• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
The self publishing wing seems most likely, but I will absolutely lose my fucking mind if it's Drakengard

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this has a little more luck than the Capcom Five did, if it is indeed a new publishing initiative.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
The kickstarter webiste?

I wonder If they purchased any of the IP's they have worked on and is going to use KS to fund the ports

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
metal-gear-rising-2-2.jpg

Metal Gear Rising 2 x Vanquish 2 calling it now

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
User banned (5 days): platform wars, history of similar behaviour
I'm not crazy about platinum games but it's cool to see them going into business for themselves which allows for multiplatform releases. They're not the most technically sound developers but action games trapped to nintendo consoles is a travesty. Good luck to them

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
That font and glitch effect are definitely teasing something NieR related though, which wouldn't make sense if it's Platinum's self-published titles.

So I'm gonna be on the Drakeng4rd hype train see y'all at the station

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
no i just realised: persona 4 character action game FINALLY

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
4, as in 1 out of every 4 video games will now be made by platinum as per fan request

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I'll get excited when I read "directed by Kamiya" next to one of them.

Nice nod to Capcom 5 I guess.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
This is like "Capcom 5" I guess.

4 games for PS4. I imagine they got the rights to more than just w101.

I am guessing they might have the control over Bayonetta now. That's the most valuable IP they have created to this day so they probably pursued it if there was an opportunity to do so.

Please be 4 games for PS4 & Switch & Xbox.

Kamiya blocks PC gamers forever in the announcement thread.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go with "we're planning to create 4 self-published IPs (starting with Wonderful 101, please support our independent future on Kickstarter)".

Will be interesting to see what scale these games will have. I'm glad they apparently can finally fulfill their wish to create IPs they'll actually own, but it also makes somewhat nervous, to be quite frank.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The glitchy screen has me think NieR. But I can't link the 4 to that.
Or is this just to build to the W101 kickstarter?

Do some magic handwavey counting, to say it would be the fourth Nier game.
Nier replicant, Nier gestalt, Nier automata, new game.

I don't expect that this is what the site is about though, I expect four projects or something instead.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Do some magic handwavey counting. To say it would be the fourth Nier game.

Or YT counts Nier Replicant and Gestalt as basically one game and just said "F it, next Nier will be called 4!" in a very YT-like move. ^^

Horror game by Platinum? Number "4" is a bad number in Japan, representing death.

Well if it's about self publishing and they start with W101 ... i'd say it fits.

*Don't hurt me, i bought W101 on Wii U day one*

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I don't think Platinum would be the ones teasing a new Nier game as much as you guys want it. That would be a Square Enix thing. Hell some people seem to think Platinum won't be contracted for the currently in development Nier project.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
My guess:

Platinum will release 4 games this year:

- The Wonderful 101
- Bayonetta 3
- Nier: Something (remake/new game)
- Babylon's Fall

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Do some magic handwavey counting, to say it would be the fourth Nier game.

I don't expect that this is what the site is about though, I expect four projects or something instead.
Replicant and Gestalt are the same game just differentl protagonist....

Drakengard 4 please.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
PlatinumGames, 4 screenshots

This is like "Capcom 5" I guess.

4 games for PS4. I imagine they got the rights to more than just w101.

I am guessing they might have the control over Bayonetta now. That's the most valuable IP they have created to this day so they probably pursued it if there was an opportunity to do so.

Holy jumping to conclusions Batman.