• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just announced in the Direct.

Nintendo PR:
ASTRAL CHAIN, a brand new action game from PlatinumGames, is coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch™ system!

As part of a police special task force, it's up to you to fight against mysterious, alien-like creatures who have invaded the world.

In the Ark, a multi-cultural city in the near future, disaster strikes when gates to another dimension suddenly appear! Dangerous creatures begin to emerge, attacking the people and polluting the land, and normal police forces are unable to compete with them. To stand up against these threats, a brand new, special police unit known as Neuron is formed.

Choose between two playable characters – one male, one female – on your adventure. The character you don't choose also appears as your younger twin, and a fellow member of Neuron.

In order to resist the creatures, humanity developed a special weapon: the Legion. The Legion acts as your partner, and helps with your investigations. However, it's in battle where the Legion shows its real ability...

Work together with the Legion and use all sorts of combat styles to fight your enemies. You could both attack the same enemy simultaneously, target different opponents, or send your Legion on the offensive while you support it with items. Use this synergetic action system to battle and explore together!

Making his directorial debut and known for his work as the game designer on NieR: Automata, Takahisa Taura is responsible for the concept and planning of ASTRAL CHAIN. Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta™ series, is in charge of supervision. The character design is by manga artist Masakazu Katsura, creator of ZETMAN and Video Girl Ai.

Supervised by the block-master himself, Hideki Kamiya.
Character designs by Masakazu Katsura (ZETMAN / Video Girl Ai / WINGMAN)
Directed by Takahisa Taura (NieR Automata and Anarchy Reigns)

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
nrCSy8o.png

US5HZVR.jpg

oCi23eb.jpg

Kx3uLph.jpg

8qDGcch.jpg

WsRjvJT.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya putting that scalebound two character tech to work in a new game.

Angsty Kamiya action game with Jojos stands sounds so fucking lit

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Platinum so 100% on board, we know the combat will be good for sure.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
I was sitting there thinking. This Direct has been alright. Nothing too crazy announced and then this shows up.

INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS!

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck DMC5. Kamiya actually furthering the genre instead of rehashing. Bet capcom shit themselves when they saw how much better his two character stuff looked than V in DMC

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY FUCKING SHIT TAURA AS A DIRECTOR??
?FA
SPOPIUJFPAOSJFAPS
OJFAS
PFASO
FGASOP
GJAS
POFJASPGAJSOPGASJ

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

MAN I WISH I HAD A SWITCH

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Might have peed a little. I'm sorry, but I just love platinum games, sure they've put out some stinkers but most of the time p, I just love their stuff!

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Best thing of the Direct. More excited about this than Bayo 3. Can't wait to see/hear more about this one!