts to kinda just push together that feel like they could just fall out of place if you move the model a bit too much.

Visually it looks really good from what I can see, and it seems to have a ton of panel lining opportunities but the engineering definitely feels 9 years older than the other kits.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Started work on the RG RX-78-2, it's funny comparing this kit that came out in 2010 to the ones I've done so far (HG Barbatos/RG Sazabi/RG Nu Gundam) 'cus you can really feel how much things have advanced. A couple of pieces have some convoluted thing you have to do to them, like having to put a ton of force to pop out parts. Also, a lot of parts don't have that satisfying "snap" that the other kits had, this one has a lot of parts to kinda just push together that feel like they could just fall out of place if you move the model a bit too much.

Visually it looks really good from what I can see, and it seems to have a ton of panel lining opportunities but the engineering definitely feels 9 years older than the other kits.
Wait till you try some old modern kits, I just did the MG Shadow Gundam from 2001(I want to say) a few weeks back and it still used poly caps for some sub pieces(but used locks or screws for major joints) still a solid kit though and it's newest

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Wait till you try some old modern kits, I just did the MG Shadow Gundam from 2001(I want to say) a few weeks back and it still used poly caps for some sub pieces(but used locks or screws for major joints) still a solid kit though and it's newest
Yeah those kits are a bit weird coming off modern kits, even if they're still solid. When I built the MG Master Gundam I didn't screw the hip screw hard enough and he can't hold a pose. It was too difficult to disassemble the kit so I will just have to live with letting it be unable to hold a difficult pose. It can hold a few simpler ones at least.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
If we are competing on who is building the oldest kit, right now I'm in the middle of a MG GP01. This thing is from 1997. A 22 year old kit and although it's a Gundam, it doesn't even include yellow plastic parts. :/

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The titanium finish made this thing nubmark hell, but I still love it.

One day I'll get my hands on the GFFMC, but until then this will do for my Wing Zero + Drei Zwerg fix.

20191014-183048.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the RX-78-2.

6420rqi.png

It had less panel lining than I had first thought while I built it.

My grips with it are, like I said above, one too many parts don't really snap into place and because of this they move around too much. The shield was something that I wanted to display but after trying to put it on for, like, ten minutes I gave up. Shit kept falling off and what not.

The kit being so damn pretty makes up for all the negatives, though. Also, the lil' aircraft is a nice bonus.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I've started building again to relax and have some me-time to myself. Been going good for a couple of weeks now. Finished Ultra Seven and SD Mazinkaiser. Finished two legs for RG Wing EW last night. Will post some pics when I have time but I also find that instead of spending time snapping photos as I build, I relax more when I just build for myself and enjoy every moment alone. Therapeutic.

So... I have to say, after two simpler kits (The figure-rise Ultraman kits are really nice but the assembly and engineering is really pretty basic) going back to building a RG feels really good. The Wing EW legs alone gave me so much satisfaction especially when I finished and started testing the articulation, and seeing the plates slide as the joints bent. Mmmmmmm. :D

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just watched Arcadia of my youth for the first time(whatever English dub they had on amazon prime)... and now I'm wondering what options I have for an Arcadia kit?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Started working on the MG Freedom Gundam last night, think I'm going to go slower on this one and only do one or two sections a day. Yesterday I did the torso and today I did the head, tomorrow it's one of the arms.

Had a bit of an issue with the torso, once I put the very last piece (the back plating) and it isn't aligned with the front and side panels. Ended up having to disassemble a lot of it but after that it snapped into place perfectly. I must have not pushed something all the way in but I'm not 100% what.

Also, this bad boy has a big ass nuggin'.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I've started building again to relax and have some me-time to myself. Been going good for a couple of weeks now. Finished Ultra Seven and SD Mazinkaiser. Finished two legs for RG Wing EW last night. Will post some pics when I have time but I also find that instead of spending time snapping photos as I build, I relax more when I just build for myself and enjoy every moment alone. Therapeutic.

So... I have to say, after two simpler kits (The figure-rise Ultraman kits are really nice but the assembly and engineering is really pretty basic) going back to building a RG feels really good. The Wing EW legs alone gave me so much satisfaction especially when I finished and started testing the articulation, and seeing the plates slide as the joints bent. Mmmmmmm. :D

"as the joints bent.......but didn't break"

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, this is the right album to listen to while building the HGCE Destiny [Heine Custom] right? Lol

PSA: Don't try to build while drinking. it'll give you a headache. I just got the chest done but I think I'll take a break until my other SD Cross Silhouette kits come in.

87vpMgL.jpg

EDIT: vvv Your Wing EW looks great!

Last edited:

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I like how the RG Wing EW turned out!

EHQl7x7VUAECJzT.jpg:small

Also pretty happy with the stuff I've completed in the past month. Feeling pretty productive in clearing my backlog! Bit by bit!

EHTeZttUwAE0Nj9.jpg:med

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I think I was in a rush because of the green gundam marker I used on the head which I was itching to hurry and "preserve". Whoops.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Small kit run on a road trip from B&N 22$ thank you bluefin, B&N membership 10% off and 75% the dragon ball kit as it was in clearance.
y7cQ7W9.jpg

Finally my collection has the thing every Gunpla collection should: a Haro! Was on a budget so had to pass on the mg Alex sadly. Those megazord minipla continue to be awesome but not worth it due to licensing cost jacking the price sadly

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Gq4DvAx.png

Got the body and wings done, now I just need to do all the weapons and then I can start with the panel lining and decals.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are making me feel ashamed that my RG Unicorn has been sitting in my workspace waiting for waterslides for like 2 weeks with no progress...

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Finished the RX-78-2.

6420rqi.png

It had less panel lining than I had first thought while I built it.

My grips with it are, like I said above, one too many parts don't really snap into place and because of this they move around too much. The shield was something that I wanted to display but after trying to put it on for, like, ten minutes I gave up. Shit kept falling off and what not.

The kit being so damn pretty makes up for all the negatives, though. Also, the lil' aircraft is a nice bonus.

I'm in the process of building this and found many of the panel lines too be quite shallow. Still it's a really good looking kit like you said.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Y'all are making me feel ashamed that my RG Unicorn has been sitting in my workspace waiting for waterslides for like 2 weeks with no progress...
Don't worry, I've hardly advanced my builds since the beginning of September. Mostly because of MHW Iceborne but also because I slightly hurt my left hand a couple of weeks ago.
Everything I've posted since then comes from the photography backlog.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Better pic of my haul, I think I'll build Haro next
5iYFfmo.jpg

Might try to get in a full HG this month but next month I'll definitely have time when I'm house sitting while my folks are out of town for a week.

now whether or not to customize the Haro with Gundam Markers... then again this is my first one and it Black/red/purple aren't the easiest colors to paint over even if Gold would make the eyes pop

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, I've hardly advanced my builds since the beginning of September. Mostly because of MHW Iceborne but also because I slightly hurt my left hand a couple of weeks ago.
Everything I've posted since then comes from the photography backlog.
I've had my unfinished Hyaku Shiki MG sitting on my desk for two months now..
2 weeks is nothing. The kits I just finished have been sitting around for half a year. Lol.

lol OK I feel better now.

I do want to get this Unicorn done, though. It's blocking me from feeling ready to start a new project.

amc

Nov 2, 2017
United Kingdom
Some great work in here.

I'm not finished with decals on a couple of models and going by a few people's finished kits in here I'm seriously considering touching up a few with line and body painting.
aQ1rtR4.jpg

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's never happened before.

My SD Cross Silhouette kits came in from GundamPlanet. I was working on the RX-78, I get to the head, and there's a piece missing from the runner. B9, the solid yellow piece for the eyes. It's just gone. I for sure didn't cut it, it's not in the box/floor/trash.

Guess I'll be leaving it on the SD frame until I can get a replacement part.

EDIT: Okay so it apparently came loose while I was taking the runners out of the plastic bags and my cat had made off with it. Rofl. Crisis averted.

Here's my Ground Gundam on the CS Frame and the RX-78 on both. I've got the Unicorn too but that'll be done another day. But I must say, I love these little things.

9mOLdf9.jpg

1qQYZID.jpg

s7DoeEf.jpg

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Huh, that's never happened before.

My SD Cross Silhouette kits came in from GundamPlanet. I was working on the RX-78, I get to the head, and there's a piece missing from the runner. B9, the solid yellow piece for the eyes. It's just gone. I for sure didn't cut it, it's not in the box/floor/trash.

Guess I'll be leaving it on the SD frame until I can get a replacement part.

EDIT: Okay so it apparently came loose while I was taking the runners out of the plastic bags and my cat had made off with it. Rofl. Crisis averted.

Here's my Ground Gundam on the CS Frame and the RX-78 on both. I've got the Unicorn too but that'll be done another day. But I must say, I love these little things.

9mOLdf9.jpg

1qQYZID.jpg

s7DoeEf.jpg
I've been wondering how is the SD Cross Silhouette line? I'm interested partly cause of the non Gundam entries from the SRW stuff, like Mazinger and Getter Robo