• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
They want to advertise as much of their new IP as possible in hopes it sells well.

We probably will see Bayonetta 3 in a direct or two. At least in a story trailer or something

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what will release first, Bayo 3, MP4, or SMTV? My holy trinity of Switch exclusives.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no way this one is coming out in 2019, Platinum has been getting a lot of work lately, Astral Chain, Bayonetta 3 and Babylon's Fall are all pretty big titles.
which honestly I'm okay with cause it would have been buried in 2019 and early 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if Square just sits on it and puts it out in like late spring-summer 2020.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Sometimes games get announced to early. This was one of those times. Metroid Prime 4 was another. That doesn't mean both will end up the same.
Well, on the bright side st least we know its coming.
Imagine them making Bayo 3 internally and we wouldn't anything by now :^( that would suck a lot. At least the announcement says the series isn't dead like many gamers (wanted to) believed after coming to Nintendo/Wii U

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
when they said "now in development" someone opened a laptop and started the first line of code.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, on the bright side st least we know its coming.
Imagine them making Bayo 3 internally and we wouldn't anything by now :^( that would suck a lot. At least the announcement says the series isn't dead like many gamers (wanted to) believed after coming to Nintendo/Wii U

I mean, it would be weird if Nintendo worked with them on Astral Chain and just brushed Bayonetta 3 under the rug like it never happened. I get the anxiety surrounding it but it is clear that it was simply announced way too early.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
Take all the time you need platinum i can wait astral chain looks amazing and is enough to quench my platinum thirst for a while

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Even if the game was able to make a 2019 release date ... would it even make sense to release it. The back half of 2019 is completely jammed.
It has to be either before march or one of the later months like September or October (but no November obv) 2 was released on October, AC on August so around that time makes sense.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean, it would be weird if Nintendo worked with them on Astral Chain and just brushed Bayonetta 3 under the rug like it never happened. I get the anxiety surrounding it but it is clear that it was simply announced way too early.
Oh i meant if they never announced it early on the switch life, same with MP4 i guess, at least we know they are coming, but Bayo would be easier to believe its dead than Metroid, it always has fans asking for Metroid even when Nintendo itself doesn't want to make them at times

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has to be either before march or one of the later months like September or October (but no November obv) 2 was released on October, AC on August so around that time makes sense.

Nintendo's 2020 is probably mapped out very nicely now.

Animal Crossing - March 2020
Bayonetta 3 - June 2020
EAD Tokyo Mario - September 2020
Zelda BOTW 2 - November 2020

Could work really well.

Luigi into December 2019 and AC into 2020, even though it sucks for AC fans, spreads the wealth nicely.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh i meant if they never announced it early on the switch life, same with MP4 i guess, at least we know they are coming, but Bayo would be easier to believe its dead than Metroid, it always has fans asking for Metroid even when Nintendo itself doesn't want to make them at times

Ah yes, that is true. Bayonetta fans have been disproportionately lucky in this regard. The series is now getting its second unlikely sequel.

Deleted member 56773

Banned
May 16, 2019

it's a weird thing. Our expectations are created by so many things outside our control. We assume negative or positive based on if we see a trailer or not. The trailer can be a good sign or can be a bad sign regardless of how good the trailer is. You can have an amazing trailer and all it means is a studio spent a year making a good trailer and have nothing of the game. It's just a total crapshoot. I'd rather have direct communication like that (actually a lot clearer, with more info) than trailers or screenshots or whatever.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm okay with this, I pre ordered for like $50 when Amazon put of that offer.

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's 2020 is probably mapped out very nicely now.

Animal Crossing - March 2020
Bayonetta 3 - June 2020
EAD Tokyo Mario - September 2020
Zelda BOTW 2 - November 2020

Could work really well.

Luigi into December 2019 and AC into 2020, even though it sucks for AC fans, spreads the wealth nicely.
and they still have potential ports like Xenoblade X ,3D world, Pikmin 3 , Metroid prime trilogy etc to fill in the gaps

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and they still have potential ports like Xenoblade X ,3D world, Pikmin 3 , Metroid prime trilogy etc to fill in the gaps

Yup. I actually think for the first time in ... a long time, Nintendo may have a pretty solid 1 1/2 years of non-stop pretty high end releases every quarter going forward.

Some people may bemoan it too, but I think reusing the BOTW engine for a direct sequel also is a smart business move because it probably moves a new Zelda to market 18 months quicker than otherwise.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's clearly because of Astral Chain. I have no doubt in my mind that B3 is far progressed and showable.

After AC comes out, I'll be expecting it in directs and stuff

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Yup. It was clearly announced early more as a way to hype up the Switch lineup. I don't think we'll see it until it's very close to release as most of Nintendo's other titles

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I'm not sure why anyone expected to see it in the first place with astral chain coming out first.
We'll probably see it after astral chain comes out and closer to TGS if anything

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, the Game Awards show seems like the most likely venue for the game to be fully revealed, since that plays to that audience the best, and it was at TGA that this project was announced to begin with 2 years prior.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Expecting a long hair Bayonetta for 3. Up-do for 1, short for 2, long for 3 lol

I loved the other games, can't wait for 3 but the extra time is alright with Astral Chain

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I know people are generally too quick to cry wolf, but to be fair it also really has been a while, and most publishers seems to be to trending toward having a year between reveal and release tops nowadays.

I wonder what will release first, Bayo 3, MP4, or SMTV? My holy trinity of Switch exclusives.

Definitely Bayo 3 -> MP4 -> SMTV