• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Hmmm. I have to say that these companies must have a lot of faith that Google will provide a good gaming experience.

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone thinks this is coming out 2020 right? Weird to have such a giant banner for such a late game. Been going to E3 forever and don't really remember seeing banners for games to far out.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Embrace your powers means no playing as simple Shield agent phew

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix has always been pushing for cloud gaming. Stadia is basically what Yoichi Wada wanted to achieve with the spinoff company Shinra Technologies

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm. I have to say that these companies must have a lot of faith that Google will provide a good gaming experience.
The service is no different from how PC/consoles work when it comes to buying games. You just buy a streaming only version. Most of the time Publishers want their games on every platform possible, Stadia is more than capable to support the games.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
The service is no different from PC/consoles work when it comes to buying games. You just buy a streaming only version. Most of the time Publishers want their games on every platform possible, Stadia is more than capable to support the games.
Yes but if google fails to provide a good service it can make the games feel bad. It is different in that streaming can make a game feel very bad.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
The tagline makes me think we'll be creating our own hero as opposed to playing as the avengers.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Yes but if google fails to provide a good service it can make the games feel bad. It is different in that streaming can make a game feel very bad.
The publishers don't care its basically just another store for them if it doesn't work its Google who's gonna take the hit not them. They are probably getting paid to take part too its a win win for them.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, but it's not like we didn't get bad versions of games on other platforms, I don't think the publishers care that much about that stuff, as long as they can make money and it's easy enough to get a version ported over, they'll do it.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Stadia surprise anybody? In my view it's just a variant of PC gaming - the devs don't have to do heaps more work to support it if PC is already on the list. Probably just a matter of agreements on monetization

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
The publishers don't care its basically just another store for them if it doesn't work its Google who's gonna take the hit not them. They are probably getting paid to take part too its a win win for them.

Yes to a degree but I feel like casual players might
Yeah, but it's not like we didn't get bad versions of games on other platforms, I don't think the publishers care that much about that stuff, as long as they can make money and it's easy enough to get a version ported over, they'll do it.
Okay fair enough

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I really don't want that "make your own hero" crap, i want to play as Thor & Captain Marvel, i love being overpowered.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
im probably reading too much into it, but if that 'embrace your powers' means your own character, hot damn. I've been waiting for a proper game that lets you create your own unique superhero in a solid AAA single player fashion.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Going by the recent rumors, it would fit Ms. Marvel (since said rumors mentioned Kamala just recently getting her powers in a post-Avengers world).
Hm... Interesting.

I mean I'm open to it, but with a title like "Marvel's Avengers" I'd kind of like to play as the characters I grew up with :/

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone thinks this is coming out 2020 right? Weird to have such a giant banner for such a late game. Been going to E3 forever and don't really remember seeing banners for games to far out.
There's a listing for a Square Enix game due out May 2020. That's less than a year from now which isn't too far out. I'm excited this is coming out for PS4. Can't wait to get my hands on it and try it out before the next gen consoles come.

Might be a bit off topic, but is anyone aware if we'll be able to transfer our saves from PS4 to the PS5 when it comes? I've never had to try and do it with the past console generations so I don't even know if it's possible lol

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Just a straight PC logo, smart, but being Square it's clear it will just be Steam. At least Stadia gets it.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Why does Stadia surprise anybody? In my view it's just a variant of PC gaming - the devs don't have to do heaps more work to support it if PC is already on the list. Probably just a matter of agreements on monetization

Stadia ports need to use Linux and Vulkan, PC ports aren't compatible by just dragging and dropping the code over

Nov 21, 2017
Don't get why people are shocked at the Stadia listing when Square was listed as a publishing partner and new Tomb Raider trilogy is already confirmed to be playable on Stadia which were made by the same devs.