• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Platinum Games has reassured fans over Bayonetta 3's E3 2019 absence, insisting that development is "going well".

The most recent update on the title's progress came in May, when Platinum told VGC that Bayonetta 3 will see a change in design process based on the studio's experience creating the first two games.

Asked if fans should be worried by Bayonetta 3's E3 2019 absence, studio head Atsushi Inaba told VGC at E3 this week: "No, development is actually going quite well.

"Games aren't usually done in a year or two… it takes a while. That's all. Things are going well and I know a lot of people are asking for it.

"Giving updates for everything at E3 isn't the smartest PR strategy to begin with," he added. "So just because we're not showing it here doesn't mean it's not going well."

Asked if the 18 month silence since the game was announced was indicative of the studio's grand ambitions for the title, Inaba agreed.

"Yes, it's going to be a high quality title and we're putting our all into it. That is what you're seeing [with the silence]."

Source:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
"So just because we're not showing it here doesn't mean it's not going well."

Wish people here would get that...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll miss Bayonetta 3, but at least Astral Chain looks amazing.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chain is looking pretty damn awesome this year.

If they're putting even more work into Bayonetta 3, that's really going to be something out of this world.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just assumed they didn't want to overshadow astral chain

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chain looks really fun, and for Bayo we just gotta be patient.

Can't wait until we see her again.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Remember last time when they mentioned Bayo 3 and said it was gonig smoothly and everyone freaked out thinking there was trouble for some dumb ass reason?

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
This game is going to be amazing and amazing games take time to develop. I'm ok with this 👍

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting it since it would take away attention from Astral Chain which is out like two months from now.
Basically what they say here.

Still interested in what they're doing different development wise. They've teased it like 4 times now.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
My take is that they probably just want to focus on promoting Astral Chain for now. I think it makes sense to launch that before fully starting promotions for Bayonetta.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They could have also just as well said that Astral Chain was the game they wanted to put the spotlight on this E3. Nintendo are most likely having a Direct some time in September or October, after Astral Chain is out. We'll probably see the game debut there.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Why focus on the game that's nowhere close to being done when they have a new one right around the corner? Makes sense that it wasn't there.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. They want you to get Astral Chain. Giving Bayo 3 a big reveal now would potentially overshadow that game in a way that's unfair and honestly nonsensical when it's coming from the same studio.

Doubly so when the game looks as good as it does.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes games get announced to early. This was one of those times. Metroid Prime 4 was another. That doesn't mean both will end up the same.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
They also didn't show Babylons Fall.

I was waiting for some answer at least, i would have liked a confirmation of "showing later this year"

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Now someone please ask him where is Babylon's Fall since that game is supposed to come out this year but all we've seen from it is the CG trailer from last E3.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
"So just because we're not showing it here doesn't mean it's not going well."

Wish people here would get that...
Yup, let it cook.

Meanwhile Astral Chain looks amazing during the wait.

Now someone please ask him where is Babylon's Fall since that game is supposed to come out this year but all we've seen from it is the CG trailer from last E3.
Yeah, since it was quiet all year I'm surprised it didn't come up this year, especially since S-E had their own conference. I thought that was a pretty decent sign we could see it and why the longer wait.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Remember last time when they mentioned Bayo 3 and said it was gonig smoothly and everyone freaked out thinking there was trouble for some dumb ass reason?
Hashimoto (director of Bayonetta 2) left Platinum suddendly, im sure this won't affect the quality of the game when it eventually releases , even if Nintendo had to delay it internally , but its curious if it had any effect at all

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It makes more sense to promote Astral Chain now too seeing as how that's actually releasing in a few months.

Put Bayonetta 3 there and no one is talking about Astral Chain.

2020 will be a nice year for Switch ... Animal Crossing, Zelda: BOTW2, Bayonetta 3 ... I'm gonna guess a new 3D Mario as well from EAD Tokyo.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm super hyped for it, i'm sure it's gonna impress me a lot when they're ready to show it, just like astral chain did.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
"Games aren't usually done in a year or two" ... Sounds like it was announced way too early, like Metroid Prime 4.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the reason people are so inquisitive about this is because we know literally nothing about it. It might be nice to at least know like what the theme of the game is or something.