• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Did everyone here forget that Nintendo just revealed the sequel to BotW three months before Link's Awakening releases? That at e3 2013 they showed the first gameplay of Bayonetta 2 just two months before The Wondeful 101's launch? And announced SMG2/NSMB Wii at the same time at e3 2009?
Astral Chain releasing in two months is not an excuse for Nintendo not showing Bayo 3.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Nintendo's 2020 is probably mapped out very nicely now.

Animal Crossing - March 2020
Bayonetta 3 - June 2020
EAD Tokyo Mario - September 2020
Zelda BOTW 2 - November 2020

Could work really well.

Luigi into December 2019 and AC into 2020, even though it sucks for AC fans, spreads the wealth nicely.

Breath of the Wild 2 is probably a 2021 game unless it entered active development back in 2017. It and Metroid Prime 4, with my guess of Switch 2 being in 2022.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Did everyone here forget that Nintendo just revealed the sequel to BotW three months before Link's Awakening releases? That at e3 2013 they showed the first gameplay of Bayonetta 2 just two months before The Wondeful 101's launch? And announced SMG2/NSMB Wii at the same time at e3 2009?
Astral Chain releasing in two months is not an excuse for Nintendo not showing Bayo 3.

Made by different studios, with different amount of employees, with different budgets ect. You can't compare these things due to those factors. Astral Chain looks AMAZING. As a Platinum game fan Bayo 3 could come out in 5 more years and I'll still buy it if it looks cool.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
They said something simiar before E3 so I wasn't shocked when it wasn't a no-show. Astral Chain being there and confirmed for 2019 is a nice hold over too.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Breath of the Wild 2 is probably a 2021 game unless it entered active development back in 2017. It and Metroid Prime 4, with my guess of Switch 2 being in 2022.

zell hinted at it being a 2020 title and he was right on the money about a 2D zelda coming out this year. Honestly they seem to be kinda far along in the game and they have like 18 months so I don't think it's unlikely.

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am perfectly fine with the wait, especially since Astral Chain, by the same studio, is literally coming in less than 3 months. I don't really see any reason to get worried with Bayo 3 yet.

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
I bet alot of these guys would like to say "were making the game, leave us alone for awhile" lol.

Jokes. Seriously glad to hear its coming along

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Bayo3's absence was definitely notable (Bayo2 had a playable E3 demo 9 months after its reveal, and Bayo3 was revealed 18 months ago!).

That said, they can and should take as much time as they need so long as the end product is good.

Aug 29, 2018
how many people actually work at Platinum these days? The output of both Platinum and FromSoft impresses me for some reason

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The Wii U was in a dire situation and they had to show everything they had.

If they have a big platinum action game coming soon, why would they prioritize showing B3 when they have so many other games to show too?

They can use it as an exciting announcement in a direct or TGA once more of their 2019 lineup has been released

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He's right. No need to info rush. They have Astral Chain to focus on this year.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear that development is going well. I'm just curious what about Bayonetta 3 makes it an "ambitious" title for them.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its kinda their signature franchise, as they've spoke about their ambitions to make it the greatest Bayo yet, so that takes time. I figure Astral Chain exist because Bayonetta 3 was a 2020 game, and it was something they could quickly put out in 2019.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
They gave a few hints, the level design/pacing on the two previous games was 'orthodox' , also they talked of adding more 'gimmicks'
That could mean that they're removing missions. Adding more gimmicks scares me tbh. Bayonetta already has Space Harrier sections, and they added an overpowered mechanic in Umbran Climax in 2.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm pretty sure BOTW2 probably has been in development since 2017. It likely wrapped early 2017 and it was obvious it was a massive hit by summer time with the Switch sold out everywhere, green lighting a sequel was a gimme.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
They have so much shit in development, it only makes sense to talk about the here and now. Once AC has been and gone they will start talking up their next game. It's just how things work.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
That could mean that they're removing missions. Adding more gimmicks scares me tbh. Bayonetta already has Space Harrier sections, and they added an overpowered mechanic in Umbran Climax in 2.
That makes me really nervous.
'gimmicks' sounds negative but it could still be a good thing provided they listened to the criticisms of the second game, all the gimmicky stuff in 2 helped making the presentation flashier at the cost of removing gameplay depth, but if they really changed them so they add something to the combat systems , it may work (like, Neros new arm, or Dantes styles for example, those are the things Platinum should take inspiration from),at least i hope so

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Translation: "DMCV got us shook and we're scrambling to try and make something even half as good"

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Shit ain't getting the greenlight for E3 until
Miyamoto and Co. deem it a potential 93-95 on metacritic.

Then, only then, a reveal trailer will there be.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
"Games aren't usually done in a year or two… it takes a while. That's all. Things are going well and I know a lot of people are asking for it."

I mean, that's fair enough, but some more transparency with these kinds of timeframes would go a long way. We, the general public, weren't to know that Bayo 3 had (I take it) barely even begun development when they showed that first teaser trailer. We see a game announcement with a trailer, we assume there's a game being worked on, not that a CG house has been commissioned to create a trailer for a project that is only just beginning. Bayo 2 came out in 2014, so when Bayo 3 was first announced in 2017 I don't think it was unreasonable to assume it already had some decent development time under its belt and might be out in a year or so, not that it'd just go radio silent for all this time.

If they'd just said, "Hey, we've just begun work on Bayo 3" when they announced it, expectations would have been totally different, but instead Platinum's devs have had to repeat "going smoothly" over and over because we've all assumed the game was much further in development than it actually is.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The Wii U was in a dire situation and they had to show everything they had.

If they have a big platinum action game coming soon, why would they prioritize showing B3 when they have so many other games to show too?

They can use it as an exciting announcement in a direct or TGA once more of their 2019 lineup has been released
Exactly, if they showed Bayonetta 3 it would've been "Oh Astral Chain looks ni --- hollllly ffffuuuuucckckckcuu Bayonetta THREEEEEEE!". There's no reason to do that.
I don't know why anyone thought we'd see it when Astral Chain launches in like two months.
So why did they show Breath of the Wild 2 when Link's Awakening's launch is three months away?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They're focused on Astral chain, which looks fantastic. I'm guessing we'll see something shortly after its release whether at a direct this year or the game awards

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge Bayonetta fan so I get the desire to see more, but I wish people would shift their attention towards Astral Chain. Bayonetta 3 is coming and will likely be glorious, but it's obviously not Platinum and Nintendo's focus right now. They've got a big exclusive new IP tailored for the Switch coming out in only a couple of months.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
They are making too many games at the same time and quality suffered during the last years. I hope they can get back on track. Astral Chain looks really good so there is hope.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Should've probably announced this ahead of the show. Making a statement afterwards just feels like you're covering something up regardless of what the message is.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild 2 was announced as "Just starting development". Most enthusiast gamers knows that means that game is years away so there's no overlap.
They didn't say it just started development. They said it is now in development. That means it could be pretty far along. We just don't know.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Take your time, its gonna be great.
Usually that means early stages. Kingdom Hearts III was announced as being in development, I think FFVIIR was too. Metroid Prime 4 maybe? Not sure about that one.
Well, kinda? I feel like the schedule doesnt line up with that unless the BotW team took a 2 year long break. First game launched in 2017 and the DLC launched the same year too. Plus they are reusing assets and the engine too.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Im sure we'll get a Direct regarding this game, somewhat this year. Zero worries