• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
It's like the same case with Bayonetta 2+3 and The Wonderful 101, the only way AC could come to other systems is if Nintendo allows it.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's a Switch exclusive, it would be nice for the system to have exclusives beyond first party titles.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the IP is co-owned by platinum and nintendo. first time platinum has any ownership of any of their titles i think. of course nintendo co-owning it means it'll be an exclusive title to their systems.

screenshot2019-03-10a5pkgz.png

I hope it's a Switch exclusive, it would be nice for the system to have exclusives beyond first party titles.
it is exclusive, i don't know why a few weeks after announcement there's suddenly doubt about it. it's a nintendo funded, nintendo published game. very much a bayonetta 2 situation, while this time even the name doesn't belong to another company.

Yes but don't worry, people won't consider it a new Nintendo IP because reasons*

*Made by PlatinumGames even though Nintendo funded and own the IP
*Not 200 million dollar AAA budget
dude people do it with much smaller reasons. xenoblade is apparently not a new nintendo-owned IP cuz it has "xeno" in it.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Zetman art without the shading looks kind of off and low budgety.

The combat moves tho flashy seem to have no real sense of impact.

Well I hope it's good.

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monoliths new IP won't count either since it's not made internally at EPD.

It counts for me, its one of the most valuable Nintendo IPs for me and MS is as valuable as the Zelda team to me. Still i would love more AAA singleplayer "hardcore" games from Nintendo.

They could and should do more, and it doesn't really matter to me if it's their own stuff (idea) or if they pay others for it, if it's internal or "2nd party", but there could be more. I would shut my mouth if every old singleplayer IP associated with Nintendo would come back, but many won't. and i think Nintendo is a bit too small for their own sake.

I'm glad they let Monolithsoft grow but there is always the fear they need them for the next Zelda etc. Honne would love to make a new IP, or work on Baten Kaitos 3, atm thats not happening, he has to work on Zelda and all the multiplayergames. Imo that's a bit of a waste, the guy worked on Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Baten Kaitos etc. (ok, i forgive Nintendo for using him and MS Kyoto and half of the Tokyo MS Team for BotW, but that should be a single case).

And Zelda is selling like hot cakes, i don't think it would hurt Nintendo if they made a hardcore Hyrule Spin-off series with a high budget, or an entirely new Fantasy IP. But they would have to grow internally.

I guess Monolithsoft will bring new IPs, that's great, but the team is still relative small, under 200 people, a part working on other Nintendo franchises.

I love the Platinum and Atlus collaborations, or Mistwalker in the past or Fatal Frame. But Nintendo has to do those because they don't get every AAA 3rd party game like Sony. Sony has the 3rds and their studios make more big Single Player AAA IPs.

Sorry for OT, i'm still looking forward to Astral Chain, it's my Most Wanted this year for the Switch next to Fire Emblem.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Heads up importers: Amazon Japan is now willing to ship the Collector's Edition outside of Japan, but only for the non-Amazon Exclusive version (the bonus is just garbage anyway, a Switch microfiber cloth or something I think).

Deleted member 32106

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Heads up importers: Amazon Japan is now willing to ship the Collector's Edition outside of Japan, but only for the non-Amazon Exclusive version (the bonus is just garbage anyway, a Switch microfiber cloth or something I think).
Amazon Exclusive extra is not even relate to Astral Chain lol

Last edited:

?oe?oe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same screenshots from the reveal... again. No matter how many times Nintendo posts them, it doesn't make them new :p