• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Very easy, pretty small, but they look nice. They have a bit more articulation if you get a Cross Silhouette frame for them.
Was just looking that up, so there's extra frame pieces you can buy to mess with the proportions and framing? Any specific set of them that's a must have? These guys seem fun for just super easy kit bashing for fun

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was just looking that up, so there's extra frame pieces you can buy to mess with the proportions and framing? Any specific set of them that's a must have? These guys seem fun for just super easy kit bashing for fun

I haven't messed with the Silhouette Booster set yet so I can't comment on it. I would just pick an SDCS you want and get a CS Frame to go with it, to start with.

Just make sure you get the right color. You wouldn't want to get a white frame for, say, the Nightingale (it comes with a gray SD frame). Unless you just wanted to.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I haven't messed with the Silhouette Booster set yet so I can't comment on it. I would just pick an SDCS you want and get a CS Frame to go with it, to start with.

Just make sure you get the right color. You wouldn't want to get a white frame for, say, the Nightingale (it comes with a gray SD frame). Unless you just wanted to.

thinking of getting the sdcs rx-78-02 with the cs frame package off amazon to try out the Gundam line, and Great Mazinger sdcs as well(since he looks cool and is cheaper than Mazinger Z, Mazinkaiser and Shin Getter Robo, if I like him though I'll get the others down the line)
(Note I love the classic Gundam and it having a package that comes with the frame makes it more convient too)
it's nice to have smaller builds as breather and for experimenting on techniques, plus the smaller size and style makes them more convient for desks. I've been wondering about these guys for a while

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've certainly converted me. I'll be getting Nightingale, Freedom, Zeta, and Phenex for sure. And there's a Wing Zero EW coming out soon, as well.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Say duckroll i see you have SDCS Mazinkaizer, how was that guy? I'm considering ordering Great Mazinger from the same group(we'll possibly all the non Gundam series SDCS down the line) but thought I'd check to see how it is?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
thinking of getting the sdcs rx-78-02 with the cs frame package off amazon to try out the Gundam line, and Great Mazinger sdcs as well(since he looks cool and is cheaper than Mazinger Z, Mazinkaiser and Shin Getter Robo, if I like him though I'll get the others down the line)
(Note I love the classic Gundam and it having a package that comes with the frame makes it more convient too)
it's nice to have smaller builds as breather and for experimenting on techniques, plus the smaller size and style makes them more convient for desks. I've been wondering about these guys for a while

Note that the Mazinger kits come with both frames. They're a bit different from the usual Gundam SDCS frames. Get the RX78-2 kit that comes with both. I think the quality and build of the SDCD series would surprise those who built older SD kits and didn't like them.

Edit: Both Mazinger kits are great too. So far I've only built these 3 but have another few SDCS kits waiting to be built.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Note that the Mazinger kits come with both frames. They're a bit different from the usual Gundam SDCS frames. Get the RX78-2 kit that comes with both. I think the quality and build of the SDCD series would surprise those who built older SD kits and didn't like them.

Edit: Both Mazinger kits are great too. So far I've only built these 3 but have another few SDCS kits waiting to be built.
That's what I figured(the increased price had to be more than extra weapons) and yeah planned to get the one with both frames. Thanks for the response, been interested in SD's for a while and I'm glad to hear the modern ones are solid. Looks like I'm getting these two instead of getting a RG Tallgeese or RG Crossbone Gundam for now(although I may give into one for my Bday if I have the cash, I'm ready to try RG, question is which one

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screw it, I went ahead and built Unicorn. Went with the CS frame from the get-go this time.

zvdgFQ9.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Screw it, I went ahead and built Unicorn. Went with the CS frame from the get-go this time.

zvdgFQ9.jpg
The amount of detail relative to size on these guys is amazing, they really do an excellent job with these SD redesigns. I get the feeling I'll get plenty of practice panel lining the RX. Not so much on great Mazinger(I only have a grey panel lining marker). And I'm guessing these guys are easier to take apart than a hg since you can swap frames

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
All the SDCS kits I've built, I really enjoyed. I've done the Nightingale, Mazinger Z, Shin Getter, and Mazinkaiser. The Nightingale doesn't come with a CS frame though, but the other 3 did. They are very easy builds but surprisingly posable and have great detail and accessories. The only thing I would want to mention is that the Mazinkaiser sword is one yellow piece that requires a large wrap around foil sticker to make it a sword. The alternative is to paint it. It's not a shiny sword part on its own because.... cost probably.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
All the SDCS kits I've built, I really enjoyed. I've done the Nightingale, Mazinger Z, Shin Getter, and Mazinkaiser. The Nightingale doesn't come with a CS frame though, but the other 3 did. They are very easy builds but surprisingly posable and have great detail and accessories. The only thing I would want to mention is that the Mazinkaiser sword is one yellow piece that requires a large wrap around foil sticker to make it a sword. The alternative is to paint it. It's not a shiny sword part on its own because.... cost probably.
Hah I'm getting the one you don't have then, good to hear the Line is solid though. Looking forward to building these guys. Too bad on the sword but size logistics I guess... hmm wonder if I have the right Gundam marker colors to paint it when I get it down the line

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
46gKJ4I.png

I hate coming across something awesome like this but then finding out it's a custom kitbash.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Cool

Say guys how's the Figure-Rise Mechanics HARO? I figure I'll want the classic one eventually and a higher detail one would be cool(although the haropla series will get me with the mobile, ball arms, and cat ear Haro's eventually)

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Cool

Say guys how's the Figure-Rise Mechanics HARO? I figure I'll want the classic one eventually and a higher detail one would be cool(although the haropla series will get me with the mobile, ball arms, and cat ear Haro's eventually)
REALLY GOOD. The LED kit comes separately. I'm happy with it sitting on the top of my room's work table top shelf. Love it!

D0KRxhQU0AElKEQ.jpg:orig

D5zkN_rUcAAKNaJ.jpg:orig

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
That is definitely on my to buy list... and is that a mini Haro as the brain?!
Yes the AI core is a tiny metallic Haro. It's explained in the manual. There's a full breakdown of the interior mechanics lol!

Speaking of Haros, I need to get the Ball Haro and Zakrello Haro. And I need to get the HGBC HWS & SV Custom Weapon Set to fit on my Mobile Haro.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yes the AI core is a tiny metallic Haro. It's explained in the manual. There's a full breakdown of the interior mechanics lol!

Speaking of Haros, I need to get the Ball Haro and Zakrello Haro. And I need to get the HGBC HWS & SV Custom Weapon Set to fit on my Mobile Haro.
Haropla is a dangerous rabbit hole of its own, thankfully it's pretty cheap for the most part

for my part all I have is a single triblack Haro.... for now

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Not as crazy as some of your guys but it's nice to have a Backlog again. Should be enough to get me through the new year(although if I get the budget SdCS Mazinger Z, Mazinkaiser and Getter Robo will be joining the lineup)
8fwV90l.jpg

dudes a fifth SDCS SRW coming next month(so a few more months for general availability)and it's Gaogaigar!
10631860b.jpg

I know I know a render isn't the final product but it comes close on the sdcs series

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not as crazy as some of your guys but it's nice to have a Backlog again. Should be enough to get me through the new year(although if I get the budget SdCS Mazinger Z, Mazinkaiser and Getter Robo will be joining the lineup)
8fwV90l.jpg

dudes a fifth SDCS SRW coming next month(so a few more months for general availability)and it's Gaogaigar!
10631860b.jpg

I know I know a render isn't the final product but it comes close on the sdcs series

The Gaogaiger looks really cute. Glad to see that you bought those 2 kits👍

Progress on my RG RX78-2.

I feel like I might just leave it this way for a while, maybe add one more shoulder. Want to paint the base too. I like the incomplete look.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The Gaogaiger looks really cute. Glad to see that you bought those 2 kits👍

Progress on my RG RX78-2.

I feel like I might just leave it this way for a while, maybe add one more shoulder. Want to paint the base too. I like the incomplete look.
Woah the rg comes with a base stand? Cool/ honestly I'd be tempted to panel line and shade the base stand so it looks like it's sketched so it looks like concept art together but that's just my style

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Woah the rg comes with a base stand? Cool/ honestly I'd be tempted to panel line and shade the base stand so it looks like it's sketched so it looks like concept art together but that's just my style
Oh no I bought the base separately 😅

It's this one.

There's actually a lot of details, if you look at the box art, that can be painted with different colours but I don't have the skills😂 It is a great looking base.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Okay did some fun and tiny quick builds this morning including the rare non Gundam kit! First off, Haro triblack!
F19PPCE.jpg

LFhNK3j.jpg

quick and simple but a nice change of pace, panel lined the limbs and limb bases.
Next I did the classic Dragonball bike... I have no plans to paint this at it's size
ugvo5ra.jpg

first time I've dealt with this many opaque pieces but it didn't give me too much trouble. Finally the group and scale pic
wFdFjLM.jpg

KLuNr59.jpg

It's nice to do some small projects from time to time as a breather.

planning to do the SDCS RX-78-2 next and now I have to decide on a few things, and I'd be happy for advice from those who have done this line before: CS or SD frame? I think I'm going to use my Gundam markers instead of the stickers for the shield star, the blaster sight, Vulcan barrels and I'm considering using my salmon one for the beam saber blade. For that matter here's what I got
lbeUHZJ.jpg

Yeah I know there's fancier and cleaner ways to paint but I don't have the fine motor skills for them while I can handle these guys decently. And I'll panel line of course(I need to pick up some of those actually).

and now for the fun part: I have a GM head I can go to town on and paint however I want! I could just use the light blue for the eyes but I'm thinking the Gold could be fun(gunmetallic would be too dark), and then what shall I use for the main head color! One of the blues could work or the purple. I'm open to suggestions!

edit: for that matter how hard is it to swap the frames on a sdcs after it's built?

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Why not try to give Goku and Buma some base colors at least?

Also, am I the only one interested in the High Resolution Model God Gundam?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Why not try to give Goku and Buma some base colors at least?

Also, am I the only one interested in the High Resolution Model God Gundam?
Eh those Gundam markers are all I have for painting and something that delicate would be tough. Plus I would have had to do it before I built. This way at least it's stylized consistently.

don't worry I'll be doing plenty of painting on the sdcs RX-78-02

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Master Grade MSM-07S Z'Gok
With this, my photography backlog is now empty. I need to start building again after procrastinating for most of September and October.
The build is relatively simple for a Master Grade given that there's really not much one can do with a Mobile Suit like the Z'Gok.
I painted the monoeye with clear red instead of using the pink sticker but I didn't manage to put some reflective sticker behind the clear part because it wouldn't fit with the added thickness.
I almost did a comparison picture with the very old HG I've already built but I decided to postpone it for when I tackle the RG that sits in the backlog.

EH6rAC1X4AECkLN

EH6rEXXX4AAtXGi

EH6rFiWW4AIK8dF

EH6rHSWWoAUOwEi

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Tada, was a fun little build. Took my time to paint Some details and panel line it. Not perfect of course but best I can do. Did the CS frame with SD eyes
sM0yxzB.jpg

RrtOlR9.jpg

DyQnnro.jpg

And a pic with Haro for fun!
z5xlU0N.jpg

This line is fun and with the price ratio it's definitely on my list as a pace breaker and some good painting and panel lining practice. Now to paint that bonus GM head. (Great Mazinger is next, and then I'll probably be ordering the rest of the srw SDCS line which for now is Mazinger Z, Mazinkaizer, Getter Robo(Armageddon), and next month GaoGaiGar!)

Oh man the HG Mazinger Infinity line is awesome! But expensive.... ($40<) so I'll stick to the more classic styled but smaller sdcs line for now ($20>)

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Man That makes me want to buy another SDCS RX-78-2 For Painting (V-Fin on My Current one is Broke)

Also If You don't know. Third-Party Water Slide Decal name X-Y Model do SDCS Decal (and that black Haro)

goRp4Mj.jpg

wO84Fay.jpg

and I see some brands do CS Frame.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man That makes me want to buy another SDCS RX-78-2 For Painting (V-Fin on My Current one is Broke)

Also If You don't know. Third-Party Water Slide Decal name X-Y Model do SDCS Decal (and that black Haro)

goRp4Mj.jpg

wO84Fay.jpg

and I see some brands do CS Frame.

Ooo the Tristar decals look tempting. Shall look for it. Thanks!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Leo pack up for pre-sale on bluefin's site.

I'm tempted by the Tallgeese and the Leo but I don't have the budget right now :( plus I may be moving in a few months. Black Mazinger is cool but I'd kinda just want the classic

seriously considering biting on the Tallgeese since it's only a bit more than the normal RG, what are the differences and is it worth it?

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I hesitated on the Leo preorder for my country's PBandai site and it was sold out 2 hours after☹️ The extra weapons look really good. Hoping they would have a second wave since Japan's PBandai just put up a second wave for preordering.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I bit on the Tallgeese 3 but passed on the Leo. That guy is just too cool... still need the main wing gundams though(and to watch endless waltz). It's definitely different enough from the standard RG Tallgeese to get that down the road too. Still need some actual Wing Gundams though XD. But I think my backlog is set outside of maybe some sdcs suits... like the Gaogaigar next month. Oh and the hg death army

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna see which is still in stock when I get paid Friday, but I'm eyeing the Tallgeese III or the Perfect Strike.

Or, if I have enough after I get bills paid, I may just go whynotboth.jpg. Might as well, Bluefin's prices are the best you're gonna find online unless you buy directly from the P-Bandai site.

GundamPlanet and BBTS have both those kits with a ridiculous markup. They cost double what Bluefin is selling them for.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here I was wondering why they hadn't announced the next RG after Nu yet, never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined it to be Eva-01.

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
So this is the same as a regular Gundam Bandai RG, but it's of Unit 01? I absolutely need it.
LOL, when I read Wubby's post I immediately thought about you and how you weren't too satisfied with how your first Eva kit turned out but you stuck with the hobby and even improved that one afterwards.
I hope the RG is everything you ever wanted from an Eva plastic model kit.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit holy shit holy shit. How tall is that thing? If it's the same height as the no-scale HGs, oh my god, it's going to be as tall as a standard MG.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
LOL, when I read Wubby's post I immediately thought about you and how you weren't too satisfied with how your first Eva kit turned out but you stuck with the hobby and even improved that one afterwards.
I hope the RG is everything you ever wanted from an Eva plastic model kit.
The only issue is that I have now run out of space and I have no idea where I'll put it.
The fact that I'm about to order a couple more kits doesn't help at all.